The Student Room Group

Longest relationship you've been in?

a) what is the longest relationship you've been in?
b) are you still with that same person
f
c) if not why did you break up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

0 Days:biggrin:
2 years and a month, still going strong :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutelady
f

Posted from TSR Mobile

A year and a half.
No.

He left and it was for the best. We were both quite emotionally immature, he was very controlling, got a thrill out of upsetting me, was very possessive, twisted things, accused me of having a split personality. His mother even joined in on that. Eurgh.
Reply 4
Original post by ahsenrauf

highfive :biggrin:
Been with my current partner for 4 years and 4 months, engaged for 1 year 5 months.
Reply 6
Original post by Emily.97
A year and a half.
No.

He left and it was for the best. We were both quite emotionally immature, he was very controlling, got a thrill out of upsetting me, was very possessive, twisted things, accused me of having a split personality. His mother even joined in on that. Eurgh.

That's a long time to waste on a bad guy. No offence.

An important lesson I guess. :smile:
Original post by stefano865
That's a long time to waste on a bad guy. No offence.

An important lesson I guess. :smile:

Indeed. It is a learning curve and we only learn these things through experience.
I was very naive and young, i wouldn't have left, we reinforced unhealthy beliefs in the relationship (e.g. i cant live without you), but now ive matured and gained perspective i doubt id be in that position again in adulthood.
22 months
Nope
She turned into a real bitch with me after like a year and a half, I stuck around and told myself it was my fault. Things got progressively worse until eventually I realised enough was enough after a friend told me to grow a pair. Also found out she'd been stealing from me after the fact :/
Reply 9
Been with my girlfriend 7 and a half years. Previous relationship was 6 and a half, with about a month in between the two. Plus a little 6 months separation halfway through first relationship.

Psychologists make of that what you will.
x

8 months (that's long for a teenager :biggrin: )

Nope

Because he got too intense. He was talking about moving in together and get married and having kids and I was like dude!!! we ARE kids!!! So I broke it off, not in the nicest way, mind.... :/
3 years
No
I went abroad for a year as part of my studies - I felt it was time to move on anyway, and this was a natural way of ending it. Plus, he wanted kids (and soon) and I didn't!
(edited 8 years ago)
2 years
no
an accumulation of things
Original post by Emily.97
Indeed. It is a learning curve and we only learn these things through experience.
I was very naive and young, i wouldn't have left, we reinforced unhealthy beliefs in the relationship (e.g. i cant live without you), but now ive matured and gained perspective i doubt id be in that position again in adulthood.

Yep I guess teenage love can be quite intense.

Lack of experience means you go on what you see in books and films perhaps.

Which is an unrealistic portrayal.

Just a thought. :wink:
f

Posted from TSR Mobile

6 years with my right hand lol
All of mine have been less than 6 months in duration :frown:
Original post by ahsenrauf

Joining the club :u:
Reply 18
Mine has been 2 years and 6 months.
Still with him.... But scared to death he will leave me one day cause I'm not the prettiest or skinniest girl, and that he will leave me heartbroken and crushed 💔

Posted from TSR Mobile
1ns\leq 1 \text{ns}

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending