BMAT - 3.4 4.0 3.5A

Great stats! Is your offer still A*AA?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Great stats! Is your offer still A*AA?

yeah and a pass in the other 2 :smile:
I am slightly worried about the interviewers discussing my bmat essay. I have since composed an entirely new argument as the examples I used in my essay were absolutely terrible and made no sense. Will they ask me to elaborate and discuss my reasons for choosing those examples in my essay during the interview? Should I discuss my new argument?
Original post by annaliisa123
I am slightly worried about the interviewers discussing my bmat essay. I have since composed an entirely new argument as the examples I used in my essay were absolutely terrible and made no sense. Will they ask me to elaborate and discuss my reasons for choosing those examples in my essay during the interview? Should I discuss my new argument?

Don't worry. They know that your BMAT essay probably isn't your best piece of writing so they will be up for your new argument.
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer
To anyone who has an offer, what do you think you did in your interview that helped you to get it?

Just be calm, try and be as composed as you can, come across and warm and friendly and remember to be polite when you arrive and before you leave.
Original post by annaliisa123

Hi! I got my offer yesterday! But I was in exactly the same position as you. My BMAT essay was a shocking 2A (so I've already been rejected from imperial). What I did the night before my interview was to literally write a long model answer to the question, so when my interviewer asked what I would have liked to have written if I had another chance I had ideas instantly. I think that preparation saved me. :smile:
Hey guys :smile: wondering whether all interviews have been given out? I still haven't heard anything from UCL, the only one I'm still waiting for, any ideas?
Original post by vickiejamorr
Hi! I got my offer yesterday! But I was in exactly the same position as you. My BMAT essay was a shocking 2A (so I've already been rejected from imperial). What I did the night before my interview was to literally write a long model answer to the question, so when my interviewer asked what I would have liked to have written if I had another chance I had ideas instantly. I think that preparation saved me. :smile:

Well done! When was your interview?
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Well done! When was your interview?

Thanks! It was on Wednesday, found out yesterday. Hooray!
Original post by vickiejamorr

Thank you so much for the advice!!
I was wondering whether people could help me on the best points to mention for why ucl over the other london universities?
Reply 1131
Hey guys just so you know one of my friends who applied to UCL has been given an interview on the last of those dates that was sent out on that email. I'm not sure what this means for people still waiting, but thought you might like to know :smile:
Original post by gabby07
Hey guys just so you know one of my friends who applied to UCL has been given an interview on the last of those dates that was sent out on that email. I'm not sure what this means for people still waiting, but thought you might like to know :smile:

Have you heard back yet? :')
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1133
Original post by koreankid
Have you heard back yet? :wink:

I had my interview last Weds. A few people have heard back by I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure how it normally works...

Did other people who had interviews on Wednesday all hear on different days the week after their interview?

Fingers crossed :tongue:
Original post by gabby07
I had my interview last Weds. A few people have heard back by I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure how it normally works...

Did other people who had interviews on Wednesday all hear on different days the week after their interview?

Yeah me too! waiting waiting...
Reply 1135
Original post by koreankid
Yeah me too! waiting waiting...

When was your interview?
Original post by gabby07
When was your interview?

Last Wed Afternoon! It could be that they were busy sending out interview invites today like you said so couldnt send out offers :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gabby07

I'm sure it's random the order they give out offers, since you're not competing against anyone else and just need to 'pass' the interview it probably just depends on when it's processed.

The people from previous Wednesdays heard anywhere from the Tuesday to the following Monday I think? Fingers crossed for you tho!
Reply 1138
Original post by megafidget
I'm sure it's random the order they give out offers, since you're not competing against anyone else and just need to 'pass' the interview it probably just depends on when it's processed.

The people from previous Wednesdays heard anywhere from the Tuesday to the following Monday I think? Fingers crossed for you tho!

Thanks :biggrin: You guys did so well to get Monday offers!

Trying to forget about it as much as I can but just so hard! And it's only 1-2 weeks wait!! I was quite fine waiting months to hear from other unis :tongue:
Original post by gabby07
Thanks :biggrin: You guys did so well to get Monday offers!

Trying to forget about it as much as I can but just so hard! And it's only 1-2 weeks wait!! I was quite fine waiting months to hear from other unis :tongue:

Ahah thanks, we were very lucky that it came so early. The waiting was horrific! I think it's really tough because you can't forget about it at all in 1-2 weeks, but would still much rather take this than months of not knowing anything :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending