The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

how good looking are you also why don;t you just eat less of you want to lose weight. It is difficult to lose weight from exercise alone.
Original post by Anonymous
Every part of my body that should go out goes in (e.g hips and bust) and every part that should go in goes out (waist, huge belly and thighs). I have very chubby fat cheeks for someone of my age. My skin is kind of dark and loose, doughy and covered in stretch marks. I also have some burns scarring on my body.

These seem like minor concerns that most simply wouldn't notice.

I think you have some self esteem issues. Ask your GP for a referral to a therapist. Maybe join a support group. In the meantime, working out properly will help improve your confidence and your body.
Reply 22
Every part of my body that should go out goes in (e.g hips and bust) and every part that should go in goes out (waist, huge belly and thighs). I have very chubby fat cheeks for someone of my age. My skin is kind of dark and loose, doughy and covered in stretch marks. I also have some burns scarring on my body.

are you black?
Original post by dmy15
are you black?

Yes, well I'm half black and half white. Same skin tone as someone like Alicia Keys. I have dark skin on butt and inner thighs though.
Original post by karl pilkington
how good looking are you also why don;t you just eat less of you want to lose weight. It is difficult to lose weight from exercise alone.

I'm not just exercising. I already eat 400-500 calories a day less than my Total Daily Energy Expenditure and my weight is actually increasing, possibly due to an increase in muscle mass, I'm not sure. As I mentioned elsewhere my weight is not going to drop unless I eat less than 800 calories a day.

Oh and I'm not a pretty girl.
Oh and I'm not a pretty girl.

there lies your problem
Reply 27
Yes, well I'm half black and half white. Same skin tone as someone like Alicia Keys. I have dark skin on butt and inner thighs though.

Well as a positive, at least know that your melanin will help you age a lot less rapidly than other people!
there lies your problem

I didn't say I was butt ugly though, I just think my face is a bit below average and a bit weird. I'm sure with a nice body I could attract someone but I am coming to find that it's not possible for me.
Original post by dmy15
Well as a positive, at least know that your melanin will help you age a lot less rapidly than other people!

Yes I've always looked really young for my age although I think that is due to my fat cheeks. On my dad's side (black) they all hit their 50s with a single wrinkle, line or sag and beautiful glowing skin that looks better than most teens today, so I'm hoping I will follow somewhat!
I didn't say I was butt ugly though, I just think my face is a bit below average and a bit weird. I'm sure with a nice body I could attract someone but I am coming to find that it's not possible for me.

how bad is your body also do you ever try and talk to guys?
Some people are just ugly. However, there are probably hundreds of millions of ugly guys out there who would be willing to pounce on you. You may however be so astoundingly unattractive that you will never find anyone, however this is very unlikely to be the case. As long as you have a good personality and look relatively human-like, you should be fine - you have a vagina.
how bad is your body also do you ever try and talk to guys?

My body looks okay in the right clothes and even lingerie but in it's natural form I would say it is truly grotesque.

Yes I do talk to guys but none are really interested in getting to know me, even as a friend. I suppose I have nothing to offer them.
Original post by george-90
Some people are just ugly. However, there are probably hundreds of millions of ugly guys out there who would be willing to pounce on you. You may however be so astoundingly unattractive that you will never find anyone, however this is very unlikely to be the case. As long as you have a good personality and look relatively human-like, you should be fine - you have a vagina.

Although unlikely, those people have to be out there and I think there is a good chance I could be one. I have tried to talk to and pursue 'ugly' guys and believe me not even they want me. So I don't think I have much hope.

I'm assuming that huge belly is a complete exaggeration given your weight. Given that, still sounds fine to me ???? Literally the rest of the stuff you mention all sounds totally negligible, if I'm to assume it's not exaggerated.

Ngl sounds a bit like body dysmorphia to me but then I'm no psychology expert.
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
These seem like minor concerns that most simply wouldn't notice.

I think you have some self esteem issues. Ask your GP for a referral to a therapist. Maybe join a support group. In the meantime, working out properly will help improve your confidence and your body.

My GP recently referred me to my uni counselling services, who rejected me and sent me back to my GP! This is the point where I should probably mention... I am a former bulimic and starting to relapse :frown:
My body looks okay in the right clothes and even lingerie but in it's natural form I would say it is truly grotesque.

Yes I do talk to guys but none are really interested in getting to know me, even as a friend. I suppose I have nothing to offer them.

why is it grotesque also are you a virgin? Have you ever asked them why they are not interested
I appreciate that love is more than that, but on a basic level I don't think any man would ever look at me twice, let alone want to spend the rest of his life with me because of my grotesque body. In fact. I doubt I could get a guy to stick around for one night/

I work out 6-8 hours a week at the gym, plus I do usually do another couple of hours a week walking to uni although with the weather being so cold lately I've been getting the tube. I eat quite healthy, and do IF 5 days a week and I have one treat/cheat meal a week. I don't drink or smoke. I currently weigh 107lbs and I'm 5'2". I've been working hard and in spite of this my body still looks horrible!! In some ways I feel worse for taking care of myself because I know I'm never going to look nice and it's all a big waste.

I resent my body because I know it stands in the way of me finding happiness. Is there anyway around this?

im 5'3 and i weight 8'10 but thats because i had a baby 6 months ago. my point is iv got a boyfriend still who still finds me attractive and i weight more then you
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I'm assuming that huge belly is a complete exaggeration given your weight. Given that, still sounds fine to me ???? Literally the rest of the stuff you mention all sounds totally negligible, if I'm to assume it's not exaggerated.

Ngl sounds a bit like body dysmorphia to me but then I'm no psychology expert.

My belly really is huge I can literally grab handfuls of the fat and its really dough and soft. My belly sticks out more than my breasts (B cup). The other things may not seem too bad but put them onto one body and it makes for a horrible body, I honestly can't think of one good or decent thing than anyone could be attracted to.
why is it grotesque also are you a virgin? Have you ever asked them why they are not interested

It's gross because it looks gross. No I'm not a virgin, although I lost my virginity much later than most women. I'm not going to ask them that it's so embarrassing, although I would like to know. I was thinking of asking some close trusted friends, my male cousin, and even my dad for an honest take on it though and if there is anything I can do. I just don't know how to go about saying it.

Latest