The Student Room Group

HMRC Hidden Economy Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by daltoja
I'm Leeds! So pretty far away from you all. In our interview they mentioned residential stays while training. I think they said Birmingham, so potentially there's a central training place where people go? I'm not too sure. Would be nice to meet everyone doing the same job!

They mentioned that it may be a requirement to go to england for 2 days of training, however, if they had sufficient numbers appointed in the belfast office that the training would be conducted at our office.

But two days away would be great!
I'm so very excited to start this job. It's sounds ideal to me.. I am a bit worried that I didn't ask enough questions at the interview now.. No one mentioned external training to me and I'm thinking it sounds like a suit job but I'm not sure :smile:
Original post by keiramcr
I'm thinking it sounds like a suit job but I'm not sure :smile:

I don't think it is. When I interviewed, all the workers were in casual clothes (jeans etc) and they said they wear casual things so they look more normal/less suspicious when they go out on visits.
Original post by travel_bug
I don't think it is. When I interviewed, all the workers were in casual clothes (jeans etc) and they said they wear casual things so they look more normal/less suspicious when they go out on visits.

Thank you. That's a relief and probably makes sense.
Original post by bwatters1
X

Hey, can I ask what the job was advertised as on the Civil Service's website? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Hydeman
Hey, can I ask what the job was advertised as on the Civil Service's website? :smile:

Advertised as a EO position for Hidden Economy team as a tax professional/investigator as far as I can recall.

My daily routine has become checking my email, this thread and the CS portal :L

Anxious to get a start date!
Reply 46
Advertised as a EO position for Hidden Economy team as a tax professional/investigator as far as I can recall.

My daily routine has become checking my email, this thread and the CS portal :L

Anxious to get a start date!

Same! Though its hourly checks... :smile:

Does anyone know how the pay scales work? Will we automatically be appointed at the lower end of the pay range (£23,367 for outside London)? In university jobs I've applied for it always has that supporting statement within the job advert- but I've not found anything in the HMRC adverts...
Original post by RhianC3
Same! Though its hourly checks... :smile:

Does anyone know how the pay scales work? Will we automatically be appointed at the lower end of the pay range (£23,367 for outside London)? In university jobs I've applied for it always has that supporting statement within the job advert- but I've not found anything in the HMRC adverts...

Yes you will be bottom of the pay scale for the grade.
Reply 48
Original post by big_brother
Hi all, joined after seeing this topic. Anyone know how long pre-employment will take, can't wait to hand in my notice!

A few weeks I think! But hopefully not too long as they seem fairly prompt in this campaign! I'm dying to hand my notice in too! What office are you going to?
Reply 49
Just an update, I'm impatient as always and phoned through to DBS just to see if they had been sent our applications yet; they have not :L But I read the dbs guidance and they wait a bit until they send them off while they perform thier own checks.
Reply 50
Original post by big_brother
We must be the same person, i rang them for the reference number earlier and got told the same thing lol. Oh well, its a waiting game i guess. Just keen to start, there is a reshuffle at work in 5 weeks, I want to be gone by then. I'm at Notts.

Haha! I thing you'll at least have your notice handed in by then! I've 2 weeks of leave to use up so I'm keen to hand in my notice and have a little break before heading to the new post!

Also, was chatting to a mate and he mentioned something about salary sacrifice car scheme in the civil service? (especially as there is driving involved in this role) Anyone know anything about this?
Reply 51
Good luck to everyone who's starting! Hopefully those waiting hear back soon.

Cardiff's Hidden Economy is on the same floor as my team in Central Compliance so I might see you guys around.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
You're almost as bad as me! I think we'll have our checks completed by the end of next week judging by what the other threads here have said!
Reply 53
Hey All, another 'Next Stage' option is available and it's just about details of candidate and a declaration of convictions? Did i just miss this when i got the offer or has anyone else filled this in?
Hey All, another 'Next Stage' option is available and it's just about details of candidate and a declaration of convictions? Did i just miss this when i got the offer or has anyone else filled this in?

Hi

I think it's for the dbs. Does it tell you on view communications anything about dbs and the date it was sent to you ?
Reply 55
Hi

I think it's for the dbs. Does it tell you on view communications anything about dbs and the date it was sent to you ?

No nothing about dbs, it says on the header that they're conducting checks and will be in contact shortly, however, there is a next stage tab about personal details, address details and convictions?
No nothing about dbs, it says on the header that they're conducting checks and will be in contact shortly, however, there is a next stage tab about personal details, address details and convictions?

It's probably just come up as mine have just changed to passed as I've had my dbs a couple of weeks ago. You'll probably get an email shortly.
Reply 57
It's probably just come up as mine have just changed to passed as I've had my dbs a couple of weeks ago. You'll probably get an email shortly.

Should I hold off filling it in until i recieve an email?
Should I hold off filling it in until i recieve an email?

No I would just fill it in now. Might make you top of the pile 😀
Reply 59

Hi Keira,

Was that for a different role? I had my dbs for the AO job through in January, but decided not to go ahead with it because I was hoping on this one. Will they be able to use the same one? Did you get an email to say your checks had all passed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending