The Student Room Group

Not sure where to say I live?

I'm applying for student finance and setting up my account but I'm not sure where to say I live. I currently live with my dad but once I start university I plan on living with my mum when not at uni (eg. Christmas and summer). They both have different incomes and so my maintenance loan would be very different depending on which address I register at. Does anybody have any solution or knowledge of this sort of situation?
Reply 1
Original post by ILikePasta
I'm applying for student finance and setting up my account but I'm not sure where to say I live. I currently live with my dad but once I start university I plan on living with my mum when not at uni (eg. Christmas and summer). They both have different incomes and so my maintenance loan would be very different depending on which address I register at. Does anybody have any solution or knowledge of this sort of situation?

Which gets the biggest loan? :wink:
Original post by Andy98
Which gets the biggest loan? :wink:

So THAT one yeah?
Reply 3
So THAT one yeah?

:top:
Original post by Andy98
:top:

would it look a bit suspicious if my older brother did the same and it's only a 1 bedroom flat? or do they not really check?
Reply 5
would it look a bit suspicious if my older brother did the same and it's only a 1 bedroom flat? or do they not really check?

They don't really check tbh - my mate earns loads of money, but because only a small amount is actually from employment he got away with it
Original post by Andy98
They don't really check tbh - my mate earns loads of money, but because only a small amount is actually from employment he got away with it

Awesome, thanks :top:
Reply 7
Awesome, thanks :top:

No problemo :yy:
Hi ILikePasta

Sponsors are defined as:-

The student's natural or adoptive parent(s).

The parent's spouse, civil partner or cohabiting partner (If they live in the household).

The student's spouse, civil partner or cohabiting partner (If they live in the household).

So you can put either one, depending where you would live mostly. If the parent lives with a partner we would require them to provide information also.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending