The Student Room Group

Sexism....

So my Uni are doing some stupid campaign at the moment. The head of social stuff is posting things like this on facebook...... 12745991_1649860158611030_2551318707598273527_n (1).jpg Of course gender limits athletic ability.....

Also another one about how we shouldn't say 'Man up'......What has society come to. No it doesn't suggest women can't be courageous...Anyway men are stronger and generally tougher. Basic biology.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brb going to Mars...
Original post by Zacken
Brb going to Mars...

Don't come back
Reply 3
Original post by tinkerbella~
Don't come back

Wasn't planning to, that's what the restraining order says
Reply 4
I'd be more concerned that somebody is getting punched..I mean these are adults we're talking about, and who older than 12 says "you do x like a girl"
Reply 6
the posters make me cringe

:puke:
Reply 7
OP is clearly mad about feminism, umadbro?
Im sorry but those posters are the most idiotic things I have ever seen. Which uni do you go to?

I believe in Gender equality to a certain extent. Biologically Men in general are physically stronger then women. Thats not being sexist because its true.
Having frequently seen Geordie lasses lamp both men and women with some force, I would regard "you punch like a girl" to be a compliment of your fighting prowess.
Reply 10
Original post by tinkerbella~
Don't come back

hahaha :lol:
Original post by GUMI

Feminism is the opposite of intimidating
lmao making posters about something so petty
Original post by ivy.98
the posters make me cringe

:puke:

This level contains high levels of cringiness.

Anyway I'm going to sleep. Got a busy day tomorrow. Night babe. xoxoxoxo
Reply 14
Original post by Kholmes1
Im sorry but those posters are the most idiotic things I have ever seen. Which uni do you go to?

I believe in Gender equality to a certain extent. Biologically Men in general are physically stronger then women. Thats not being sexist because its true.

Misogynistic traitor.
Original post by Josb
Misogynistic traitor.

??

Im not Misogynistic. I believe that women are better at some things than men because of their biology. Just like how men are better at some things.
lol, student unions... Still, this is just something you have to put up with in modern society really. Don't think it's going away.
Reply 17
Original post by High Stakes
This level contains high levels of cringiness.

Anyway I'm going to sleep. Got a busy day tomorrow. Night babe. xoxoxoxo

huh, is my hubby a feminist?

Spoiler

Reply 18
Original post by GUMI

I held back my anger when I saw then and didnt post anything offensive in the comments on facebook.

I did however state when we say this we are not being sexist and that men are naturally stronger than women. By quite abit.
Reply 19
Original post by Josb
Misogynistic traitor.

Sarcasm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest