The Student Room Group

The road between I Kant revise and success: diary of a procrastinator

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's a closed group so you have to register but I'm on my phone rn so I'll hopefully send it tonight or tomorrow depending on how much biology revision gets done :wink:
And sure sharing resources sounds great as different people get taught different things so I'm sure any other viewpoints would be interesting
Original post by Vanessaxx98
Can you copy and paste the link for the save re facebook group
Original post by Jehaan
Same! You want to share notes?

I don't mind, message me your email and I'll get back to you once I've finished them off since atm I'm sorting them out :smile: Btw the way my class does things is that we cover the ethical theory such as Kant, just apply it to medical ethics such as IVF but we don't have any particular case study or anything, Is that how your class does it too? I personally was thinking of researching + finding specific case studies to relate because i think it would be better but thats maybe just me
Original post by Jehaan
It's a closed group so you have to register but I'm on my phone rn so I'll hopefully send it tonight or tomorrow depending on how much biology revision gets done :wink:
And sure sharing resources sounds great as different people get taught different things so I'm sure any other viewpoints would be interesting

Hey! I appreciate that if you could do that asap that would be great. Goodluck with your revision i have just finished my english coursework
Original post by Studentxoxo
I don't mind, message me your email and I'll get back to you once I've finished them off since atm I'm sorting them out :smile: Btw the way my class does things is that we cover the ethical theory such as Kant, just apply it to medical ethics such as IVF but we don't have any particular case study or anything, Is that how your class does it too? I personally was thinking of researching + finding specific case studies to relate because i think it would be better but thats maybe just me

[email protected], feel free to message me at any point
Reply 24
Original post by Studentxoxo

Yeah we have done loads of ethical theories. Off the top of my head in year 13 we have done existentialism, virtue ethics, Kant, natural moral law and Christian ethics. Whilst doing revision I am relating everything to medical ethics that I am revising like I just wrote about the cardinal virtue of prudence and I related it to the fact that you are not practicing prudence if you think that say embryo research is right. Also, I was looking at model answers and one of the common features was they all have specific case studies and statistics so I was thinking of researching them but idk.
Have you read the Children's act? apparently its really good for medical ethics.
Reply 25
Unfortunately, this week I did not accomplish everything that I wanted to between forgetting about last minute tests and being ill. I managed to make a list of all tasks and start scheduling them so that I am not left with a load of work close to the exams. I did start working on my EPQ but I did not get as far as I wanted to unfortunately. However, this will not be my downfall! Normally, I get to this stage and I give up as I have become behind on my work but I am aiming to embrace this and use this as a lesson to learn the importance of balancing the right amount of work.
Reply 26
Well now I have all my mocks back and let's just say that I could have done better...
Let's just start this off by saying that I revised for my mocks mostly chemistry, then biology and my RS revision consisted of an 1 hour the night before one and two frees before the second. And I got... A* in RS, a B in Biology and an E in Chemistry.
I am obviously very happy about RS as I did not think I would get anywhere near that high a mark. Biology I probably could have done much better especially since I was watching legally blonde as a way of procrastinating before the exam so I fully accept my fault in that. And Chemistry.... Just no.
For RS to improve I want to start relating every ethical theory to medical ethics so some of my examples are not as random. I also need to revise much more for the philosophy side.
Biology- can I just say that if I revised secretion of insulin I would have got an A. Looking through the mock I tended to at least get one mark on every question and I generally knew the gist of the answers but I needed to go over things more thoroughly so I have more of an idea of what I am talking about. I noticed I mainly lost marks because of a lack of key words. I aim to achieve this through doing lots of past papers and past exam questions as I have not looked at any yet my detail is a bit lacking.
Chemistry- I really need to consolidate all my work and go over areas of weakness. Simply put, I just did not know my stuff
Also, I found silly mistakes in both Biology and Chemistry papers, which included in both papers my inability to round. I kept rounding wrong or other silly mistakes like that which meant I did not achieve my desired result.
After Biology and Chemistry I am making my usual table where I look at each question, go through weaknesses and pick out misakes and put it into a table. I will do this for every exam paper so that I know where all my mistakes lie so therefore I can concerntrate in imporvemment rather than making sill mistakes constantly.
Reply 27
Well its been a long time but I think this is just the thing to keep motivation up and procrastination down.
CUrrently, I'm revising chemistry. I took each spec point for f324 and put the information needed about point. Once i finished that, i am transferring the notes onto flashcards by condensing information and putting exam answers so i can remember more fully.
Hiya, nice blog! I like hearing about all the different things people are doing from GyG and RS is not something I know much about as a subject, so it's interesting to see a bit of what it involves through this. I was just wondering- what is your EPQ on? Are you doing a dissertation/artefact/etc. I did one last (AS) year so I'm kinda curious about what other people did in theirs.
(Also, you said you were wanting to study medicine- did you apply for this year or are you planning on a gap year? I applied this year, and it's always fun to talk to people in the same boat as you)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending