The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4360
flamini.............
PEAK!!!!!!!
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Yeah but we were playing Donald Love at RB

as if you even had a better option
Has Messi had a longer goal drought against one keeper btw? 10 Hours 11 Minutes seems pretty long for the supposed best forward in the world
Original post by shawn_o1
Has Messi had a longer goal drought against one keeper btw? 10 Hours 11 Minutes seems pretty long for the supposed best forward in the world

Playing against a parked bus every time would be difficult for any player. He hadn't scored against Neuer before and got two and now he broke his duck against Cech with two.
Original post by swirly
as if you even had a better option

DONALD ****ing LOVE
(edited 8 years ago)
Committed too many forward for the first goal and got punished on the counter, but overall thought you guys did a pretty good job at containing Barcelona, although it wasn't a vintage performance from them. Probably deserved a goal but I doubt that would change the outcome of the tie.

Mertesacker deserves a lot of blame for giving away the penalty IMO, no idea what he was thinking there.
Original post by swirly
you lost to a team that sounds like its straight out of a Disney fairytale and bottled your only chance of champions league next season

United are going through most likely. Arsenal have no chance whatsoever.
Sanchez and Walcott/Ox against Man U's 4th choice RB and LB respectively... and we probably still wouldn't score.
That was probably Flamini's last game for Arsenal
Original post by ThatGuyYannick
That was probably Flamini's last game for Arsenal

can see that being the final straw for wenger
Original post by swirly
you lost to a team that sounds like its straight out of a Disney fairytale and bottled your only chance of champions league next season

Getting desperate now swarls
Reply 4371
Whats up ladies I'm single and ready to kill myself!
Barca so good that all 11 players completed that match in 90 minutes plus stoppage time. Wenger tried that once, and didn't win the match.
Starting to sound like a broken record.

Thought we played very well in the first half but you could see the complacency starting to settle in towards the end. Ramsey and Ox did nothing to ease the fact that we're really struggling to score and did not help the cause. A bad day for our attack (bar Ozil) and that's the result. You can't expect the defence to hold out forever. The same players letting Wenger down year after year. Nothing more to be said.

But I will say more because it's getting fu*king ridiculous now. What was Wenger thinking bringing on Flamini? What difference did he expect him to make? Utter negligence to allow Ox to come back on for the second half too, he looked absolutely shattered at the end of the first half. In an ideal world Mertesacker will be dropped to hell and Flamini will be made to play with the reserves whilst Giroud also gets a seat on the bench because he's been absolutely terrible for two whole months now. Can say a lot lot more but I'm just too frustrated with Wenger and I'm so close to breaking point. He has no business at this club if he fails to win the title this season. End.
Also shout out to our disgraceful fan base. I paid £150 in the last minute to watch that and was obviously devastated but stayed until the end. Everyone around me leaving made me more angry than I should have been.
Original post by shawn_o1
Sanchez and Walcott/Ox against Man U's 4th choice RB and LB respectively... and we probably still wouldn't score.

Great chat shawn. Keep it up. Been really enjoying your posts of late :smile:

Original post by AliRizzo
Starting to sound like a broken record.

Thought we played very well in the first half but you could see the complacency starting to settle in towards the end. Ramsey and Ox did nothing to ease the fact that we're really struggling to score and did not help the cause. A bad day for our attack (bar Ozil) and that's the result. You can't expect the defence to hold out forever. The same players letting Wenger down year after year. Nothing more to be said.

But I will say more because it's getting fu*king ridiculous now. What was Wenger thinking bringing on Flamini? What difference did he expect him to make? Utter negligence to allow Ox to come back on for the second half too, he looked absolutely shattered at the end of the first half. In an ideal world Mertesacker will be dropped to hell and Flamini will be made to play with the reserves whilst Giroud also gets a seat on the bench because he's been absolutely terrible for two whole months now. Can say a lot lot more but I'm just too frustrated with Wenger and I'm so close to breaking point. He has no business at this club if he fails to win the title this season. End.

Thought Ozil was pretty anonymous tbf. Obviously not going to have a go about it because he has been exceptional all season but I can't think of anything of note he did bar get into a potential 1v1 situation and bottle it by not driving forward. Was quite disappointed really.

Thought Ramsey was phenomenal, anyone who has covered 10km in 70 odd minutes is going to be shattered so I'd personally let his miss go as unlucky and perhaps a bit of fatigue (proabbly being too kind but he was our best player on the day by a mile). Ox was a tease, superb defensively but missed an easy enough chance.
Also, as it hasn't been mentioned, I thought Coquelin had a pretty poor game; caught out of position, lucky not to get booked in the first half and generally struggled.

Oh and completely agree wrt our fans. Disgusting to leave early, absolutely outrageous. Like I'm genuinely still fuming just thinking about it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
Great chat shawn. Keep it up. Been really enjoying your posts of late :smile:

Thought Ozil was pretty anonymous tbf. Obviously not going to have a go about it because he has been exceptional all season but I can't think of anything of note he did bar get into a potential 1v1 situation and bottle it by not driving forward. Was quite disappointed really.

Thought Ramsey was phenomenal, anyone who has covered 10km in 70 odd minutes is going to be shattered so I'd personally let his miss go as unlucky and perhaps a bit of fatigue (proabbly being too kind but he was our best player on the day by a mile). Ox was a tease, superb defensively but missed an easy enough chance.
Also, as it hasn't been mentioned, I thought Coquelin had a pretty poor game; caught out of position, lucky not to get booked in the first half and generally struggled.

People think Ozil didn't have a great game cos he wasn't running at the keeper and taking shots etc. Ozil was excellent because he was carrying the ball into the final third well and stayed very composed. He barely misplaced his passes and created two good goal-scoring opportunities in the first half hour. He evaded pressure well and took players out of the game at times. He did his job well in the team. He was 'anonymous' at times because the ball wasn't getting to him but when it did he kept it well and didn't give it away like many others did tonight.

Ramsey's chance was at the beginning of the game so I'm not gonna put that down to fatigue. He ran all over the place but payed for it in the final 20 minutes and had a really really bad finish to the game. Agree with Coquelin and would like to add Bellerin into that too. I know he's only a kid but he was very disappointing tonight. Agree with Ox defensively but in a situation when we needed a hero to score that all important goal he really defined the definition of a bottle job.

Screw our match going fans man, I had pure hate for the majority of them tonight.
(edited 8 years ago)
The first goal deflated us, reckon they would have scored anyway even if Flamo didnt gift it them. Don't see why people we berating Giroud so much, he did what he was played to do tbh and that was to hold the ball up and put his body about. Although two very poor moments when he didnt even contest the header than eventually lead to the break for the first goal and that outrageous flick back he tried when Sanchez was in space.

Sanchez off for Welbeck would have been been a game changer imo as he was getting way to predictable with his play and Welbecks donkey touch is about as confusing as it comes for defenders. Walcott was unbelievably anon, he's regressing on Ox levels atm.
Thought Ozil didn't play that badly, he's not going to have as much impact on a game like he normally does as we see so little of the ball but whenever he got it he was tidy and created openings. Ramsey was phenomenal tonight. Absolutely everywhere. If you think he played badly you should find another sport to follow.

Ox's defensive work was top but going forward utter sh*t. Missed our best chance in the game and took a donkey touch when we had a 3 on 3 to let Mascherano make the tackle. So frustrating.

Our fans are sh*t, they leave early every game. Not surprised about that. I reckon if the pre match display read "PAY YOUR F*CKING TAXES" it might have put the Barca players off a bit more. They are a bunch of cheating little pussys, crying everytime they get touched.

No show from @angelfox outside the George, what a surprise.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4379
****ing told you oxelade chamberlain is ****ing **** the useless ****er

Thought we played well for the first 70 minutes tbh and the goal did deflate us but by then there was no recovery. Thought Monreal had a great game at first too. Welbeck really should have started for more chaos factor n all that.

Anyways hope the players take positives from the game and we can thrash the pub side on sunday.

Latest