The Student Room Group

Struggling w/ your personal statement?

Hi all, I thought it would be really nice to post my personal statement for those who may be having some difficulties. So, here it is...

Offers received:
University of Sheffield: Law and Criminology (AAB)
University of Liverpool: Law and Criminology (ABB)
University of Swansea: Law and Criminology (BBB- it was lowered)
University of Brighton: Law and Criminology (CCC)
University of Lincoln: Law and Criminology (300 UCAS points)

Do not hesitate to ask any questions!
PS: I am in year 13, currently taking A2 Maths, A2 Sociology and A2 Spanish.
My predicted grades are A*, A and B- not respectively, lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Quotes?! Isn't that one of the most chessiest and cliched things? :K:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Shiv is Light

Hahaha, I agree w/ you but I guess they did like it...
I feel personal statements are over hyped, I mean I didn't apply for Oxbridge or anything so idk how the top unis want it but the personal statement I sent off was the first draft, I wrote it on paper at work and copied it up that night. I feel it's really hard for your personal statement to be the factor that doesn't get you the offer.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I feel personal statements are over hyped, I mean I didn't apply for Oxbridge or anything so idk how the top unis want it but the personal statement I sent off was the first draft, I wrote it on paper at work and copied it up that night. I feel it's really hard for your personal statement to be the factor that doesn't get you the offer.

I completetly disagree. The Personal Statement should be at the top with grades supporting and negotiable dependant on personal statement imo.
Original post by JackEDeakin
I completetly disagree. The Personal Statement should be at the top with grades supporting and negotiable dependant on personal statement imo.

I mean as long as you have any skill in writing and you have actual stuff to put in your personal statement, it's pretty simple.
Original post by Shiv is Light

I also used a quote on my personal statement and it got me into my first choice (imperial college) so I guess they do like it!
Original post by HayleyHowlett
I also used a quote on my personal statement and it got me into my first choice (imperial college) so I guess they do like it!

We really don't

It's not going to result in a rejection but quoting someone else's words is not personal.
Original post by ron_E
Hi all, I thought it would be really nice to post my personal statement for those who may be having some difficulties. So, here it is...
Course: Law and Criminology (LLB)
<snip>

Do not hesitate to ask any questions!
PS: I am in year 13, currently taking A2 Maths, A2 Sociology and A2 Spanish.
My predicted grades are A*, A and B- not respectively, lol.

You really shouldn't post your PS online until you've got your results and are attending and happy in your first year of university.

If there's even the slightest chance you might end up reapplying next year you now can't reuse a single sentence from this PS as it will have been added to the UCAS plagiarism database.
I'm closing this thread now. The PS has been in the public domain for nearly 24 hours and will now have been cached by Google, making it unusable not only for anyone else but also for the OP if she reapplies. Any further use of it will trigger a plagiarism report by UCAS.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PS, OR ANY PART OF IT, ONLINE.

Latest

Trending

Trending