The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what revision techniques/tips do people have for a-level maths (other than past papers)???
Reply 1221
I went for a walk today so I am feeling good.
Reply 1222
motivate me please......
I'm gonna revise what I've done in A2 biology so far
Original post by Ara8311a
What exam board are you with for ICT?

OCR :smile:

Original post by catpeas
what revision techniques/tips do people have for a-level maths (other than past papers)???

maybe watch a video on a topic and do some exercise questions. i find these links helpful
http://www.themathsteacher.com/
http://www.examsolutions.net/
:h:
just came home from the doctors so i will join in the next session.

today i will make notes on the 2 law lectures i missed called "pre-inchoate offences"!!!

wish me luck :colondollar:

i hope everyone is having a productive session
Original post by fatima1998
for social i did milgram, burger, tajfel, sherif
can't remember more :biggrin:
i hate psychology

I did Milgram too :biggrin:

I love Psychology but for me I think the exam technique is really weird and also frustrating :angry:
Reply 1227
Logging out...
7:00pm (cuz me rebel)

aiming to do as many questions as I can for transition metals.

Original post by electric33
I did Milgram too :biggrin:

I love Psychology but for me I think the exam technique is really weird and also frustrating :angry:

ohh gosh... i just never every got A/B/C in any of my timed question
no matter how hard i try- the exam technique just kills me off
plus my teachers terrifies me so that's another reason i don't like psychology
but it's very interesting though :biggrin:
Original post by Guls
Logging out...
7:00pm (cuz me rebel)

aiming to do as many questions as I can for transition metals.

You ment to logout at 6:30
Original post by catpeas

practice the exercises, you can also find topic specific questions online,and examsolutions is a good tutorial website, he also has video solutions to all exam questions if u get stuck:smile: hegartymaths is another good tutorial video site
going to do some chemistry homework, then revise A2 paper 2 agriculture in industry topic
Original post by fatima1998
ohh gosh... i just never every got A/B/C in any of my timed question
no matter how hard i try- the exam technique just kills me off
plus my teachers terrifies me so that's another reason i don't like psychology
but it's very interesting though :biggrin:

The same has happened to me! It's always the exam technique which causes me to not do as well as I'd hope in Psychology. I'm so glad I'm not the only person studying psychology who has had this situation, I felt like I was the only one who was :s-smilie:
Original post by electric33
The same has happened to me! It's always the exam technique which causes me to not do as well as I'd hope in Psychology. I'm so glad I'm not the only person studying psychology who has had this situation, I felt like I was the only one who was :s-smilie:

nooo you aren't the only one :biggrin:
70% in every sixth is struggling with the exam technique- that's my statistics :laugh:
Going to join now! starting a bit late today but going to do my stats and bio homework and hopefully revise stats and maths!
Just finished my p1 for biochemistry, now onto p2 and hopefully will of finished p2 and p3 by the end of tonight!
I was cooking for family so I am going to start English Literature quotation notes for frankenstein
Reply 1237
Original post by catpeas

(paper +mock advice sorry lol)
it may seem silly but write next to each question what techniques will be involved in answering. for instance in my C3 mock i metaphorically tore each question apart and got 99UMS (lol 74/75) for instance; differentiation, highlighting the products and quotients , writing the appropriate trig identities next to a trig "prove" question. also remembering that questions and techniques can link in can help quite a bit.

when doing questions themselves take time and concentrate on the technique and specific answer forms your exam board may ask for from you.
hope this helps you:smile:

ps. don't be disheartened if you get things wrong
Original post by catpeas

According to my brother: Maths revision is pretty dull. With Maths there are no short cuts to success. What he did was every single question in the book and then did any past paper he could he find which tested the knowledge of the modules he had learned.

He came out with pretty much full UMS in everything
Original post by Vanessaxx98
I was cooking for family so I am going to start English Literature quotation notes for frankenstein

I wish that was on my syllabus :frown:

Just did biol revision as soon as i got back from school. It's 8 now so that's like 4 hours :+)