The Student Room Group

King edwards camphill sixth form interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rohit301099
yea, but you have good grades so i wouldn't be that shocked XD

thanks haha they're okay but they said its sooo competitive and some of the grades other people have are way higher, what are urs like
Original post by millbaker
thanks haha they're okay but they said its sooo competitive and some of the grades other people have are way higher, what are urs like

they are okay, stop being so modest XD i got 7 A* and 4 As in the mock but my predicted grades are mostly As and Bs
Reply 22
they are okay, stop being so modest XD i got 7 A* and 4 As in the mock but my predicted grades are mostly As and Bs

thats soo good!!! haha
thats soo good!!! haha

well, what can i say, i am a natural born genius XD but there are people that have way better grades then me T-T
Reply 24
well, what can i say, i am a natural born genius XD but there are people that have way better grades then me T-T

haha i guess there's always people with better grades though !!
haha i guess there's always people with better grades though !!

yea, i guess so. well i hope you smash your interview and get in and i also get in. then at least we can be friends there XD
yea, i guess so. well i hope you smash your interview and get in and i also get in. then at least we can be friends there XD

Do you know when you find out when you have a conditional offer or not?
Reply 27

What grammar did you got because I got into a couple and I want to Know if I got into the one you went to?
Original post by Imitationgame234
Do you know when you find out when you have a conditional offer or not?

Have you done an interview yet? :smile:
Original post by hasan15
What grammar did you got because I got into a couple and I want to Know if I got into the one you went to?

I got a conditional place Queen Mary, five ways, Aston i have still to hear from few other places. hope it helps :smile:
Reply 30
I got a conditional place Queen Mary, five ways, Aston i have still to hear from few other places. hope it helps :smile:

I also have QM and Aston, yet to hear from Five Ways, do they send you a letter if your accepted?
Original post by CoronationStreet
Well as a person I was someone who was really confident, because of grammar I feel I have lost all of this confidence,and it has worsened my anxiety. I felt so clever in school, now I feel stupid because theres always someone better than you, so make sure you dont compare yourself because that will get to you down.

Simply, I would not recommend it, I KNOW I would have done better in my AS levels if I didnt go to a grammar, but I cant tell you what to do- this is my experience- its not everyones.

Exact same experience, all the confidence I had built at secondary school was chipped away in 1 year of a fancy 6th form.

Several years later (going on to do my masters), i'm fairly confident but still considered "quiet" and am nowhere near the confident kid I was in year 11.

Fascinating someone else had the same experience lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hasan15
I also have QM and Aston, yet to hear from Five Ways, do they send you a letter if your accepted?

well, i got a letter, you didn't ?
Have you done an interview yet? :smile:

Yeah I've done my interview and today I found out I got a place.
Original post by Imitationgame234
Yeah I've done my interview and today I found out I got a place.

cool :biggrin: ,um, for camp hill boys?

Five ways is really good!! Im going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oblivion99
Five ways is really good!! Im going

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, i have just accepted every place i got XD I will decide where to go ultimately in june
cool :biggrin: ,um, for camp hill boys?

No for Camp Hill girls.
Original post by Oilfreak1
Exact same experience, all the confidence I had built at secondary school was chipped away in 1 year of a fancy 6th form.

Several years later (going on to do my masters), i'm fairly confident but still considered "quiet" and am nowhere near the confident kid I was in year 11.

Fascinating someone else had the same experience lol

Its really weird, in secondary I was able to stick up for myself, get up in front of the class, talk easily to people. However, now in sixth form I struggle to do simple things. It has really messed with my head. IM SO GLAD I went to a state school for my secondary years, imagine how bad I would be if I spent seven years there when Im like this after just nearly two.

I think people need to look beyond the name of 'grammar' and really think about what it involves. Also I dont think the teaching is any better, if anything you're in a stress ridden environment, which weakens your performance. And oh boy did it weaken my performance.
Original post by CoronationStreet
Its really weird, in secondary I was able to stick up for myself, get up in front of the class, talk easily to people. However, now in sixth form I struggle to do simple things. It has really messed with my head. IM SO GLAD I went to a state school for my secondary years, imagine how bad I would be if I spent seven years there when Im like this after just nearly two.

I think people need to look beyond the name of 'grammar' and really think about what it involves. Also I dont think the teaching is any better, if anything you're in a stress ridden environment, which weakens your performance. And oh boy did it weaken my performance.

Teaching is better I particularly found the chemistry teachers to be outstanding (went to a state college late reply and even the worst teacher at the grammar was miles ahead).

What got me was bullying, not really from students but from teachers. In addition to favouritism towards internals with pastoral care being focussed on them rather than everyone, it was like they wanted me to fail.

I think it was one particularly terrible school not reflective of all grammar as. Had I not gone there I would not have met my wonderful gf of 4 years nor would I have the ambition to be better than everyone that came out of that shithole. So I guess everything happens for a reason a 16 year old being bullied by teachers however, was really damaging to my confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest