The Student Room Group

If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Maths in this question be like:

9+10=21
Original post by MichaelJeeha
i don't like you now

Love you too x
Lol no one said 2 yet
It's "there are 6 apples" rather than "you have 6 apples".
Original post by LemonadeAspire
Lets just assume they are someone else's :smile:

in which case the answer's 4 :yep:
138?!
Original post by Alexion
in which case the answer's 4 :yep:

Hence why my question even said "there are 6 apples" that doesn't mean they are yours :wink:
Original post by IcEmAn911
138?!

damn you're so close!!
Original post by LemonadeAspire
Hence why my question even said "there are 6 apples" that doesn't mean they are yours :wink:

And the point of my post was that 'there are six apples' was too vague :tongue:
How many do you have? 4
How many is left? 2
Reply 30
What a pointless thread.
Original post by Alexion
And the point of my post was that 'there are six apples' was too vague :tongue:

shh :frown: at least you had the answer right in the first place with either 4 or 6 :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
What a pointless thread.

Welcome to the pointless thread! :smile:
There are n sweets in a bag. Six of the sweets are orange. The rest of the sweets are yellow.Hannah takes a sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet. Hannah then takes at random another sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet.The probability that Hannah eats two orange sweets is 1/3. Show that n²-n-90=0
Reply 34
Original post by _icecream
There are n sweets in a bag. Six of the sweets are orange. The rest of the sweets are yellow.Hannah takes a sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet. Hannah then takes at random another sweet from the bag. She eats the sweet.The probability that Hannah eats two orange sweets is 1/3. Show that n²-n-90=0

That makes my head hurt 😭😭😭😭
Original post by ZuluK
That makes my head hurt 😭😭😭😭

10² - 10 - 90 = 0So if Hannah has 10 sweets she has a 6/10 chance of pulling out an orange sweet first time and then a 5/9 chance of pulling one out second time.6/10 X 5/9 = 30/90 or 1/3
10² - 10 - 90 = 0So if Hannah has 10 sweets she has a 6/10 chance of pulling out an orange sweet first time and then a 5/9 chance of pulling one out second time.6/10 X 5/9 = 30/90 or 1/3

We finally got the right answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38

Yep still don't get it 😐

Thanks for trying but I was not born for maths 😭😭😭😭
Reply 39
Original post by Impressive
We finally got the right answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Impressive :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest