The Student Room Group

One of my childhood best mates is dating a prostitute.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That Bearded Man
I admire him, too often people just look at a prostitute as some kind of subhuman being and incapable of actually having a normal life. It's a job, as long as she enjoys sex with her boyfriend (in a lover way, not a job way) I see no reason why it should matter, nor do I get why such a lack of sympathy for prostitutes exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just 'a job' eh?

No matter how much you dress it up or romanticize it, the prostitution of women is not like any other form of work. It carries an inherent risk of violence, and even death, towards women. It involves penetration and other acts whereby the safety and respect for the woman's body and well-being is constantly negotiated and at risk of being exploited.
Original post by Anonymous
Just 'a job' eh?

No matter how much you dress it up or romanticize it, the prostitution of women is not like any other form of work. It carries an inherent risk of violence, and even death, towards women. It involves penetration and other acts whereby the safety and respect for the woman's body and well-being is constantly negotiated and at risk of being exploited.

Genuinely am curious what my mate would say if me and the guys ask her for mates' rates. Is it worth breaking up a friendship for a cheap laugh :lol: ?
Just 'a job' eh?

If the woman is consenting, not being manipulated into doing it then it's fine, it's her choice. You have no right to be concerned for "respect for the woman's body," I would argue that the independence of prostitution would be liberating.
Original post by James.Carnell
Genuinely am curious what my mate would say if me and the guys ask her for mates' rates. Is it worth breaking up a friendship for a cheap laugh :lol: ?

Well today I learned it is just everyday job apparently, so why not :tongue:

But yes I mean I wouldn't let the whole episode ruin your friendship. But I feel it would be wise not to get involved in his home or family life. He has to learn these things for himself, even if that takes his daughter becoming prostitutes or something crazy.
Does he get staff discount?
Well today I learned it is just everyday job apparently, so why not :tongue:

But yes I mean I wouldn't let the whole episode ruin your friendship. But I feel it would be wise not to get involved in his home or family life. He has to learn these things for himself, even if that takes his daughter becoming prostitutes or something crazy.

He's a friend but he's being phased out, we don't associate with prostitutes. People are right here, we're not his real friends, he should find people who accept that type of lifestyle.
Original post by That Bearded Man
If the woman is consenting, not being manipulated into doing it then it's fine, it's her choice. You have no right to be concerned for "respect for the woman's body," I would argue that the independence of prostitution would be liberating.

Sorry, but I disagree. There's nothing liberating about receiving money for letting someone penetrate your body. To say such a career does not come with high risk of violation and violence is quite distasteful. But you are right, it is her choice.
Original post by Blind Ferret
Does he get staff discount?

Maybe the boyfriend is her pimp. I actually wouldn't be surprised, either way he is profiting from her deeds.
Reply 68
:colonhash: really? Just because you are clearly a sucker for big breasts doesn't mean other men would actually want to commit to something that has been passed around for coins.

I don't have a thing about big breasts, I had a thing about this particular woman's chest.
(Most of the time women's big breasts are a huge disappointment once they take off their bras)

I still do believe that many of the single men on this site would have been happy to be her boyfriend and I'm basing that on her aforementioned intelligence and character as well as her spectacular chest.

Anyway you can be someone's boyfriend without ever wanting to marry that person of course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
I fail to see how it is any of your business or your concern. Not everyone has the same values and opinions as you, deal with it.

rude.

you're just being controversial and "open minded.", then being close-minded to his point of view (haha). If the OP had said "My best friend is moving to a different part of the country for a new job/to be with his parents" or whatever, you'd probably have said "oh that's a shame " and suggested ways they could keep in touch.

I think he's upset because he feels like his friend is moving off, and is also slightly worried that he's moving off with a prostitute. He might not be used to prostitutes and find it a bit weird. Might be worried about STIs, possible drug abuse etc.

If you open your mind up too much your brain falls out. I think we can agree that having this prostitute for a girlfriend carries far greater risks on average than having someone in a normal job for a girlfriend.
Original post by sadman1324
rude.

you're just being controversial and "open minded.", then being close-minded to his point of view (haha). If the OP had said "My best friend is moving to a different part of the country for a new job/to be with his parents" or whatever, you'd probably have said "oh that's a shame " and suggested ways they could keep in touch.

I think he's upset because he feels like his friend is moving off, and is also slightly worried that he's moving off with a prostitute. He might not be used to prostitutes and find it a bit weird. Might be worried about STIs, possible drug abuse etc.

If you open your mind up too much your brain falls out. I think we can agree that having this prostitute for a girlfriend carries far greater risks on average than having someone in a normal job for a girlfriend.

Tbh, we are distancing ourselves from him. We cannot be arsed to be judged by women like her for our handling of the situation, it is too much hassle. Fine, it's none of our business, because we will be the ones judged negatively for showing concern. You can't win, so we will see what happens. He's an adult and he is making his own decisions, good for him, it's his choice to isolate himself away with her away from his whole support network through the years. We will make our own decisions too.
Reply 71
He told me she does unprotected oral. I never spoke to him about it again, I didn't really react, I didn't know how to... not my place to judge in front of him.

I find that very very hard to believe.

In fact I don't believe it,period.

Not saying you made it up,I'm saying your friend did.

Unless both your friend and his girlfriend are utter fools.

But I now believe his prostitute girlfriend is a figment of his imagination.
we don't associate with prostitutes

With an attitude like that, it's not as if anyone else is going to tell you.
Original post by moggis
I find that very very hard to believe.

In fact I don't believe it,period.

Not saying you made it up,I'm saying your friend did.

Unless both your friend and his girlfriend are utter fools.

But I now believe his prostitute girlfriend is a figment of his imagination.

God honest truth, he told me. Unprotected oral, but she has sex protected. Apparently, unprotected oral is (relatively) safe so she doe it.
Original post by unprinted
With an attitude like that, it's not as if anyone else is going to tell you.

Who are you? Best friend of prostitutes? Do you also befriend drug dealers?
Original post by asexual slug
He gets sex with a prostitute without having to pay.

#Winning

In what way is he winning? Have you lost brain cells or something?
Reply 76
God honest truth, he told me. Unprotected oral, but she has sex protected. Apparently, unprotected oral is (relatively) safe so she doe it.

I believe you.

But I simply don't believe any man would have unprotected sex on a regular basis with a woman who admits to having unprotected oral sex with lots of other men who themselves will no doubt be having such sex with yet others.

Thus I must conclude that either your friend is incredibly ignorant or a liar.

Occam's razor would suggest liar seeing as he also claims she's buying him a ******house.

I suspect that,with all due respect to your good self,your 'friend' has realised that you are a bit naive (please don't be offended,I wish I was still young eno8gh to be naive)and has made this up for a joke of sorts.

But if you think there's a chance he's on the level you'd be doing both him and his girlfriend a massive favour by telling him that oral sex is definitely not safe!

Jesus.

(I've been reading these posts from the end of the thread and it seems others have said all there is to say about the relevant stds)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moggis
I believe you.

But I simply don't believe any man would have unprotected sex on a regular basis with a woman who admits to having unprotected oral sex with lots of other men who themselves will no doubt be having such sex with yet others.

Thus I must conclude that either your friend is incredibly ignorant or a liar.

Occam's razor would suggest liar seeing as he also claims she's buying him a ******house.

I suspect that,with all due respect to your good self,your 'friend' has realised that you are a bit naive (please don't be offended,I wish I was still young eno8gh to be naive)and has made this up for a joke of sorts.

But if you think there's a chance he's on the level you'd be doing both him and his girlfriend a massive favour by telling him that oral sex is definitely not safe!

Jesus.

(I've been reading these posts from the end of the thread and it seems others have said all there is to say about the relevant stds)

Can you see why I was worried about him? He is besotted with her. She is buying a house, they have an ISA set up. He also talked a lot about the logistical issues with the money she has earned. I didn't respond. I have known him long enough to know he is not lying. She tells him he can see other girls too... so it's a ****ing weird thing going on that I can't get my head around. So, I am going to leave it.
Original post by SophieSmall
I fail to see how it is any of your business or your concern. Not everyone has the same values and opinions as you, deal with it.

How much pls?
Original post by heineken
How much pls?

I think a fiver and a big mac will cover it. (Oh why the **** did i just say that?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending