The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys Nottingham has different entry requirements for international applicants and EU/UK applicants for law. International applicants require AAA and EU/UK applicants require A*AA. I saw this in a prospectus and confirmed with admissions. I hope this clears things up!
Original post by hasithb
Guys Nottingham has different entry requirements for international applicants and EU/UK applicants for law. International applicants require AAA and EU/UK applicants require A*AA. I saw this in a prospectus and confirmed with admissions. I hope this clears things up!

I guess it's because in some countries there are no A*. A is the highest grade possible.
Bristol , Manchester or Warwick for law?
Original post by Al9121010
I guess it's because in some countries there are no A*. A is the highest grade possible.

Not really cause the AAA grade is for the normal A level (Edexcel, Cambridge etc.) which is the same no matter where you are in the world. I'm pretty sure it's because they want more money and that equates to more international students coming to Nottingham.
Reply 2844
Original post by hasithb

Oh thanks! That sounds like a legitimate reason. I am an international and was offered AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure but guess A2 A*AA in the UK are the same as A*AA elsewhere, aren't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cholesta
By the way he wasn't asking for AAA but someone mentioned that perhaps applicants may be getting AAA offers because they have great grades. I also mentioned if you read my other post that I thought it was fair to have contextual offers for applicants from low performing schools. So get off your high horse.

kind of hypercritical of you to ask me to get of my 'high horse' when all you've been doing is saying how great your sons achievements were
Original post by yvchan
Been waiting for Durham since the 17th of November. Anyone else?:s-smilie:

Still waiting for Durham since 9th Oct 😭

Edit: Anyone else still waiting?
(edited 8 years ago)
Got offers from Durham and Nottingham today for LLB!
Original post by harry0156
Still waiting for Durham since 9th Oct 😭

Edit: Anyone else still waiting?

Hey, I just got an offer from Durham two hours ago if that helps! Don't worry :smile:
Is it ridiculous to want to firm Kings over LSE?
How long do Bristol tend to take to hand out their rejections?
Original post by TelAviv
Got offers from Durham and Nottingham today for LLB!

I want one from Notts too ! :frown: Congrats!!!!!
Original post by Adelina97

Indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering if anyone has applied for the Warwick four year course?? I submitted my ucas in late November but still haven't heard anything from Warwick and Notts but since I got rejected from Bristol I am pretty sure I am awaiting a rejection from Notts ...:frown:
Original post by Adelina97

Absolutely not. Prestige is not the only thing to consider when choosing a course, but also how you think you're going to fit in and if you'll like it. If you have to go to LSE just to be utterly miserable, go to Kings.
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham for Law with Spanish? If yes, when did you apply and when did you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tina Raja
I was wondering if anyone has applied for the Warwick four year course?? I submitted my ucas in late November but still haven't heard anything from Warwick and Notts but since I got rejected from Bristol I am pretty sure I am awaiting a rejection from Notts ...:frown:

I you don't mind sharing.

When did you get reject from Bristol, for what reason, what is your status UK/EU/INT, predicted grades etc? Sorry you got rejected I expect to joing you soon.
I am a uk applicant, I am predicted AAA and I got an average lnat score of 23 and I got rejected today. They also didn't specify why I was rejected which was annoying but I hope to email them tomorrow and get an answer!
Original post by Tina Raja
I am a uk applicant, I am predicted AAA and I got an average lnat score of 23 and I got rejected today. They also didn't specify why I was rejected which was annoying but I hope to email them tomorrow and get an answer!

Yes good to find out why but I guess they will just say the competition was more competetive. Do they first send to UCAS or send you a mail direct? Sorry again hope you have some other good offers lined up

Latest

Trending

Trending