The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend says he text me when he's ready to talk

So my ex says to me to stop texting for a bit and I asked what he meant and he said he text me when he's ready to talk does this mean he wants to be alone for a while and how long do you think he needs some time?

Scroll to see replies

I think he means he wants to be left alone until he tells you otherwise. If I said that, that's what I would mean :yep: let him do it in his own time.
It means he needs some time to get over it and move on. You clearly still like him so don't have any contact with him until you're over him too. If he's "ready to talk" but you still like him then don't talk to him. Wait until you're over him and then there won't be any issues with unrequited love.
Original post by iEthan
I think he means he wants to be left alone until he tells you otherwise. If I said that, that's what I would mean :yep: let him do it in his own time.

Ok thanks
Original post by georgiaswift
It means he needs some time to get over it and move on. You clearly still like him so don't have any contact with him until you're over him too. If he's "ready to talk" but you still like him then don't talk to him. Wait until you're over him and then there won't be any issues with unrequited love.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks for your advice
You've made several threads about your ex now, all of which pointed to your ex being a horrible person and everyone advising you to let him go and move on. You keep asking for advice and then saying you have taken it but then still come back and ask again about your ex.

What are you aiming for here? Seriously.
Original post by glamourprincess
So my ex says to me to stop texting for a bit and I asked what he meant and he said he text me when he's ready to talk does this mean he wants to be alone for a while and how long do you think he needs some time?

You need to let it go seriously, for whatever reason he does not want to talk to you so you need to accept it and try and move on.
Original post by SophieSmall
You've made several threads about your ex now, all of which pointed to your ex being a horrible person and everyone advising you to let him go and move on. You keep asking for advice and then saying you have taken it but then still come back and ask again about your ex.

What are you aiming for here? Seriously.

I'm not well I have mental illness
Original post by Rock Fan
You need to let it go seriously, for whatever reason he does not want to talk to you so you need to accept it and try and move on.

Will he not talk to me again ?
Will he not talk to me again ?

Probably not, sorry to be brutally honest.
I'm not well I have mental illness

Then you need to seek help for your mental health, which is something I've already suggested on 2 of your threads.
Yes I am lovesick and that's part of my illness and I can't get help no one is helping me
Yes I am lovesick and that's part of my illness and I can't get help no one is helping me

Go to your doctor.

Who have you gone to for help?

What illness is it you have? As if you say you have an illness I assume you must have been diagnosed? This usually also means you'll have been given treatment + support options.
Reply 14
Can't believe i'm doing this but if you need to talk feel free to PM me.
Original post by SophieSmall
Who have you gone to for help?

What illness is it you have? As if you say you have an illness I assume you must have been diagnosed? This usually also means you'll have been given treatment + support options.

Psychotic depression
Original post by whorace
Can't believe i'm doing this but if you need to talk feel free to PM me.

Thanks anyway
Ok guys I should leave him as its not doing any good for me but just needed to sort things out which he should of done
Ok guys I should leave him as its not doing any good for me but just needed to sort things out which he should of done

It's a two way street, OP. You mustn't dump all of the responsibilities on your ex. He took his course of action which was asking to be left alone and you are now taking yours. It's best to move on because 'staying friends' doesn't work out very often. Hope you sort things out, either way.
Original post by iEthan
It's a two way street, OP. You mustn't dump all of the responsibilities on your ex. He took his course of action which was asking to be left alone and you are now taking yours. It's best to move on because 'staying friends' doesn't work out very often. Hope you sort things out, either way.

I know and thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending