The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittt
In the same boat as you guys,

Where else have you applied???
Original post by magnusbane
Where else have you applied???

Notts, st Georges and Newcastle. Rejected from all 3 pre interview 😔 I have so much hope for Keele now, what about you??
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Notts, st Georges and Newcastle. Rejected from all 3 pre interview 😔 I have so much hope for Keele now, what about you??

Liverpool, Sheffield, and Cardiff; rejected from sheffield pre-interview, interview at liverpool and waiting on cardiff
(edited 8 years ago)
Liverpool, Sheffield, and Cardiff; rejected from sheffield pre-interview, interview at liverpool and waiting on cardiff

Awww well done on the Liverpool interview! I've heard a few people are waiting on Cardiff still too. Is keele your first choice?
Awww well done on the Liverpool interview! I've heard a few people are waiting on Cardiff still too. Is keele your first choice?

I don't really know i'm just really confused right now, and tired

Yeah fair enough
Reply 1066
Original post by sara0928
Aw I totally know how you guys are feeling because I was feeling the same up until 16.41 today. I really hope you, @charlottemc1234 and everyone else hear ASAP. Good luck :smile:

Congrats at least one of the omg-i-cant-handle-the-wait crew has heard back!!! About bloody time too.

I haven't heard and should have heard by now if it was going to be positive according to the woman I spoke to. Good luck to everyone else waiting and for those of you with interviews I hope you do well
Reply 1067

Yeah fair enough

Are you guys applying as grads or school leavers?
Original post by kc91
Congrats at least one of the omg-i-cant-handle-the-wait crew has heard back!!! About bloody time too.

I haven't heard and should have heard by now if it was going to be positive according to the woman I spoke to. Good luck to everyone else waiting and for those of you with interviews I hope you do well

Hahaha!! I am still in shock. It is annoying you guys are still waiting. I reckon tmw and thursday they'll send out more interviews and maybe more rejections on friday. It's my guess, might be completely wrong but lets stay positive for the rest of the "omg-i-cant-handle-the-wait" crew :wink: I really hope you all hear good news!
Original post by Kittt

School leaver, i'm in year 13
Original post by Kittt

I'm a grad
Reply 1071
I'm a grad

Same here. & I've been rejected from my other three choices pre-interview too :'( Keele sure do know how to make this wait as painful as possible! :P
Original post by Kittt
Same here. & I've been rejected from my other three choices pre-interview too :'( Keele sure do know how to make this wait as painful as possible! :P

Yeah they do! I hope we hear today
Stats: 5 A* 4 A GCSE
AAAA at AS
2500 Band 1 UKCAT

and what i get is a rejection from all Unis. Its strange how they choose future doctors based on a few paragraphs, i bet someone who is good at english can put together the most fluent and seamless RR or Personal statement, but no way that means they are a good doctor. Simply ridiculous.
Original post by sara0928
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Guys, I have just received an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe this is actually happening. Cannot describe how happy I am! Thank you sooo much for all the tips and motivation you all have given me (and everyone else).
Email came through @16.41
Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear.

Yay, congratulations!! You deserve this :biggrin:
Original post by a209150
AAAA at AS
2500 Band 1 UKCAT

and what i get is a rejection from all Unis. Its strange how they choose future doctors based on a few paragraphs, i bet someone who is good at english can put together the most fluent and seamless RR or Personal statement, but no way that means they are a good doctor. Simply ridiculous.

keele is one of the only unis that bases things almost purely on a RR or personal statement, most of the others are purely academic, I had very similar stats when I applied as an undergrad and also got 4 resections pre interview, there are just so may people out there with higher academics and UKCATs applying for medicine unfortunately
Reply 1076
Original post by a209150
AAAA at AS
2500 Band 1 UKCAT

Don't be disheartened by this. Work experience is a big factor for keele and the R and R form is pretty much saying what you learned from the work experience you did, they're not focused on your academics!
rejection at 11:50 :frown:
rejection at 11:50 :frown:

Really sorry to hear that :frown: wishing you the best in the future man
To the people who were given interviews yesterday, what date was it?

Quick Reply