The Student Room Group

Anyone one else hates looking people in the eye?.

I hate making eye contact.
It stresses me out.
And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xyzedd
It stresses me out.
And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.

Sounds like paranoia.
No I always make uncomfortable, unmoving eye contact
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
No I always make uncomfortable, unmoving eye contact

I hate looking lesbians/gays in the eyes.
They stress me out.
Reply 4
I don't like it in general. Usually fairly comfortable conversing with someone I don't know too well but eye contact is pretty uncomfortable at first.
Original post by xyzedd
I hate looking lesbians/gays in the eyes.
They stress me out.

Because you're intimidated by their awesomeness? It's ok I understand :u:
Original post by xyzedd
It stresses me out.

Do you have autism/ aspergers syndrome? I do and I feel the same way as you do most of the time, unless its someone I really fancy in which case I will stare intently into their eyeballs until they are sure I want to murder them
Reply 7
I find it quite easy now, most people are uncomfortable with it which just makes me feel more in control of the situation :smile:
Reply 8
No, I have social anxiety and shyness.
Reply 9
Because you're insecure and have no self esteem, you feel inferior thus the inability to look in eyes.

No, I don't have this problem.
:u:
Reply 10
Original post by xyzedd
It stresses me out.

I'm the same, but I think it's because I associate eye contact with kissing, it's just too intimate. Also, they say the eyes are the window to the soul, so I don't like people being able to know what I'm thinking by looking at my eyes.
Original post by xyzedd
No, I have social anxiety and shyness.

Fair enough. Are you getting help for it?
Original post by xyzedd
It stresses me out.

Yeh, I also have this problem OP :frown:
Reply 13
I am taking anti - depressants , but I feel they numb my feelings , I feel like a zombie with them , like I don't experience life.

So I stopped taking them without telling my parents...
Reply 14
Original post by ravioliyears
Yeh, I also have this problem OP :frown:

Really?

Spoiler

Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I also espeically hate looking at other guy's eyes.
Because it feels intimate and almost sexual to me to make eye contact.

So I prefer doing it with women.
Because making eye contact with other males feel just weird to me.

I am not a homo , I am straight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spv
Really?

Spoiler

Yh, I have a serious confidence issue.

Spoiler

I hate eye contact too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is probably due to your social anxiety , know the cause of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending