The Student Room Group

Lowest offer. But it's my first choice uni. What to do?

I've got my heart set on a uni & I don't want to go anywhere else. But the thing is it's my lowest offer.

What do you suggest I do?

😫
Reply 1
Do some more research into the unis. If this is the only one you can see yourself at then firm it. Remember that if you firm a university and meet the grades you can't refuse and go to your insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BewareTomato
I've got my heart set on a uni & I don't want to go anywhere else. But the thing is it's my lowest offer.

What do you suggest I do?

😫

Surely this is a good thing?

It is funny how many people seem to think higher offer = better university, but it doesn't (obviously there are exceptions), its called grade inflation. Where the universities know that people firm the higher offers they have, so put their offers up, but then on results day will take a lot lower grades. A lot of unis do this
Go for it.
Celebrate?
Original post by PsychoD
Do some more research into the unis. If this is the only one you can see yourself at then firm it. Remember that if you firm a university and meet the grades you can't refuse and go to your insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by madmadmax321
Surely this is a good thing?

It is funny how many people seem to think higher offer = better university, but it doesn't (obviously there are exceptions), its called grade inflation. Where the universities know that people firm the higher offers they have, so put their offers up, but then on results day will take a lot lower grades. A lot of unis do this

Original post by Duncan2012
Go for it.

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Celebrate?

For my second choice that means that'll b a higher offer. Which makes no sense to me.

(And I visited all the unis & this is only one tht feels right. It sounds stupid but for me it's right. I don't care about 'better' unis. So long as I'm happy with the facilities & location I will achieve my potential.)

Do I need to put down a second choice? Wot happens if I just picked my favourite uni?
For my second choice that means that'll b a higher offer. Which makes no sense to me.

Do I need to put down a second choice? Wot happens if I just picked my favourite uni?

Who cares if it makes sense? By having your lowest offer as your firm you don't really need the insurance choice, but you might as well put one even if its unlikely to help.

If this is definitely the uni for you then be glad that you've got low offers, put the work in and then get excited about September.
Don't let that put you off :smile: If you really want to go the uni then firm it!
Reply 8

(And I visited all the unis & this is only one tht feels right. It sounds stupid but for me it's right. I don't care about 'better' unis. So long as I'm happy with the facilities & location I will achieve my potential.)

You don't need a second choice :cute: if there's no benefit of having an insurance, don't put one down.
Reply 9
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Celebrate?

This is the most accurate and most wise piece of advice given on the internet ever.*

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending