The Student Room Group

Sexism....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Things like these posters make me cry at night.
Reply 21
Original post by Nadile
Things like these posters make me cry at night.

The posters and steroids make me so angry.
Reply 22
Original post by Nurne
Sarcasm?

No, I completely support these empowering posters. They help women a lot.
Original post by Kholmes1
??

Im not Misogynistic. I believe that women are better at some things than men because of their biology. Just like how men are better at some things.

Yeah, that's equity, not equality. I simply don't understand why people are labelled sexist automatically when they oppose equality.

EG:

1. Women/children got on the lifeboats in Titanic; if equality was applicable in that case, both adult genders would have been allowed to save their lives.

2. Conscription historically targeted men only; if equality was applicable then even breastfeeding women would have been forced to join the army.

Complete equality between the sexes is simply impractical and even cold.
Reply 24
Original post by HyphyMud
I held back my anger when I saw then and didnt post anything offensive in the comments on facebook.

I did however state when we say this we are not being sexist and that men are naturally stronger than women. By quite abit.

Nah, I get what you mean, its just I can tell you have strong feelings about these posters. Im always tempted to correct SJWs on their comments and stuff too, but its a waste of time xD
Reply 25
Original post by Quantex
Having frequently seen Geordie lasses lamp both men and women with some force, I would regard "you punch like a girl" to be a compliment of your fighting prowess.

I know this is probably a joke but I feel I should weigh in.
On average women do not punch as hard as men. It's not sexism, it's a biological fact that no one can change. It's just the way it is - no woman has or will ever punch as hard as say, Mike Tyson, it's not possible will never be possible.

It does seem childish though, trying to be anti sexist with violence - giving out the wrong message I reckon - not very mature.
I see those posters triggered you.
Yes PC stuff is retarded, but complaining about it only results in more PC ********. I have found if you ignore them ... well actually they don't go away but they can be retarded else where which is good enough.
Original post by Zacken
Wasn't planning to, that's what the restraining order says

You never had much respect for rules.
Original post by Ano123
I know this is probably a joke but I feel I should weigh in.
On average women do not punch as hard as men. It's not sexism, it's a biological fact that no one can change. It's just the way it is - no woman has or will ever punch as hard as say, Mike Tyson, it's not possible will never be possible.

It does seem childish though, trying to be anti sexist with violence - giving out the wrong message I reckon - not very mature.

SO what? A woman can still kill you... Especially now where all you need is the physical strength to pull a trigger. Women are on the front line against ISIS. What are pansies like you and OP doing compared to that? Oh yeah being big tough guys standing up against student unions on a student forum. I'm in awe of your masculinity and poser flexing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by tinkerbella~
You never had much respect for rules.

Or you, because you're female.
Reply 31
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
SO what? A woman can still kill you... Especially now where all you need is the physical strength to pull a trigger. Women are on the front line against ISIS. What are pansies like you and OP doing compared to that? Oh yeah being big tough guys standing up against student unions on a student forum. I'm in awe of your masculinity and poser flexing.

Pipe down.

I don't join the army because it's not our war to get involved with.

Give 1000 men and a 1000 women a gun and tell them to shoot a terrorist. I guarantee more men will pull the trigger.
Original post by Zacken
Or you, because you're female.

You're really embracing the theme of this thread, you're an inspiration.
Pipe down.

I don't join the army because it's not our war to get involved with.

Give 1000 men and a 1000 women a gun and tell them to shoot a terrorist. I guarantee more men will pull the trigger.

Except when we are involved with it. ISIS are our problem. What have you done that's comparable to these women Mr Macho?

Kurdish women are on the front line fighting and getting killed by ISIS. They are even braver if their physical weakness due to gender puts them at a disadvantage.

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/female-isis-fighters

If these women can fight in street combat I think women are capable of playing sport lol.

[video="youtube;TGVbpsGmLVo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVbpsGmLVo[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 34

When did I claim to be a big muscle guy or something?
What you said has to be one of the most irrelevant thing you could have said. I literally have no idea where it has come from. Guns, ISIS, nowhere does this thread say that.
I was responding to the first image posted by the OP, and saying it's not sexist at all to say "you hit like a girl".
Don't take what I said to heart.
I have no interest in these threads, I was just mentioning some simple, biological facts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
Except when we are involved with it. ISIS are our problem. What have you done that's comparable to these women Mr Macho?

Kurdish women are on the front line fighting and getting killed by ISIS. They are even braver if their physical weakness due to gender puts them at a disadvantage.

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/female-isis-fighters

If these women can fight in street combat I think women are capable of playing sport lol.

Only because we send troops over....I'm guessing you're female so not really in touch with military matters. I decided not to be an idiot and go blow them up, which would inturn makes ISIS angrier and thus leads to further retaliation. Bombings in Paris etc.

Do I care? Nope. Shipping yourself off around the world to try and kill terrorists doesn't't make you particualry courageuos. Just stupid.

Women can play sport yes, just generally they're not as good as men. No offence but it's genetics and nothing you can do about it.
Original post by Ano123
When did I claim to be a big muscle guy or something?
What you said has to be one of the most irrelevant thing you could have said. I literally have no idea where it has come from. Guns, ISIS, nowhere does this thread say that.
I was responding to the first image posted by the OP, and saying it's not sexist at all to say "you hit like a girl".

I dunno, it seemed relevant to me. When we are talking about punching and physicality I associate that with fighting. The notion that women can;t throw or some other variant when at the same time they can kill an Islamic fascist with an AK47 is funny to me. The spud below me is more of who I am throwing this at.

Only because we send troops over....I'm guessing you're female so not really in touch with military matters. I decided not to be an idiot and go blow them up, which would inturn makes ISIS angrier and thus leads to further retaliation. Bombings in Paris etc.Do I care? Nope. Shipping yourself off around the world to try and kill terrorists doesn't't make you particualry courageuos. Just stupid.Women can play sport yes, just generally they're not as good as men. No offence but it's genetics and nothing you can do about it.

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Having back muscles doesn't make you a warrior :laugh: The Kurds are defending their home land *sigh*

Well, they;re better than you with an AK47 and I can see why they are better academically :indiff:

I'm also male.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
I dunno, it seemed relevant to me. When we are talking about punching and physicality I associate that with fighting.

I said that on average, men are physically stronger than women, that's a fact, it's not a put down that means to make any woman feel bad, it's just the way it is.
I never said that women can't be brave or can't kill people. I didn't even say anything that could be taken offensive or sexist (I am not sexist in any way).
All I ever present is facts.
Reply 38
I dunno, it seemed relevant to me. When we are talking about punching and physicality I associate that with fighting. The notion that women can;t throw or some other variant when at the same time they can kill an Islamic fascist with an AK47 is funny to me. The spud below me is more of who I am throwing this at.
You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Having back muscles doesn't make you a warrior :laugh: The Kurds are defending their home land *sigh*Well, they;re better than you with an AK47.

Why are you just attacking people for their views? Particularly when no one has said anything offensive or sexist, they're just stating facts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39

You clearly don't have the slightest clue. Having back muscles doesn't make you a warrior :laugh: The Kurds are defending their home land *sigh*

Well, they;re better than you with an AK47 and I can see why they are better academically :indiff:

I'm also male.

They don't? Damn.... Yeah and? Good for them.

Maybe that's because I don't need to use an AK47..... Seriously are you retarded or just like spewing out random crap. ?

Quick Reply

Latest