The Student Room Group

Mphil Management Cambridge 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambridgewh
Congratulations. :smile: This is really exciting, I am on the status of "Application with Degree Committee" and I hope to join you at BoGS soon. Have you gotten any official offers?

Not yet mate.

Most likely i will be accepted in LSE. I applied for Msc finance and private equity and the head of admissions contacted me after 2 days and told me they want to consider me for the MSc Finance.

I've applied to UCL and Imperial a couple of days ago but no response. I don't care though, since Cambridge offered me a place.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BruceWaynee
Not yet mate.

Most likely i will be accepted in LSE. I applied for Msc finance and private equity and the head of admissions contacted me after 2 days and told me they want to consider me for the MSc Finance.

I also applied to Oxford for an Mphil in Eco, which is my priority, but it is a long shot for a variety of reasons.

I've applied to UCL and Imperial a couple of days ago but no response. I don't care though, since Cambridge offered me a place.

Thanks for the reply. I have got an offer in Economics and Management at LSE already, it seems to be a really good course that will put me in good stead within the industry.

Of the two (LSE's MSc Finance and Cambridge's MPhil Management), which would you prefer? Just curious. :smile: Good luck for Oxford too!
Thanks for the reply. I have got an offer in Economics and Management at LSE already, it seems to be a really good course that will put me in good stead within the industry.

Of the two (LSE's MSc Finance and Cambridge's MPhil Management), which would you prefer? Just curious. :smile: Good luck for Oxford too!

Thank you very much mate.

It is a tough call. To be perfectly honest with you, i am seriously considering of deferring the LSE application for the next year, and attempt to gain funding in order to undertake both master's, but i place a slight priority on Cambridge. The reason might be a sibling rivalry, since my sister went to Cambridge and it gets me mad that i did not haha.

Oxford is extremely difficult to get into. I have seen previous offer holders in linkedin, and their credentials are ridiculous.
Original post by BruceWaynee
Thank you very much mate.

It is a tough call. To be perfectly honest with you, i am seriously considering of deferring the LSE application for the next year, and attempt to gain funding in order to undertake both master's, but i place a slight priority on Cambridge. The reason might be a sibling rivalry, since my sister went to Cambridge and it gets me mad that i did not haha.

Oxford is extremely difficult to get into. I have seen previous offer holders in linkedin, and their credentials are ridiculous.

That is a good call, if you can afford to work out the sums for it.

Also, aha interesting reason! It's your turn finally :smile: But that is really quite a dilemma. I wouldn't know what to do if I were you, but the collegiate experience and strong networks at Cambridge really attract me. So, for myself if I'm fortunate enough to have such a conundrum I'd pick Management over the Economics and Management programme at LSE.

Hopefully, though, the status will change to BoGS soon and I can join you. ;( Congrats on your offers again :smile:
BoGS. I think the department is beginning to roll out waves of decisions. Good luck everyone, hope to see you at CJBS! :smile:
I guess congratulations are in order then! :smile:
Were you notified when the status changed?
Original post by miremind
Were you notified when the status changed?

Unfortunately not. But it changed this morning at 9 from the last time I checked midnight yesterday. Changed to "Under consideration by Degree Committee" yesterday morning.

Sincerest best of luck to you, miremind! :smile:

I also got the offer of LSE MSc Economics and management, and I applied for Cambridge Management at the end of January and still waiting for the result. May I ask when did you apply?
My status changed from awaiting decision by BoGS to awaiting approval by BoGs....

Mine is still the same at department :/
Anyone who applied in late november has moved on to other stage of the application process?
Hello everyone. I applied in mid Jan, but the status is till at department. Finger crossed.
I see many of you already received an offer. Congratulations! :smile:
Conditional offer made - good luck to everyone! :smile:
This thread is utterly quiet... Might be the next wave of batch doesn't come yet
Original post by miremind
This thread is utterly quiet... Might be the next wave of batch doesn't come yet

Yea i would think so.. when did you apply for it?
End of oct, with all refs in mid-Nov.
2 weeks on Bogs now ..... :eek3:
Original post by hockeyswim
2 weeks on Bogs now ..... :eek3:

Wow! I would have assumed that you received your offer before me (My status changed to BoGS 1 day after yours)... Where did you do your undergrad at? Mine changed to Conditional Offer Made 3 days after BoGS, although weirdly my status reverted back to "Application with Degree Committee" just two days ago but I received my offer and conditions :smile:
Wow! I would have assumed that you received your offer before me (My status changed to BoGS 1 day after yours)... Where did you do your undergrad at? Mine changed to Conditional Offer Made 3 days after BoGS, although weirdly my status reverted back to "Application with Degree Committee" just two days ago but I received my offer and conditions :smile:

I did my undergrad in Australia. The wait is killing me... anyone else in this situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending