The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Microbiology

Hi,
is anyone elso doing the BSc microbiology course?
Liam
Reply 1
I'm a first year student, did you have any questions about the course?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jf1994
I'm a first year student, did you have any questions about the course?

Hi, I was wondering with the coursework, how long did you have to do it, were you able to do any extra modules and have you had to decide your optionals for next year yet? Also, how soon were you doing practicals and were you provided with a lab coat?
many thanks, Liam.
Reply 3
Original post by liamc0
Hi, I was wondering with the coursework, how long did you have to do it, were you able to do any extra modules and have you had to decide your optionals for next year yet? Also, how soon were you doing practicals and were you provided with a lab coat?
many thanks, Liam.

Coursework due dates vary massively; we had about a month to do a 2000 word research-based essay. 1 week to complete a practical report as another example.

You don't have any optional modules for year and as far as I know you'll choose your year 2 options on the first week of year 2.

Lab coat and goggles are provided free within your first couple of weeks, but for the microbial practicals you're not allowed to wear your own lab coat. You only have about 6 practicals in Autumn semester (genetics and biochemistry) but Spring semester is much heavier. Past few weeks we've actually had more practicals than lectures, and they're much more microbiology-based than the ones you do in Autumn.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending