The Student Room Group

Greatest Lawyers of All Time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
If I had said that, it would be quite a ludicrous claim. Fortunately for my sake, I did not saying anything like that.

And "All that verbose delirium is just an attempt to show that you're intelligent." Verbose delirium? Who's the one trying to sound clever again? HAHAHAHHAHAH. This is what I love about TSR. No matter the topic, insecure pseudo-intellectuals will show themselves.

I'm gonna leave this here. There is a strong chance you don't even know what you're writing.
Oh, of course he has. People were not sufficiently persuaded by the promise of a well-paying vocation and impacting the lives of all who live in society, so they turned to Cicero as extra motivation. Pretentious nonsense."Cicero inspired me" is said to get people through university interviews and nothing more.

I also like how you ignored your pathetic failure with the question. Literally shows who the pseudo-intellectual is. Arrivederci...
Original post by *Stefan*
I also like how you ignored your pathetic failure with the question. Literally shows who the pseudo-intellectual is. Arrivederci...

Literally does, doesn't it? I mean like literally it actually like totally absolutely does do that. Finished talking like a Valley girl yet, bud?

Hahah, "Questiongate" made absolutely no sense. All it did was show you have the memory of a goldfish and the reading skills of Helen Keller on crack. I cannot imagine what point you think you proved with it.
[video="youtube;xwdba9C2G14"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14[/video]
Reply 23
Literally does, doesn't it? I mean like literally it actually like totally absolutely does do that. Finished talking like a Valley girl yet, bud?

Hahah, "Questiongate" made absolutely no sense. All it did was show you have the memory of a goldfish and the reading skills of Helen Keller on crack. I cannot imagine what point you think you proved with it.

And here come the ad-hominems! Strong... knee jerk reactions. In time to prove my point :wink:

Your quotes are above, just read them. Anything else I say seems to not get through to you, apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your quotes are above, just read them. Anything else I say seems to not get through to you, apparently.

Indeed, they are above.

ME
It is not [relevant to the argument that Cicero is one of the greatest lawyers], for that is not the point which was raised or the point I responded to. Pay more attention to the thread and the words within it and perhaps then these embarrassing misunderstandings shall not occur

To which you replied.

YOU
You asked that question directly to me, after I questioned your stance to the previous poster's assertion that Cicero was the greatest lawyer of all time.

You asstered here that I asked a question which confirmed I was indeed talking about Cicero's greatest lawyerness, and then I said I asked no such question. Your post I quoted didn't even correspond to anything I said, and especially was not pertinent to reality.

Understandable that you're embarrassed and know that your lack of awareness stems from an intellectual deficit, so you try to project that intellectual deficit onto others, but that simply won't do here. I don't know if Cicero will be added to the list, but I know for sure you won't ****ing be.

Thick ****.
Don't believe noone's mentioned Harvey Specter?
Reply 26
Saul Goodman

:danceboy:
Reply 27
Indeed, they are above.

To which you replied.

You asstered here that I asked a question which confirmed I was indeed talking about Cicero's greatest lawyerness, and then I said I asked no such question. Your post I quoted didn't even correspond to anything I said, and especially was not pertinent to reality.

Understandable that you're embarrassed and know that your lack of awareness stems from an intellectual deficit, so you try to project that intellectual deficit onto others, but that simply won't do here. I don't know if Cicero will be added to the list, but I know for sure you won't ****ing be.

Thick ****.

Hahaha, I get it now. You're just naturally not bright.

I was referring, for the third time now, to this question:

Ahh, the youthful exuberance of a fresher must be admired. Still clinging to the interview mantras, I see? Tell me, please some more, about how much you admire Lord Bingham's*The Rule of Law. Really, I wanna hear it.

It was where your delirium began. I answered that question and then asked its relevance to the topic. You then went on to reply with complete nonsense (as expected).

And surprise surprise, more ad-hominems :wink: Do they make you feel superior? Do they make you feel like you've won the argument? What a pathetic excuse of a university student.
Original post by Withengar

OBJECTION!

In all honesty, Phoenix wright probably is one of the best populariser
similar to Atticus Finch. I can't imagine how many people have played the games and have learnt at least some sort of skills based on analysis or at least have gained more interest in justice, truth and law.
Reply 29
Does Atticus Finch count? :smile:
Do they make you feel superior? Do they make you feel like you've won the argument? What a pathetic excuse of a university student.

Yes. Yes, it does.

Spoiler

robert kardashian
Reply 32
Yes. Yes, it does.

Spoiler

Go visit a psychiatrist then instead of going mad on a student forum :smile:

Jeez.... You are so off topic all the time. Do you even read what I or even you write?

I asked the relevance of the reference to Lord Bingham.

Lol... Do you even know what an ad-hominem is? :facepalm:
Nevertheless, It was simply the truth...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mike Ross #FreeMikeRoss
"Tony Blair"

:lol:
Go visit a psychiatrist then instead of going mad on a student forum :smile:

Jeez.... You are so off topic all the time. Do you even read what I or even you write?

I asked the relevance of the reference to Lord Bingham.

Lol... Do you even know what an ad-hominem is? :facepalm:
Nevertheless, It was simply the truth...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why can't we just be friends?
No love for Clarence Darrow?
Reply 37
Why can't we just be friends?

Do you always call/say to your friends

Are you afflicted by the mania, my child? You seem to be off your head.

insecure pseudo-intellectual

you have the memory of a goldfish and the reading skills of Helen Keller on crack.

Thick ****.

?

And all of the because you forgot that you asked me about Bingham's Rule of Law book...

You make what you will of it.

[And we have completely derailed the thread, so I'm ending this here]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by curi0us0range
A bit of fun and inspiration for all you wannabe lawyers out there...

Here is my list of former law students or practicing lawyers who I think have left an indelible mark on history because of their achievements outside of the law, usually because of their progressive views and/or commitment to liberty, rationality, equality, human dignity, the rule of law and justice:

Francis Bacon
Maximilien de Robespierre
Thomas Jefferson
Abe Lincoln
Belva Ann Lockwood
Mahatma Gandhi
Nelson Mandela
Paul Robeson
Helena Kennedy QC
Tony Blair
Barack Obama

What do y'all think?

ted bundy
Do you always call/say to your friends?

And all of the because you forgot that you asked me about Bingham's Rule of Law book...

You make what you will of it.

[And we have completely derailed the thread, so I'm ending this here]

Forget it? By God, I remember it with great vigour. The admiration I forged for that witticism carried me through the rest of the day. I could not forget it if I wanted to. That said, a question was asked but it was not asked in the context of Cicero's being the greatest lawyer, and so I did not ask any question like that. My response was entirely accurate and correct, and not premised on forgetfulness. Please refer yourself to Post 25 again; I've done the hard work for you.

And I only say it to friends who have been particularly clumsy. Generally, I do not associate with such people for I find them tiresome, but in your case I can make an exception.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending