The Student Room Group

The Mission To AAAA

Hi All,

I'm looking forward to participating with everyone in this competition and hopefully we all can stay motivated to achieve our goals!

My GCSE Grades:

Spoiler

A level Subjects:

Physics
Maths
Further Maths
Computer Science

Mock Results:

Spoiler

Plan & Goals:

My only goal is to make my mother happy. We had a serious conversation a few days ago, I expressed how I feel about the education system and how I cannot be bothered. However, she has asked that I just do well for her, so I have no choice. Plus, my brother received a conditional offer to study Physics at Oxford. So, to stay in the competition I need to get a conditional from Cambridge. :u:

Revision Plans:

For Maths - I intend to finish every exercise in the C2 book by Monday
For Further Maths - I found some site called 'ExamSolutions.net' and I'm going to learn FP1 by watching all the videos, so I understand the content. Then I'm going to do all textbook exercises.
Computer Science - Make Neat Notes and finish by 20th March
Physics - TBD
Maths Mock Results:

Edexcel Core 2 - January 2006: 75/75
Edexcel Core 2 - January 2008: 71/75
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
nice plan! what are you hoping to study at cambridge?
Reply 3
Looks good! Do you have any revision tips you'll share with TSR for your next post or..??
Original post by Guls
nice plan! what are you hoping to study at cambridge?

Hmm, I really don't know. Possibly Computer Science or Maths. I find both interesting. However, Computer Science apparently leads to more career options. :u:
Update:

Just got back in from school. Over the past day and a half, I've managed to complete all exercises for Binomial expansion, Sequences & Series & Differentiation. Nothing difficult in those chapters, I've just found not knowing correct formulae for surface area & volume of shapes could become detrimental in the differentiation applications!

For today, I intend to watch all the videos on 'ExamSolutions' belonging to the FP1 module and aim to understand it before I start to attempt textbook questions!

I'm aiming to finish all the maths modules before I start revision for my other subjects. I'm predicting that I'll complete all the modules by the 15th of March.
Original post by LelouchViRuge
Update:

Just got back in from school. Over the past day and a half, I've managed to complete all exercises for Binomial expansion, Sequences & Series & Differentiation. Nothing difficult in those chapters, I've just found not knowing correct formulae for surface area & volume of shapes could become detrimental in the differentiation applications!

For today, I intend to watch all the videos on 'ExamSolutions' belonging to the FP1 module and aim to understand it before I start to attempt textbook questions!

I'm aiming to finish all the maths modules before I start revision for my other subjects. I'm predicting that I'll complete all the modules by the 15th of March.

I remember doing those 'application of differnetiation' type questions and worrying about what we do and don't need to know. Looking at the formula booklet that we get in the exam online helped.

March the 15th isn't that far away but you can do it :rave: good luck! :h:
Original post by SeanFM
I remember doing those 'application of differnetiation' type questions and worrying about what we do and don't need to know. Looking at the formula booklet that we get in the exam online helped.

March the 15th isn't that far away but you can do it :rave: good luck! :h:

Thanks mate!

Would this formula booklet be for Edexcel?
Original post by LelouchViRuge
Thanks mate!

Would this formula booklet be for Edexcel?

The formula booklet for Edexcel is here. :macarena:
Update:

Managed to answer all the exercises on Alegbra and Functions & Integration! Got 6 more chapters left :smile:

ExamSolutions is blocked in my school, so I didn't get to finish the FP1 playlist. I'll finish that tonight.
Update:

Has been a solid few days. I have managed to complete exercises for 9 chapters of C2. This leaves me with just trig graphs & equations which should be finished by tomorrow.

I'll then make a dent in FP1. I should have this module finished by Monday, this module looks no harder than C2 and exercises are quite short. Thank God! :wink:

Daily updates will now be given
(edited 8 years ago)
Update:

Super late for school. Started doing the exercises in FP1. Intend to finish off trig today in my free periods & going to start watching the S1 playlist! cya
Update:

It has been a while since I last posted so I thought I'd just give you all a little update.

Finished Core 2. Going to attempt a paper now.

Basically finished Further Pure 1. Just need to go through a few more exercises.

Started S1.

Start making notes for Computer Science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending