The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4440
TR7 is probably leaving is summer, as are Arteta & Flamini.

We really don't need to sell Ramsey at all, or Ox, or Theo.

We can easily just add & let everyone fight for their place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we ever going to be able to go against Barca/Bayern/Real/Juve with Ramsey as our CM 'powerhouse'?

Of course not. Realistically Ramsey is one of the key areas we can and should upgrade. Needless to say that a fully fit Wilshere would have his place.

He's absolutely fine for most games but we need a bit more oomph at the very top level. Thought he'd be a Lampard type for us but he's basically top4 level and no more.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4442
Original post by Zürich
Are we ever going to be able to go against Barca/Bayern/Real/Juve with Ramsey as our CM 'powerhouse'?

Of course not. Realistically Ramsey is one of the key areas we can and should upgrade. Needless to say that a fully fit Wilshere would have his place.

He's absolutely fine for most games but we need a bit more oomph at the very top level. Thought he'd be a Lampard type for us but he's basically top4 level and no more.

Yeah I didn't mean as a starter. Jack should be ahead of him - even Santi should in the middle.

But there's no reason why we shouldn't keep him for depth & all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mahrez vs Payet.

If you could pick one to come play RW for us.
Reply 4444
Original post by swirly
Mahrez vs Payet.

If you could pick one to come play RW for us.

Mahrez

Alexis Ozil Mahrez

Absolutely lethal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would Mahrez come to Arsenal if I was him I would say at Leicester
in a way it's refreshing that the big money PL deal seems to be removing the one-sidedness of the competition, and also stopping the more established clubs "hoovering up" the talent of their unfancied competitors
Original post by leinad2012
But...but.... We're gunners and we're gunning? :colone:

Meh, at least we didn't lose to a team thats as old as Adam Johnsons next target...

You just lost to Chelsea who are younger though
Original post by shawn_o1
in a way it's refreshing that the big money PL deal seems to be removing the one-sidedness of the competition, and also stopping the more established clubs "hoovering up" the talent of their unfancied competitors

Liverpool have done it so so wrong though xD.
Original post by Zürich

Pretty sure we beat Bayern 2-0 earlier on with Ramsey as CM.
Original post by sr90
You just lost to Chelsea who are younger though

Took you 2 days, but well done. Knew I was setting you up for that, was just hoping you'd take the hint and finish the joke :wink:
Scans on Ox's knee suggest he may miss rest of the season. CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET RID OF THIS LOSER ENGLISH CORE THEY ARE ALWAYS INJURED.
Original post by Zürich

I like Ramsey
Original post by AR_95
Welbeck should have started

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: To man-mark Messi?

Also, fuaarrrk, qua has returned to ether this thread. I feel she has some biased views but argues them very well.
Original post by SA-1
Mahrez

Alexis Ozil Mahrez

Absolutely lethal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mahrez and Ozil would get in each others way tbh. Drop Ozil, play Diaby/Rosicky.
Original post by Zürich

Who is a realistic upgrade on Ramsey for you lot? Nainggolan/Kondogbia maybe. You are then left with potential buys(Rabiot e.g.) or just straight up unattainable players/big 3 castaways. Gundogan I guess you could try but that's about it for established players unless you want to spend 30M on fernandinho and co.

Think that Wilshere when fit provides a different dimension to your game to Ramsey. He's useful for one type of game(where you need his tight interplay and those bursting runs on the ball in midfield) while Ramsey is useful for another(late runs into the box from cutbacks and very good off the ball movement to finish moves). Wilshere is similar to Cazorla in that regard and probably is the most ideal long term replacement for him when fit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Who is a realistic upgrade on Ramsey for you lot? Nainggolan/Kondogbia maybe. You are then left with potential buys(Rabiot e.g.) or just straight up unattainable players. Gundogan I guess you could try but that's about it for established players unless you want to spend 30M on fernandinho and co.

Think that Wilshere when fit provides a different dimension to your game to Ramsey. He's useful for one type of game(where you need his tight interplay and those bursting runs on the ball in midfield) while Ramsey is useful for another(late runs into the box from cutbacks and very good off the ball movement to finish moves). Wilshere is similar to Cazorla in that regard and probably is the most ideal long term replacement for him when fit.

Kante for instance. There are plenty of players out there in the CM position. We'll see what this Egyptian fella is like but atm he plays exactly like what youd expect a 7m Swiss League player to so not holding my breath...

Wilshere/Ramsey/Coq/Cazorla are probably fine for CM atm but Ramsey has been playing at about 6/10 since 2014 so he needs less game time in all honesty and more targeted opponents.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ox is out for the season. You guys happy now?
Reply 4458
Original post by Kenan and Kel
:lol: To man-mark Messi?

Also, fuaarrrk, qua has returned to ether this thread. I feel she has some biased views but argues them very well.

To provide more threat up front. Oxelade was an absolute waste on the pitch

Original post by al_94
Ox is out for the season. You guys happy now?

I'm ****ing delighted, honestly.
Reply 4459
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Mahrez and Ozil would get in each others way tbh. Drop Ozil, play Diaby/Rosicky.

This isn't a united team under LVG bro

download.jpg

Latest