The Student Room Group

My road to 4 A's at AS!

Hey! So I thought I'd start one of these things in order to attempt to stay more focused as in reality slacking this much won't get me the grades I need! I never really revised at GCSE so now A-levels are really hurting... so therefore I will plan out my weeks here to ensure I revise properly!

My goal is to revise at least 2 hours a day, and to do two subjects a day rather than focusing all of my revision on Maths because I find it fun.

Mock Grades (December):

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:lol: I'm doing the same A levels and got the same results. hahahahaha
Reply 2
Week beginning 22nd Feb:

Monday:

Chem - Amount of Substance (Did ~1.5 hours of this - feeling confident with the average exam question but I feel a weirdly worded question might catch me out.)
Physics - Particles (x)

Tuesday:

Maths - C1 Past Paper (Yep - see below!)
Biology - Biological Molecules (Did an hour of this after school in revision session)

Wednesday:

Chem - Amount of Substance (Did Energetics instead!)
Physics - Particles (x)

Thursday:

Maths - Revise Trig + Logs then C2 Past Paper (Yep!)
Biology - Cells (doing this in frees tomorro)

Weekend:

Maths - S1 Revision + Past Papers ()
Chemistry - Amount of Substance ()
Physics - Waves () - Learn the SI Units!!! ()
Biology - Cells ()
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sik sik
:lol: I'm doing the same A levels and got the same results. hahahahaha

Hahah gotta love Chem right? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
What exam boards are you doing?
I'm doing AQA for maths(mechanics) and OCR for bio ,chem and physics.
Reply 5
Original post by sik sik
What exam boards are you doing?
I'm doing AQA for maths(mechanics) and OCR for bio ,chem and physics.

MEI Maths, AQA Chem/Phys and Edexcel Bio :tongue:
Reply 6
23/02:

Did a C1 Paper (MEI Jan '12) and got 65/72. Made some stupid mistakes:

- Didn't realise I could rationalise a denominator on a square root (2)
- Accidentally put x=-1 on the positive side (3)

(Gonna keep a tally of all the silly marks I lose to look back at later! :wink: )
Reply 7
Im doing Maths, Chemistry Psychology and Economics and i got 4 Cs for my mocks lmao

Im gonna put some effort for once in the last 12 weeks and lets see if i can get 4 A's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
C is great in Chem man, if you did the specimen paper like we did as a mock it was ridiculously hard :P
Reply 9
Original post by Avacado
C is great in Chem man, if you did the specimen paper like we did as a mock it was ridiculously hard :P

I did the specimen with some additional questions. Bear in mind the exam did not include complex topics like enthalpy, entropy, equilibrium etc. I do edexcel and its fairly easy but some of the calculations can be difficult. The paper 2 specimen is the hardest paper ive seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Rtdsv
I did the specimen with some additional questions. Bear in mind the exam did not include complex topics like enthalpy, entropy, equilibrium etc. I do edexcel and its fairly easy but some of the calculations can be difficult. The paper 2 specimen is the hardest paper ive seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my opinion enthalpy and equilibrium are two of the easier topics... it's the amount of substance I struggled with the most I think although mainly the issue was the way the papers phrased things; and the fact that there was an 8 marker on Titrations that I couldn't answer didn't help :')

Are you intending to continue Chem next year?
Reply 11
Yeah im not that good with amount of substance, moles etc.
And yes i am only because i find it somewhat easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello. Great start to your blog so far! :h:

This is not study related.. but there weren't any avocado and study based images that I could find, and this made me lol :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Rtdsv
Im doing Maths, Chemistry Psychology and Economics and i got 4 Cs for my mocks lmao

Im gonna put some effort for once in the last 12 weeks and lets see if i can get 4 A's

Posted from TSR Mobile

what exam board for maths? mines is edexcel
Reply 14
Original post by raman_17
what exam board for maths? mines is edexcel

Same. I did well on C1 then i got a U in M1 lmao like the rest of my class except the 3 people who got A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
24/02/16:

Did an Energetics test in Chem and got 16/29 :/

Issue was learning the way round the signs go so gonna spend an hour or so revising that.
Original post by Rtdsv
Same. I did well on C1 then i got a U in M1 lmao like the rest of my class except the 3 people who got A

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a U too :biggrin:, gonna resit it in june!!
Reply 17
Also this has made me realise I neglect Physics far too much. I really need to start doing more as it's falling behind in comparison to Bio and Chem.
Reply 18
Update 27/02/16:

Learned logs therefore am finished with C2 now - did past paper and got 60/72 which is reasonable for a first attempt - areas of improvement are logs and trig/sector area. Also revised an hour of the inorganic periodicity section of Chem (g2 and shapes etc.).

I'll be reading ahead tomorrow as I'm on work experience next week at the hospital - for now time to do some particle physics, yay! (said nobody ever...)
Original post by Avacado
Update 27/02/16:

Learned logs therefore am finished with C2 now - did past paper and got 60/72 which is reasonable for a first attempt - areas of improvement are logs and trig/sector area. Also revised an hour of the inorganic periodicity section of Chem (g2 and shapes etc.).

I'll be reading ahead tomorrow as I'm on work experience next week at the hospital - for now time to do some particle physics, yay! (said nobody ever...)

nice so 80% on the dot yh. How do you find c2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending