The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leeljoa
Anyone got an offer for Maths at Durham? Still waiting on mine, applied early Jan.

I applied for mmath at van mildert in mid October and haven't heard back. I got 4as last year and am predicted a*aa. What college did you apply to?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by h3yits4my
Applied for MMath 1st October with predicted 4A*s and have heard nothing, starting to get nervous now

I applied for mmath at van mildert in mid October and haven't heard back. I got 4as last year and am predicted a*aa. What college did you apply to?
Reply 1982
I applied at the beginning of January for psychology. At the end of January I got an email saying i was unsuccessful but was being considered for applied psychology. I haven't heard anything since, should I be worried?
Original post by leeljoa
Anyone got an offer for Maths at Durham? Still waiting on mine, applied early Jan.

I have an MMaths offer, I got it 13th Jan and I applied 9th October. Don't worry yet, I know a few people who are still waiting to hear back from maths. If you haven't been rejected yet (yes they already started rejecting people for maths and didn't reject you :colonhash:) then that's a good sign because you're still in the running :wink: fingers crossed we'll see each other in October :colondollar:
Anyone on here got an offer for English at Chads? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sop10
I completely forgot about the fact that Durham was a collegiate university! In my application, I mentioned I had no preference. A bit worried as lots of people seem really excited about their college allocation. Your thoughts on it? (PS. I have next to no idea about the colleges.)

Right back at you!

I'm a Law student too! (Since I'll most likely firm Durham) :-) I did express a preference, but considering I picked rather randomply, and having done a lot more research now, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever college I get! Hope to see you all there :-D
Original post by swissy9
Hi, no I still haven't heard, its been a very long wait.
Can I ask have you studied Japanese at gcse or A level?

Nope, I taught myself for roughly 2/3 years but I have no actual qualification in Japanese. How about you?
Original post by Sophes12
I'm a Japanese applicant and still haven't heard anything either :frown:

Do you know how many contact hours you have for Japanese at Durham? I've not been there to look around yet and it doesn't say on the website.
Original post by reenie.stp
Nope, I taught myself for roughly 2/3 years but I have no actual qualification in Japanese. How about you?

No, have just taught myself a few basics, am hoping that not having any formal qualifications wont go against me.I wish you well in your decision making.
Original post by swissy9
No, have just taught myself a few basics, am hoping that not having any formal qualifications wont go against me.I wish you well in your decision making.

It won't go against you at all. Most people will be going into the degree in the same position. Thank you and you too. Do you know how many contact hours you get at Durham for Japanese?
Reply 1990
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I'm a Law student too! (Since I'll most likely firm Durham) :-) I did express a preference, but considering I picked rather randomply, and having done a lot more research now, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever college I get! Hope to see you all there :-D

I'll probably be firming Durham too! What will your insurance be?
Reply 1991
Has anybody with an offer that came in in February been allocated to a college yet?
Still waiting on physics :mad:
Original post by reenie.stp
Do you know how many contact hours you have for Japanese at Durham? I've not been there to look around yet and it doesn't say on the website.

I went to the open day last year (it's not too far from where I live) and I think it was around the 12 hours mark but I'm not 100% on that
Original post by sop10
Has anybody with an offer that came in in February been allocated to a college yet?

got an offer for history on 8th feb, college allocation on the 16th. they're still making their way through the pile, don't worry! hope you hear soon
Original post by bj1
Looks like I'm the only one who booked for 22nd/23rd open days (St Mary's, NatSci)! It sounds sad but it's because I would miss many lessons on Monday and this is an important year!

Problem it's natural sciences open day is that as well as the overall NS lecture I then have to try and attend the individual sciences, biology and earth science, but I think they clash. I think I will prioritise Earth Science because it's a new subject to me and one I had to choose instead of chemistry since I don't do maths. And I already visited biology during the open day, it may be the same stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry I booked on that day too! (history at butler) pretty much for the same reasons too..i have loads of study periods on the 22nd/23rd so just easier to miss school on those days! I'm gonna have to be running around too because the history lecture is so long and i wanna look at the other drama/student union things. so if i see someone from st marys running around the campus too i'll presume its you, haha!
Original post by Issymarsh
Anyone got an offer for history at durham? I am starting to get worried.
My grades are 8A*s and 1 A at GCSE and predicted 2A*s and A at Alevel.

i got an offer on the 8th feb, did not expect it at all. you have defo done better than me academia-wise so i'm sure you'll get it! my friend is also waiting for a history offer so don't worry about it - no news is good news! hang tight and hope to see you next year :smile:
Original post by sop10
I'll probably be firming Durham too! What will your insurance be?

Hopefully Edinburgh, since my offer from KCL is the same... yours?
Just got an offer for LLB Law!!:tongue:
Original post by sop10

My offer came on the 17th of February and my College allocation today. I got Grey :-D

Quick Reply

Latest