The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pupillageman20
Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking - when did you receive this offer (right now?), and is it a Master's or an MPhil?

Congratulations! When did this happen and what subject is this for?

Sorry for the questions, I have been waiting on my application since November and seeing offers start to roll out makes me anxious!

Hi! The status changed when I checked at 3 this afternoon, it is for an MPhil in Development Studies. Cheers and good luck to you! :smile:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by TFG2794
Yeah, you can start celebrating :tongue:
FYI, in my case, it took 2 days before I received the offer.

Thanks for the reply! Now patiently waiting.... :smile:
Original post by nittygritty
Hi! The status changed when I checked at 3 this afternoon, it is for an MPhil in Development Studies. Cheers and good luck to you! :smile:

Thank you! Well done, you must be excited. I've applied for a Master's, nothing back yet!
I have been trying to upload a photograph on the self-service page as part of the conditions, but my effort has been in vain. I have called the admissions office and they could not help me. What is the secret?
Reply 1984
Original post by Alexander I
I have been trying to upload a photograph on the self-service page as part of the conditions, but my effort has been in vain. I have called the admissions office and they could not help me. What is the secret?

Have you tried to covert to different files .jpg/.png and decreasing the size of your photograph? There is nothing to be worried about though - the photograph is not displayed in your files when the application is reviewed (apart from the interview files as far I am concerned) and it is only used for your university card, which is issued by the college. So if your application is successful you will be most likely emailed by your college's tutorial office, and then you will just send the photograph directly to them.
Original post by Pe94
Have you tried to covert to different files .jpg/.png and decreasing the size of your photograph? There is nothing to be worried about though - the photograph is not displayed in your files when the application is reviewed (apart from the interview files as far I am concerned) and it is only used for your university card, which is issued by the college. So if your application is successful you will be most likely emailed by your college's tutorial office, and then you will just send the photograph directly to them.

I am aware that the photograph is not pivotal, but I want a specific photograph on my student card, hence my determination to have it uploaded. I have converted it to a JPEG format (.jpg) and made sure that the pixels are precise (280 x 336), but it still does not work. I do not understand.
Reply 1986
I am aware that the photograph is not pivotal, but I want a specific photograph on my student card, hence my determination to have it uploaded. I have converted it to a JPEG format (.jpg) and made sure that the pixels are precise (280 x 336), but it still does not work. I do not understand.

If you have not uploaded any other photograph yet, then you are certainly going to have the one you send to the college in the end :smile:
Original post by flypusher
Only that I was among people nominated for Gates by the department......

Well, that's about all I know too! Fingers crossed!!
Reply 1988
Original post by john_z123
I received my offer in Beginning of February.

I emailed them about the scholarships and they answered me that it takes few months before you hear anything.

For the Cambridge Trust, my understanding is that the department rank the applications in February and send nominations in March. So I hope to hear end of March, early April.

There is still a lot of time and it kind of sucks though because I really want to know if I will be able to go to Cambridge or not next year (which depends on funding). If I do not get any scholarship, I want to be able to do good decisions regarding my other acceptances in other schools.

I think it depends on department. I submitted my application Dec. 1, got conditional offer Dec 20ish (before Xmas). Got CISS Feb 19. But I'm in Department of Surgery (research, not clinical) for PhD.

Maybe try using a different web browser.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1990
has anyone in POLIS heard back about funding? i was accepted two weeks ago for a PhD.
My application status has changed to "Application with Degree Committee". Does anyone know what this means? :eek:

Give them a call and explain the situation. It may be accounts specific.
Original post by lavaandmosquitos
My application status has changed to "Application with Degree Committee". Does anyone know what this means? :eek:

What course is this for? Mine changed to that too.... MPhil Management.

EDIT: This is SOOO nerve-wrecking.... MPhil Development Studies in BoGS and MPhil Management in "Application with Degree Committee"! I just wanna know already :P
(edited 8 years ago)
What course is this for? Mine changed to that too.... MPhil Management.

PhD Physics. I hope this is good news! I went for my interview last week, so I'm glad to see something change at least! Have you had an interview?
PhD Physics. I hope this is good news! I went for my interview last week, so I'm glad to see something change at least! Have you had an interview?

Yes I hope so too! My course doesn't require an interview - but I've just checked previous years' thread and it seems to follow up with a status change to BoGS (at least for my course): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2217656&page=4

Hope all goes well...! :biggrin: Will let you know if there's a change later!
Yes I hope so too! My course doesn't require an interview - but I've just checked previous years' thread and it seems to follow up with a status change to BoGS (at least for my course): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2217656&page=4

Hope all goes well...! :biggrin: Will let you know if there's a change later!

Please do! I am going to be frantically refreshing the page and my emails for however long it takes it to update again! :biggrin:
Hey, I got the same status change as nittygritty this morning (Mphil Management). Appears to be the case the department rolls out the decisions in batches. Will post here too when there's any updates. Do let me know too! Appreciate it.

Please do! I am going to be frantically refreshing the page and my emails for however long it takes it to update again! :biggrin:
Original post by gtx85
has anyone in POLIS heard back about funding? i was accepted two weeks ago for a PhD.

POLIS PhD applicant here! When were you accepted? My offer came through around Feb. 5th. Though still no news on funding. Did you apply for CISS/Gates?
Reply 1999
Original post by bobbypin
POLIS PhD applicant here! When were you accepted? My offer came through around Feb. 5th. Though still no news on funding. Did you apply for CISS/Gates?

woohooo! yeah, offer came in first week of Feb! Anxiously waiting on CISS! Pretty nervous because some decisions have already come out and I'm not sure if they all have?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending