The Student Room Group

LSHTM Applicants 2016 entry

Hey all!

There aren't any threads on London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine so I figured I'd start one.

Has anyone applied or heard any news yet? I applied to the MSc Public Health for Development and MSc Public Health courses and am still waiting to hear a decision.
Reply 1
Original post by sahas1234
Hey all!

There aren't any threads on London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine so I figured I'd start one.

Has anyone applied or heard any news yet? I applied to the MSc Public Health for Development and MSc Public Health courses and am still waiting to hear a decision.

Hi there! I have also applied to the school for another course. When did you send in your application? I am also waiting for a response.
hey! i'm waiting for response as well, but i only just sent of my applications about two weeks ago. Did you guys get any responses yet?

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Yylo001
Hi there! I have also applied to the school for another course. When did you send in your application? I am also waiting for a response.

Hey! Sorry for my late reply. So I heard back in mid-April and had submitted my application in early December. Have you heard yet?! Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by christydaeopera
hey! i'm waiting for response as well, but i only just sent of my applications about two weeks ago. Did you guys get any responses yet?

:smile:

Hey there! I submitted back in Dec and heard back this past April. I was offered a place on the MSc Public Health course but deferred my enrollment for 2017. Give it some time, they'll get back to you. Best of luck :smile:
Hey there! I submitted back in Dec and heard back this past April. I was offered a place on the MSc Public Health course but deferred my enrollment for 2017. Give it some time, they'll get back to you. Best of luck :smile:

Congratulations!!! thats great news!!

December to April? that's quite a wait! lol! i guess i should just sit back and relax lol!!
Reply 6
Original post by christydaeopera
Congratulations!!! thats great news!!

December to April? that's quite a wait! lol! i guess i should just sit back and relax lol!!

haha, thanks! Are you looking to start this coming fall? If so I'm sure you'll hear back soon since there is not that much time between now and Sept!
haha, thanks! Are you looking to start this coming fall? If so I'm sure you'll hear back soon since there is not that much time between now and Sept!

Yes indeed I am! I hope so! Even though I am planning to stay calm, I want to know as soon as possible, so I am sitting at the edge of my seat lol!
Reply 8
Hi!
I applied to study Medical Microbiology in December and received an offer in February. I think the speed of offers depend on the department
Reply 9
Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply next year (Msc Public Health) and I was just wondering how competitive do you think it is to get in? I have a 2:1 in Biomedical Science and have 2 years (3 by next year) work experience in Pharmaceutical Sales as well as 4 years previous experience as a Healthcare Assistant.
Many thanks in advance.
Reply 10
Original post by mojo.002
Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply next year (Msc Public Health) and I was just wondering how competitive do you think it is to get in? I have a 2:1 in Biomedical Science and have 2 years (3 by next year) work experience in Pharmaceutical Sales as well as 4 years previous experience as a Healthcare Assistant.
Many thanks in advance.

It is a very competitive school, but I think you're certainly qualified. I have a 2:1 BA in International Relations, 8 years as a Pharmacy Technician and am finishing up on 2 years of public health work (NCD and Maternal/Child health projects) in a developing country and I was admitted into the MSc Public Heath course. Definitely apply! I deferred my enrollment to start in Sept 2017, so maybe we'll be classmates :smile:

Happy to answer any other questions as you approach the application process, so feel free to keep reaching out.

Cheers!
Reply 11
It is a very competitive school, but I think you're certainly qualified. I have a 2:1 BA in International Relations, 8 years as a Pharmacy Technician and am finishing up on 2 years of public health work (NCD and Maternal/Child health projects) in a developing country and I was admitted into the MSc Public Heath course. Definitely apply! I deferred my enrollment to start in Sept 2017, so maybe we'll be classmates :smile:

Happy to answer any other questions as you approach the application process, so feel free to keep reaching out.

Cheers!

Hi Sahas,
Firstly let me congratulate to getting admitted to the course.
Thank you for the reply, it gave me the encouragement to actually go ahead and apply. I will start the application today and I am sure I will have questions arising as I go along. Your help is much appreciated and I will keep you updated.
P.S.: It would be cool if we became classmates :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by mojo.002
Hi Sahas,
Firstly let me congratulate to getting admitted to the course.
Thank you for the reply, it gave me the encouragement to actually go ahead and apply. I will start the application today and I am sure I will have questions arising as I go along. Your help is much appreciated and I will keep you updated.
P.S.: It would be cool if we became classmates :smile:

Thank you! Great to hear that you are planning to apply, keep me updated for sure.

Best of luck!
Hi, any other intercalating medics applying? I'm at GKT and am awaiting a decision for Public Health
Hello Everyone sorry to hijack the original post but it's the only post regarding an Msc in Public health. I finally took the bold step of processing my application to apply for an Msc in public health at the LSHTM for 2016 entry!any tips with regards to putting my application together will be very much appreciated.
Reply 15
Hi guys
Does anyone know what the word limit for the PS is for MPH at LSHTM?
also, how long do the referees have to do the reference after they have been contacted by the university?
Reply 16
Thanks to the thread starter for initiating this topic, useful when for my future Masters' application in LSHTM =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending