The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Ok, ok, I promise this is the last thing tonight omg, but I just got an offer from Durham!!! :party:
Reply 21
Original post by Gingerbread101
Ok, ok, I promise this is the last thing tonight omg, but I just got an offer from Durham!!! :party:

Knew you would:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

I'm just so happy right now, they were taking so long and I thought I'd never get it :biggrin:
Reply 23
I'm just so happy right now, they were taking so long and I thought I'd never get it :biggrin:

Haha yeah, was the same with my applicant day for Sunderland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24

Congratulations! :woo:

Yay!!!!! You deserve it! :smile:
Original post by Ara8311a
Yay!!!!! You deserve it! :smile:

Thanks so much lovely :h:
Update 23/02/2016

In sixth form today I did more work on my History coursework, I'm now making a plan and finding my last few sources. We were just working through some more of the syllabus and making notes in English Lit and English Lang. At home tonight (after staying late at school to do set painting) I made some revision essay plans for History!
Essay Plans
InstagramCapture_1a30ca51-6faa-43e8-ba7f-52943dc32ed0.jpg

I have an A4 notebook for my History revision, which I got from Wilko here. I absolutely love this stationery range from there and have a few notebooks and the like that all match :awesome: i actually find the paper really nice to write on, and their notebooks are of pretty good quality while being insanely cheap!

I always separate my essay plans out into tables, which can be made as a plan in the exam too (only with more concise information). I only write the key facts I want to include and sometimes a key explanation point, but I keep the explanation in my plans to a minimum - this makes them easier to learn.

When I'm revising essay plans, I write a few key facts for each paragraph as bullet points and get someone to test me on them, while I say all of the facts in order.

What's your favourite way of making essay plans? Do you do your revision in separate notebooks too?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)

YAAAAY will you be firming this? :biggrin:
Original post by Student403
YAAAAY will you be firming this? :biggrin:

Yep!! I firmed it this morning :awesome:
Yep!! I firmed it this morning :awesome:

That's fantastic :yep: Congrats!
I did flashcards of mark scheme answers for each past exam question back at GCSE for Judaism, ended up as a little mindmap :tongue: Worked well, got full UMS for the paper! This time I shall try doing something like it for the sciences too. :tongue:

Edit: We don't have past papers as new spec. :grumble:

:yay::yay: :yay: :yay:
That's fantastic :yep: Congrats!

Thanks! :hugs: Now I just need to see which college I'm allocated :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
I did flashcards of mark scheme answers for each past exam question back at GCSE for Judaism, ended up as a little mindmap :tongue: Worked well, got full UMS for the paper! This time I shall try doing something like it for the sciences too. :tongue:

Edit: We don't have past papers as new spec. :grumble:

Ooh, that's a good idea! :tongue:
That would work well with indicative content for History :yes:
Do you do AQA A Love Through the Ages for English Literature? I saw your revision post (and it's very useful!), but literature is obviously a really different subject to those such as history, which are more about memorising the textbooks, and I was wondering if you have any particular methods for lit, as you're clearly great at it! The spec I do is four unseen extracts which is a terrifying thought.
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Do you do AQA A Love Through the Ages for English Literature? I saw your revision post (and it's very useful!), but literature is obviously a really different subject to those such as history, which are more about memorising the textbooks, and I was wondering if you have any particular methods for lit, as you're clearly great at it! The spec I do is four unseen extracts which is a terrifying thought.

I do :yes:

Do you use wider reading in your exam answers? My revision is mainly learning quotes from my wider reading with post it notes :smile:

Update 25/02/2016

Apologies for not updating yesterday, I was at Scouts in the evening. Today I got back my second English Literature coursework draft to make some changes, and my teacher said it's already almost done! I'm aiming for close to full marks in this coursework, wish me luck! I've also started writing the introduction of my History coursework personal study about Oliver Cromwell.
Notemaking

Uploading photos doesn't seem to be working tonight, so I'll upload the photo for this post separately :smile:

For the notes in the photo (which I made in history today), I was using a Muji 0.38 gel pen, and Stabilo highlighters.

I like to colour code my highlighting throughout my entire folder (so pink = social factors, blue = political factors, green = economic factors), which helps me to be able to see things easier as I go through to revise.

When notemaking, I also find arrows and tables really helpful, and always condense the textbook.

How do you like writing notes?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Update 25/02/2016

Apologies for not updating yesterday, I was at Scouts in the evening. Today I got back my second English Literature coursework draft to make some changes, and my teacher said it's already almost done! I'm aiming for close to full marks in this coursework, wish me luck! I've also started writing the introduction of my History coursework personal study about Oliver Cromwell.
Notemaking

Uploading photos doesn't seem to be working tonight, so I'll upload the photo for this post separately :smile:

For the notes in the photo (which I made in history today), I was using a Muji 0.38 gel pen, and Stabilo highlighters.

I like to colour code my highlighting throughout my entire folder (so pink = social factors, blue = political factors, green = economic factors), which helps me to be able to see things easier as I go through to revise.

When notemaking, I also find arrows and tables really helpful, and always condense the textbook.

How do you like writing notes?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

I'm not much of a notemaker but I must say yours are so beautiful :eek:
I'm not much of a notemaker but I must say yours are so beautiful :eek:

Thank you :awesome: I always try to make them as neat and colour co-ordinated as possible, although I imagine at uni that will involve a lot of rewriting :giggle:

What do you do in lessons if you aren't a big fan of notemaking? :curious:
Thank you :awesome: I always try to make them as neat and colour co-ordinated as possible, although I imagine at uni that will involve a lot of rewriting :giggle:

What do you do in lessons if you aren't a big fan of notemaking? :curious:

In maths, further maths and add. further maths there really isn't much to make notes on - it's more about practice for me :smile:

In physics I never rewrite notes because again, I find reading over ones made in class quickly coupled with past paper practice does the trick ^^

And german... I should really make notes... I get by somehow? :rofl: This is probably why I struggle lol

Quick Reply

Latest