The Student Room Group

How do I create a revision timetable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeenPolyglot
That's fair. Thankfully my A/A* are all in relevant subjects for me, like French and Sociology, but I'm hoping I'll easily be able to get some of them to A*. There are some subjects, like Biology where I'm just not getting it and I'm dropping crazily- thankfully, I got A* in the CAU so that's a start. Some subjects I'm rapidly improving in- got my first overall A in Maths today :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

And then there's Drama. AQA Drama is just weird. Oh, and geography. I find it unusually difficult to answer some of the questions!

Yeah AQA Geography is kind of weird - some of the questions could have different answers that are correct technically but then if they're not in the mark scheme you don't get the mark. Same for AQA RE and French, they have these weirdly worded questions and stuff. Good luck though! :biggrin:
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah AQA Geography is kind of weird - some of the questions could have different answers that are correct technically but then if they're not in the mark scheme you don't get the mark. Same for AQA RE and French, they have these weirdly worded questions and stuff. Good luck though! :biggrin:

I hate geography. I want to be inspired by how I can help all those affected by earthquakes caused as a result of conservative plate margins...
Not how old people in East Devon have bus services!

I find the languages need some REAL shaking up in how they are done- in my opinion, it is actually rather simple, but that could just be because I speak French...Latin's where the real problems are.
I hate geography. I want to be inspired by how I can help all those affected by earthquakes caused as a result of conservative plate margins...
Not how old people in East Devon have bus services!

I find the languages need some REAL shaking up in how they are done- in my opinion, it is actually rather simple, but that could just be because I speak French...Latin's where the real problems are.

Yes me too about the geography specification! And I know, languages are so easy to get an A* in at GCSE and I think I'll be knocked over with the jump to A-Level (I'm taking French)
Yes me too about the geography specification! And I know, languages are so easy to get an A* in at GCSE and I think I'll be knocked over with the jump to A-Level (I'm taking French)

Actually, if your level of French grammar and vocabulary is pretty good, the A-Level jump isn't that big. My teacher set me an AS test and I got the equivalent of an A. Basically, if you're able to translate more or less this complete paragraph, then you won't have a problem!

(Réellement, si ton niveau de la grammaire française et la vocabulaire est assez bien, le saut d'<<A-Level>> n'est pas très grand. Mon professeur m'a donné un examen d'AS, et j'ai obtenu l'équivalent d'un A. Tout simplement, si tu peux traduire, plus ou moins, ce pararaphe complète, puis tu n'auras pas d'une problème!)

But seriously, the A-Level is apparently really difficult, but it looks like one of the easier in my opinion. Maybe I'm just gifted in languages.

However, what annoys me is that my teacher is telling me to be a little stupider for the GCSE French, because they have to pay more for an actual examiner to come in to check that I'm not cheating, due to my level being higher than everyone else in our year!
Actually, if your level of French grammar and vocabulary is pretty good, the A-Level jump isn't that big. My teacher set me an AS test and I got the equivalent of an A. Basically, if you're able to translate more or less this complete paragraph, then you won't have a problem!

(Réellement, si ton niveau de la grammaire française et la vocabulaire est assez bien, le saut d'<<A-Level>> n'est pas très grand. Mon professeur m'a donné un examen d'AS, et j'ai obtenu l'équivalent d'un A. Tout simplement, si tu peux traduire, plus ou moins, ce pararaphe complète, puis tu n'auras pas d'une problème!)

But seriously, the A-Level is apparently really difficult, but it looks like one of the easier in my opinion. Maybe I'm just gifted in languages.

However, what annoys me is that my teacher is telling me to be a little stupider for the GCSE French, because they have to pay more for an actual examiner to come in to check that I'm not cheating, due to my level being higher than everyone else in our year!

Yeah, I also did an AS test where all the questions/answers were in French and managed to score nearly full marks - but maybe that's just because reading is my strong point so I'm worried about all the other components (my speaking is fine, I just have some concerns for writing and listening)
Yeah, I also did an AS test where all the questions/answers were in French and managed to score nearly full marks - but maybe that's just because reading is my strong point so I'm worried about all the other components (my speaking is fine, I just have some concerns for writing and listening)

The listening is actually a little easier in some respects, harder in others. It's easier in that you are literally given a CD where you can listen to it as many or as few times as you need in the time limit. Plus, there isn't a stupid "French Test Paper: Numero 1. Listen to Marc and Pierre etc....", it just goes straight onto it. However, the general content is much harder and you need to get the precise details. It also is less clear- it may be a train bulletin where there is sounds of trains in between, to try and tune your ear to the language only.
The writing for me is rather simple, however the actual exam (as I'm sure you know) is an improvised essay of about 250 words. So all in all it's an easy task, it's just difficult to come up with arguments for why TV is good for education on the spot et en français.
The listening is actually a little easier in some respects, harder in others. It's easier in that you are literally given a CD where you can listen to it as many or as few times as you need in the time limit. Plus, there isn't a stupid "French Test Paper: Numero 1. Listen to Marc and Pierre etc....", it just goes straight onto it. However, the general content is much harder and you need to get the precise details. It also is less clear- it may be a train bulletin where there is sounds of trains in between, to try and tune your ear to the language only.
The writing for me is rather simple, however the actual exam (as I'm sure you know) is an improvised essay of about 250 words. So all in all it's an easy task, it's just difficult to come up with arguments for why TV is good for education on the spot et en français.

Yes I was speaking to a girl at the scholarship exams and she said that the listening process of being able to stop and start as you please is really helpful, which is good as sometimes in GCSE I am concentrating on what is being said that I feel like I need a few seconds to really think about what has just been said and choose my answer. I've actually had a practice of the writing as such as at the scholarship exam I was meant to write my coursework out without a dictionary - but we hadn't done our coursework so I just made it up! I'm sure it was terrible but at least it was legible :wink:
Yes I was speaking to a girl at the scholarship exams and she said that the listening process of being able to stop and start as you please is really helpful, which is good as sometimes in GCSE I am concentrating on what is being said that I feel like I need a few seconds to really think about what has just been said and choose my answer. I've actually had a practice of the writing as such as at the scholarship exam I was meant to write my coursework out without a dictionary - but we hadn't done our coursework so I just made it up! I'm sure it was terrible but at least it was legible :wink:

Scholarship exams? Is that a school-specific thing?

But yeah, I don't like the GCSE Listening. It's too jaunty for comfort. It's annoying having a dictionary in French coursework...
Like the time I wrote (translated into English):

One can find a myriad of activities within the small town, such as that of the museums. Of course, had Michael Gove not wrecked the education systems, people might still be interested in museums and history in that form...

It got a B, because I went off on too much of a tangent!
Scholarship exams? Is that a school-specific thing?

But yeah, I don't like the GCSE Listening. It's too jaunty for comfort. It's annoying having a dictionary in French coursework...
Like the time I wrote (translated into English):

One can find a myriad of activities within the small town, such as that of the museums. Of course, had Michael Gove not wrecked the education systems, people might still be interested in museums and history in that form...

It got a B, because I went off on too much of a tangent!

Yeah I applied to a private school to do my A-Levels (I haven't got my hopes up for it however, I have applied to 3 other schools it was just to see if I could get in I guess) and I don't exactly have the money to pay £20,000 a term or whatever it was so I applied for a scholarship so I had to go and do scholarship exams at the school in my chosen subjects. They weren't too bad I guess but that's probably because I chose English Literature and French which are my favourite subjects.

Haha I got the same comment from my teacher! 'over-flowering my work' which is entirely annoying that the French speaking isn't a case of I have no idea what they're saying in terms of vocab, but I just literally have no idea what they're saying because the accents are unbelievable!! And the French coursework has to be so basic and bland to do well, I'd much prefer to write a piece of French literature or something haha :smile:
I don't use a website I do it by myself. For after school I do 1hr and 45 mins apart from on Fridays I do 45 mins. I focus on subjects I struggle in more than others. I do an hours revision in school with whatever subject they run that day, then I come home and do 15 mins of one subject then I take a break and do 45 minutes of another one. I do it this way so you are not restricted to times you just know you have to get that in somewhere in your night. As for the weekend and for the holidays I get up at 9am and start revision at 10am. I do 20 minutes of every subject with half an hour break in between. I find this works so well.
For example my weekend revision time table goes;
9;00-10:00 - Shower and Breakfast
10:0-10:20 - English Language
10:20-10:50 - BREAK
10:50-11:10- English Language
11:10-11:40- BREAK
11:40- 12:00 - Maths
12:00- 12:40 - LUNCH
12:40- 13:00 - Geography
13:00- 13:30 - BREAK
13:30- 13:50 - French
13:50- 14:20 - BREAK
14:20 - 14:40- Chemistry
14:40- 15:10 - BREAK
15:10- 15:30- Psychology
15:30- - 16:00 - BREAK
16:00 - 16:20 - Physics
16:20- 16:50 - BREAK
16:50- 17:10 - Biology
17:10-17:40 - BREAK
17:40- 18:00- Technology
18:00 - Tea and Free time...
You can mix this up to how it suits you, this is how I fit all my subjects in hope it helps
Yeah I applied to a private school to do my A-Levels (I haven't got my hopes up for it however, I have applied to 3 other schools it was just to see if I could get in I guess) and I don't exactly have the money to pay £20,000 a term or whatever it was so I applied for a scholarship so I had to go and do scholarship exams at the school in my chosen subjects. They weren't too bad I guess but that's probably because I chose English Literature and French which are my favourite subjects.

Haha I got the same comment from my teacher! 'over-flowering my work' which is entirely annoying that the French speaking isn't a case of I have no idea what they're saying in terms of vocab, but I just literally have no idea what they're saying because the accents are unbelievable!! And the French coursework has to be so basic and bland to do well, I'd much prefer to write a piece of French literature or something haha :smile:

I got a play published which was fully written in French when I was about 13, and even that isn't a good enough piece of work for coursework. *Internally cries*.

But wow, £20k a term? I went to private school, which was £4k a term, but, being a member of Mensa at the time and getting full marks- how, I will never know- in my Maths test, I got an immediate scholarship and only had to pay about £20 each term! Then I came out of the school and I got (if I remember rightly) 6 A*, 2 A and 1 B, for my Common Entrance exams. Needless to say, one of my A* was French. The others were Music, Drama, Latin, English and Geography. Thankfully there were no case studies back then, just how to measure volcanoes and spit formation!

That's also annoying, when the accents are so ridiculous and over exaggerated, particularly in the listening. Thankfully, my teacher has no obvious accent whatsoever in French, which is pretty bad for me. I have lost my French accent over time. *Internally cries again*.
I got a play published which was fully written in French when I was about 13, and even that isn't a good enough piece of work for coursework. *Internally cries*.

But wow, £20k a term? I went to private school, which was £4k a term, but, being a member of Mensa at the time and getting full marks- how, I will never know- in my Maths test, I got an immediate scholarship and only had to pay about £20 each term! Then I came out of the school and I got (if I remember rightly) 6 A*, 2 A and 1 B, for my Common Entrance exams. Needless to say, one of my A* was French. The others were Music, Drama, Latin, English and Geography. Thankfully there were no case studies back then, just how to measure volcanoes and spit formation!

That's also annoying, when the accents are so ridiculous and over exaggerated, particularly in the listening. Thankfully, my teacher has no obvious accent whatsoever in French, which is pretty bad for me. I have lost my French accent over time. *Internally cries again*.

Hahaha! :tongue:

And yeah something ridiculous like that! Ah well done that's awesome :smile: I only did two entrance exams and a verbal reasoning exam, not nine haha unlucky!

I also take Geography, I love it! So you've finished with GCSE's now or are you in year 11?

& my French accent is pretty good, I put it down to learning to sing Let it Go from Frozen in French haha :wink:
Hahaha! :tongue:

And yeah something ridiculous like that! Ah well done that's awesome :smile: I only did two entrance exams and a verbal reasoning exam, not nine haha unlucky!

I also take Geography, I love it! So you've finished with GCSE's now or are you in year 11?

& my French accent is pretty good, I put it down to learning to sing Let it Go from Frozen in French haha :wink:

Well, in order to get in I did a fair few exams. There were two maths, one spelling, grammar and punctuation, critical thinking, philosophical understanding and two reasoning exams- Logical and Verbal. Then I did my 13+ Common Entrance exams in Yr 8 when the school finished, which were exams that you took if you were going to another private school after- like the other two people in my year did.

I don't like Geography at all. It's just awkward to say the least in terms of the exams. I'm in Year 11, and I should be revising for my chemistry C3 mock right now. But TSR.

Aha, well I'm quite fortunate in terms of music and language. I have the unusual power of being able to translate any song to which I know the lyrics into any language I know instantaneously. It freaks everyone out at school, but I love it. It's just one of my niche talents. Oh, and juggling knives and fire, but that's a completely different story.
Well, in order to get in I did a fair few exams. There were two maths, one spelling, grammar and punctuation, critical thinking, philosophical understanding and two reasoning exams- Logical and Verbal. Then I did my 13+ Common Entrance exams in Yr 8 when the school finished, which were exams that you took if you were going to another private school after- like the other two people in my year did.

I don't like Geography at all. It's just awkward to say the least in terms of the exams. I'm in Year 11, and I should be revising for my chemistry C3 mock right now. But TSR.

Aha, well I'm quite fortunate in terms of music and language. I have the unusual power of being able to translate any song to which I know the lyrics into any language I know instantaneously. It freaks everyone out at school, but I love it. It's just one of my niche talents. Oh, and juggling knives and fire, but that's a completely different story.

Ahhh C3 is a killer :wink: I'm actually doing some titration equations right now as homework for that haha

Oh no way I literally do the same with songs wtf!! Hahahaha my friends also get freaked out by it! Sometimes I even write my responses in my books to teachers in French, unsure if they understand it or not :wink:

Ah the verbal reasoning test was weird, a weird bunch of questions. I got invited to the school to take the 11+ scholarship exam back in year 6 but I said no, I guess I didn't like the thought of an all girls school.
Google one and then look at it so you know how its like then just include your subjects, timings etc.
Ahhh C3 is a killer :wink: I'm actually doing some titration equations right now as homework for that haha

Oh no way I literally do the same with songs wtf!! Hahahaha my friends also get freaked out by it! Sometimes I even write my responses in my books to teachers in French, unsure if they understand it or not :wink:

Ah the verbal reasoning test was weird, a weird bunch of questions. I got invited to the school to take the 11+ scholarship exam back in year 6 but I said no, I guess I didn't like the thought of an all girls school.

I had my C3 mock today. Needless to say, I got an understandable U. Even if I haven't got my marks yet, I know I've got a U. Maybe a D

I remember a biology homework where we had to write a letter to Lamarck, and, being a Francophone, I "wrote" to him in French. I did not expect to have my work shown in a whole school assembly though!

I nearly ended up in an all boys school. Eton. But I didn't get a scholarship, only a bursary and we were too poor to pay for it, I guess! But I quite enjoyed taking my entrance tests. They were over two taster days, and I suppose it would only be righteous to say the girls were rather interested in me.

To this day, I am still single.:frown: :blushing:
I had my C3 mock today. Needless to say, I got an understandable U. Even if I haven't got my marks yet, I know I've got a U. Maybe a D

I remember a biology homework where we had to write a letter to Lamarck, and, being a Francophone, I "wrote" to him in French. I did not expect to have my work shown in a whole school assembly though!

I nearly ended up in an all boys school. Eton. But I didn't get a scholarship, only a bursary and we were too poor to pay for it, I guess! But I quite enjoyed taking my entrance tests. They were over two taster days, and I suppose it would only be righteous to say the girls were rather interested in me.

To this day, I am still single.:frown: :blushing:

I'm sure you didn't get a U! You're the brains of Britain :wink:

Ah so you're clever and hot? Just my type, you should hit me up sometime :wink:

Eton is a while away from me, I live up in the North East haha :smile:
I'm sure you didn't get a U! You're the brains of Britain :wink:

Ah so you're clever and hot? Just my type, you should hit me up sometime :wink:

Eton is a while away from me, I live up in the North East haha :smile:

Well, maybe I didn't get a U, but I think I've got U! :wink:

And believe me- I'm not hot. I was just cute back then. I mean, I found my old school pics- including the one with the now jailed teacher, but that's a different story- and I was so so so so so so much smaller than those in my class and I looked about 7. But hey ho!

It's a while away from me too, but (and this is true), my mum didn't like the uniform at Harrow, so that was passed off as an option, and Eton was the best school to go to after leaving a rubbish little comprehensive in the south coast!
Well, maybe I didn't get a U, but I think I've got U! :wink:

And believe me- I'm not hot. I was just cute back then. I mean, I found my old school pics- including the one with the now jailed teacher, but that's a different story- and I was so so so so so so much smaller than those in my class and I looked about 7. But hey ho!

It's a while away from me too, but (and this is true), my mum didn't like the uniform at Harrow, so that was passed off as an option, and Eton was the best school to go to after leaving a rubbish little comprehensive in the south coast!

Ah you fancy sharing these pictures? :K:
Haha oh I see! I just go to a rubbish little comprehensive now, it's not a very good school whatsoever but oh well lmfao
Ah you fancy sharing these pictures? :K:
Haha oh I see! I just go to a rubbish little comprehensive now, it's not a very good school whatsoever but oh well lmfao

Hmm, maybe...ya got Snapchat? :wink::colondollar:

I don't mind my comprehensive, but it's okay I suppose. I got my exam timetable today though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest