The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cosmicsparrow
YAyyyyy! Honestly you've really cheered me up so thank you!!

No problem!! Woo I'm glad!
Original post by galatasaray1905
I'm taking the IB and I was predicted 38 points with HLs being 7,6,6 have you applied to LSE as well? :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what HL's did you choose for IB? I'm quite interested in doing Law in uni, but I have no idea if my subject combinations are ideal for LSE.

I'm doing
HL
History
English Language and Literature
Business and Management

SL
Math studies
Biology
French Ab Initio
AABE at AS
AAA predictions
27/42

wow that's very harsh of them considering you did exceptionally well on the LNAT. I'm now expecting a rejection from them also. I wouldn't be too upset, you're still a very strong candidate and your other uni's are great options! I personally regret not applying to Leeds, loved it when I visited :frown:
image.jpeg
My rejection email!!! They're quite nice tbh 😅
Original post by fabruttledge
wow that's very harsh of them considering you did exceptionally well on the LNAT. I'm now expecting a rejection from them also. I wouldn't be too upset, you're still a very strong candidate and your other uni's are great options! I personally regret not applying to Leeds, loved it when I visited :frown:

I know I know!! Sad times!! But can't sit around being sad when I've got Leeds to work towards and get 3A's for!! You'll be fine!! And yeah loved Leeds!
Original post by crocface
Im sorry for you. I know we have both been waiting on Bristol for a long time. I certainly cannot be far behind you. Every time I hear of a rejection I'm checking track but nothing so far.

Do they send you an email direct or appears first in track?

I just wish they would hurry up either way so I can start planning my life.

Yeah hope they reply quickly to you!! And I got an email from Bristol at 9:04am saying I'd been rejected. It hasn't appeared in track yet!
Reply 2886
Offers from Exeter, Cardiff, Bristol and LSE- can't decide between LSE and Bristol! Any advice?
Reply 2887
Original post by srai243
Anyone else still waiting on ucl? So worried :s-smilie:

Yeah, I'm still waiting, too :/ They asked me for my LNAT score in January and I haven't heard from them since
Original post by Ihlta
Offers from Exeter, Cardiff, Bristol and LSE- can't decide between LSE and Bristol! Any advice?

Hmm, why would you hesitate between LSE and Bristol?
Reply 2889
Original post by Al9121010
Hmm, why would you hesitate between LSE and Bristol?

Not quite sure what you mean by that haha but LSE for prestige, connections etc but not sure about being in London, apparently huge workloads and masses of independent study vs Bristol as a more manageable sized town, cheaper and more achievable entry requirements!
Original post by Ihlta
Not quite sure what you mean by that haha but LSE for prestige, connections etc but not sure about being in London, apparently huge workloads and masses of independent study vs Bristol as a more manageable sized town, cheaper and more achievable entry requirements!

Hahaha, I mean most people would choose LSE without hesitation so I was just wondering why did you hesitate between LSE and Bristol ~
image.jpeg
My rejection email!!! They're quite nice tbh 😅

You going to say yes to the other course....?
Original post by returnmigrant
You going to say yes to the other course....?

Nah pointless course which zero job prospects. My hearts in law and to give that up to go to some uni I wanted to go to isn't worth it
Nah pointless course which zero job prospects. My hearts in law and to give that up to go to some uni I wanted to go to isn't worth it

I hear very good reports about Exeter. If you work really hard you could achieve higher than predicted and apply for other unis through .adjustment.
Original post by LucyABr
Very well done, congrats👏👏☺️ if you don't mind me asking, what did you get in your lnat and what are your predicted grades?

LNAT - 27
Predicted grades - A*AA

Feel free to PM me any further questions :smile:
Reply 2895
My heard dropped when I got an email from LSE, but turns out they want further information...I think they're trying to get my hopes up when they'll end up rejecting me :frown:
Original post by NR_898
My heard dropped when I got an email from LSE, but turns out they want further information...I think they're trying to get my hopes up when they'll end up rejecting me :frown:

Nope... last year they sent me an email requesting further info. When my school got back, they sent me an offer within two weeks.

Obviously not a hard rule but you get the point.
Reply 2897
Original post by *Stefan*
Nope... last year they sent me an email requesting further info. When my school got back, they sent me an offer within two weeks.

Obviously not a hard rule but you get the point.

That's great! Well, I can only hope for the best...Did your school directly send the info they requested or did you do so yourself?
Original post by NR_898
That's great! Well, I can only hope for the best...Did your school directly send the info they requested or did you do so yourself?

Directly (it was info for which they required an official school domain).

But it does depend on what they asked you specifically...
Reply 2899
Original post by *Stefan*
Directly (it was info for which they required an official school domain).

But it does depend on what they asked you specifically...

They just said they wanted a scanned transcript or information about my grades so far (I'm attending a Canadian high school)

Latest

Trending

Trending