Reply 61
Original post by Sam Pepper
Getting hot in here xdddddd

@High stakes GET EM TIGER :smug:

leave my hubby alone

:backstab:
Reply 62
Original post by lubsjk
And you're making the generalisation that not identifying yourself as a feminist means that you reject the history of feminism which is untrue.

As of yet, nobody who has taken it upon themselves to argue with me, has come up with an explanation as to why you would choose to be an egalitarian. Nobody has told me why, when it come to the equality of the sexes, that there is something wrong with being a feminist. Nor have they been able to tell me, what exactly they gain by calling themselves egalitarian.

Is it for sake of ease? Do you feel that things would be easier if 'equality' and all its divisions came under the name 'egalitarianism'?

Like I said in my first post, if that's all it is, keep the name, but to me, the word 'feminism' holds so much more importance, history and power.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ivy.98
leave my hubby alone

:backstab:

allow me mans just tryna wingman you :cry2:

Also fam nice try allow tryna expose my livihood RIP 2016 :frown:
Original post by childofthesun
What is it about feminism that makes you reject it? I'd argue that egalitarianism encompasses feminism,while also including racial equality, equality for all regardless of sexuality,religion,social class etc. This is why to me, your OP is contradictory.

'"I believe everyone should be equal regardless of gender,race,sexuality etc, but no I don't support a movement that advocates for women to have the same rights as men"-this is basically what you are saying.

I didn't say that anywhere. I'm saying exactly what you said, it "encompasses feminism", so it does fight for the same issues, but it's egalitarianism. I not once said I rejected feminism and I've said that to other people on this thread too. I've edited the original post to make that clear now :smile:.
Reply 65
allow me mans just tryna wingman you :cry2:

Also fam nice try allow tryna expose my livihood RIP 2016 :frown:

#fail2016 uno

looool nah im not peak, ur secret is safe with me :colone: just dont take the piss yh
Original post by ivy.98
#fail2016 uno

looool nah im not peak, ur secret is safe with me :colone: just dont take the piss yh

bruv as i said im not confirmin nor denyin plsssss xddddd
man aint takin da piss lelele, im all for da tsr love <33333

Ivy stakes will be a sik tsr meme

u were ma sidegash tho xdddd

nah ur cool man :yy: good buds 2016 :yep:
Original post by JPO92
Fighting for women's rights is equality between the sexes. In certain places and certain situations men are in superior positions to women, therefore feminism must exist in order to attain equality.

Original post by JPO92
As of yet, nobody who has taken it upon themselves to argue with me, has come up with an explanation as to why you would choose to be an egalitarian. Nobody has told me why, when it come to the equality of the sexes, that there is something wrong with being a feminist. Nor have they been able to tell me, what exactly they gain by calling themselves egalitarian.

Is it for sake of ease? Do you feel that things would be easier if 'equality' and all its divisions came under the name 'egalitarianism'?

Like I said in my first post, if that's all it is, keep the name, but to me, the word 'feminism' holds so much more importance, history and power.

What you said in bold is the answer to your question as to why one would identify as an egalitarian rather than a feminist. Some people want to push for equality as a whole as opposed to just pushing for women's rights, because not all sexism is directed at women. Men face discrimination too.

The suffragettes were fighting for equality. Feminists can't claim the whole history of fighting for the right to vote, divorce etc.

I get the feeling that feminism forgets about people who are not strictly male or female. What about intersex people's rights?
Original post by emily-brown
I didn't say that anywhere. I'm saying exactly what you said, it "encompasses feminism", so it does fight for the same issues, but it's egalitarianism. I not once said I rejected feminism and I've said that to other people on this thread too. I've edited the original post to make that clear now :smile:.

I don't think you understand my point. If egalitarianism encompasses feminism, then it is contradictory to say you are an egalitarian but not a feminist.
Reply 69
bruv as i said im not confirmin nor denyin plsssss xddddd
man aint takin da piss lelele, im all for da tsr love <33333

Ivy stakes will be a sik tsr meme

u were ma sidegash tho xdddd

nah ur cool man :yy: good buds 2016 :yep:

fam just stop with dis now pls. XDD who knew man was a proper drama queen uno XDDD

yh watch, tsr babies are on their way cuz :rofl::rofl:

were? :'( i c

safe G. bro luv <33333
Original post by childofthesun
I don't think you understand my point. If egalitarianism encompasses feminism, then it is contradictory to say you are an egalitarian but not a feminist.

No, because they are two different ideologies. It might not seem that way to you but to me and other egalitarians it does. It is possible for someone to agree with some of feminism's points but not be a feminist. I respect your freedom to identify how you want and to believe what you want, so please respect my right to do the same.
Original post by ivy.98
fam just stop with dis now pls. XDD who knew man was a proper drama queen uno XDDD

yh watch, tsr babies are on their way cuz :rofl::rofl:

were? :'( i c

safe G. bro luv <33333

Im not a drama queen ffs :rofl: lets not talk ab that subject K? :lol:

u were fam xddddd, not any more cuz xddd

saaaafe <3

Spoiler

Reply 72
Im not a drama queen ffs :rofl: lets not talk ab that subject K? :lol:

u were fam xddddd, not any more cuz xddd

saaaafe <3

Spoiler

mmhm k.. :rolleyes: 1v1 me kunttt XDDDD

bare sad tyms 4 me :'((

tenks man, fr feeling dah luv <3

Spoiler

Original post by emily-brown
I used to think that too! Then I discovered a large community of egalitarians through Instagram and discovered people can be egalitarian too.

Instagram. The path to knowledge? Scientists explain here.
Original post by ivy.98

Spoiler

NICE TRY FAM shieeeet :rofl: XDDDDD

<3
you are enlightened sister
Reply 76
Original post by Bad Faith
What you said in bold is the answer to your question as to why one would identify as an egalitarian rather than a feminist. Some people want to push for equality as a whole as opposed to just pushing for women's rights, because not all sexism is directed at women. Men face discrimination too.

The suffragettes were fighting for equality. Feminists can't claim the whole history of fighting for the right to vote, divorce etc.

I get the feeling that feminism forgets about people who are not strictly male or female. What about intersex people's rights?

I am a marxist, I fight against social class innequalities, I am a feminist, I fight against gender innequalities, I fight for racial equality. I choose to go by these individual titles, because they are titles that have been hard won by the people who campaigned under them. It is a mark of respect and admiration.

Just to be clear, when I say I fight for gender innequalities, that is men as well obvously...

Gender is a social construct, intersex people have every bit as much right to equality as anyone else.
(edited 8 years ago)
This is treason and blasphemy.
Original post by ivy.98

Spoiler

Goddammit, English please!
Reply 79
Original post by Gryffindorian
Goddammit, English please!

dis advanced english