The Student Room Group

Longest relationship you've been in?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByronicHero
A) Over 4 years.
B) No
C) Over the course of the relationship we both become very different people compared to when it started. I had become a shell of my previous self, was drinking heavily and was no longer very fun to be around. She had become more beautiful and more wonderful with each passing day and eventually the history of our love provided insufficient purchase so everything fell down. Ultimately I'm glad she made the decision to end it as she deserved much better than what I was giving her. There is obviously much more to it than this, but nothing I'm motivated to share.

Was this Laus?

Indeed it was. I also wound up dating Cally the following year, albeit only for a month or so; similar chemistry to a point, but we weren't romantically compatible, although it made for an enjoyably quixotic interlude nevertheless. (She, too, lost her father to cancer at about the same age, engendering a kind of mutual empathy that—at the time—I personally found to be quite cathartic.)

Edit: Were you 'paddy_power' in a previous life?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Indeed it was. I also wound up dating Cally the following year, albeit only for a month or so; similar chemistry to a point, but we weren't romantically compatible, although it made for an enjoyably quixotic interlude nevertheless. (She, too, lost her father to cancer at about the same age, engendering a kind of mutual empathy that—at the time—I personally found to be quite cathartic.)

Edit: Were you 'paddy_power' in a previous life?

It is an emotionally variable exercise looking back on past relationships for me. Most are so distant at this point that I barely even remember how I felt but the ones I do remember, I often remember rather too well.

I was indeed, though it had two underscores (a common mistake people made). How did you guess?
a) Just over four years (from 15 till 19).

b) Nope!

c) We broke up because we just kind of grew apart. I didn't feel anything for her, anymore!
Depends on what you call a relationship i guess.

I would say 0 but i have less defined things for a few months to a year.
a) what is the longest relationship you've been in? - 4 years
b) are you still with that same person - nope broke up 3 weeks ago :biggrin:
c) if not why did you break up? - Just didn't get along , had nothing in common really and i think i was just finding other people more attractive , also bed time was so boring for me yawn.
6 years and 3 months engaged :biggrin:
5 minutes :s-smilie:
a) Around 8 months.

b} No.

c) Never did find out.
a) 1 week in year 5
b) noo
f
c) i had a haircut and she didnt like it
Reply 109
a) 7+ years.
b) getting married at the end of may
c) n/a
Original post by Proxenus
a) 1 week in year 5
b) noo
f
c) i had a haircut and she didnt like it

4real?
Original post by gertautas
4real?

haha yeah :/
Original post by Natalierm2707
Hey... My boyfriend of nearly 4 years has ADHD, and although it can be challenging sometimes I would never leave him because of that.

Granted it causes problems as he struggle to communicate sometimes and can be a little different around different people, but we have tried hard to make things work.

As for the children, we haven't got that far yet, but I would never let the possibility of ADHD get in the way, he manages it fine, and if he is comfortable i am willing to support my children whether than have ADHD, or anything for that matter.

Im sorry you had to go through that break up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that is such a heartwarming response! Your boyfriend is really lucky to have you. Yeah I know how ADHD can be challenging, I'm quite impulsive and hyper and my ex has realised the symptoms before I said I had ADHD. What hurt me the most was he said that other than my ADHD I'm an angel which hurts because unlike you, he doesn't want to put the effort in and expects me to be perfect. I think girls are more patient and understanding than guys when it comes to mental health issues. I'm glad your relationship is still going strong :smile: x
Reply 113
Original post by Binary Freak
a) Around 8 months.

b} No.

c) Never did find out.

me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me
Original post by Proxenus
haha yeah :/

leave it out....... thats so bad.... clearly wasn't for you damn mate im sorry
Original post by RosyPearl
Aww that is such a heartwarming response! Your boyfriend is really lucky to have you. Yeah I know how ADHD can be challenging, I'm quite impulsive and hyper and my ex has realised the symptoms before I said I had ADHD. What hurt me the most was he said that other than my ADHD I'm an angel which hurts because unlike you, he doesn't want to put the effort in and expects me to be perfect. I think girls are more patient and understanding than guys when it comes to mental health issues. I'm glad your relationship is still going strong :smile: x

im sorry about that, sadly it is true that often boys (especially at immature ages) are less understanding.

my boyfriend is very impulsive which can get frustrating, because sometimes you need to reign in the madness, but he has eliminated alcohol from his life to prevent being to impulsive on nights out, and he now asks for a second opinion on most decisions just so he knows he has thought about it twice. as for the hyperactivity, I dont have ADHD and im more hyper than him, probably why were such a good match, were both kids at heart, even though we can both be very mature.

trust me you will find somebody who is right for you, your mental health will just push away the people who arent right for you, and thats a good thing!
Original post by Natalierm2707
im sorry about that, sadly it is true that often boys (especially at immature ages) are less understanding.

my boyfriend is very impulsive which can get frustrating, because sometimes you need to reign in the madness, but he has eliminated alcohol from his life to prevent being to impulsive on nights out, and he now asks for a second opinion on most decisions just so he knows he has thought about it twice. as for the hyperactivity, I dont have ADHD and im more hyper than him, probably why were such a good match, were both kids at heart, even though we can both be very mature.

trust me you will find somebody who is right for you, your mental health will just push away the people who arent right for you, and thats a good thing!

This post put a smile on my face, thank you so much! You sound very wise and I wish you and your bf all the happiness :smile:
14 years 7 months 10 days
yes
N/A

Quick Reply

Latest