The Student Room Group

Mixed signals or am I just reading too much into it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He asked me out over a year ago though, nearly two years ago so it's probable that he liked me at the time but since has likely lost interest and developed other crushes or likes in the meantime? After all, if someone doesn't want to go out with you, you move on don't you?

I think he's just fooling about, although he is a bit crazy and has a reputation for being ditzy. He also smokes weed regularly; I don't know if that would precipitate any previous mental health conditions he has but it's probably worth considering. One time when I was cleaning the works toilet he demanded to be allowed in. After I had said no he said words to the effect of 'Oh come on <name> you know you fancy me.' I said no because he was too short. He grumbled at me through the toilet door and then when I came out he proceeded to take his top off and dance around the crew room half naked spraying someones inhaler all over himself :rofl: :toofunny:

Ok, I took it that everything was happening in rapid succession. I think the weed might be as likely to suppress mental states, but whilst causing some new ones of its own. Such as being delusional, for instance. He sounds like a candidate for being delusional. Schizophrenics are both delusional, and unable to form normal relationships. Some people simply become the fool that everybody already thinks of them as being/They take the path of least resistance.. "Crew room"? This was a school outing on a ship?!!

I don`t think he would be showing any interest in you now if he did not still fancy you however. It might just be that he fancies you too much, and that to go with you would be to confront his own inadequacy. The said same inadequacy that he is running from, and likely with the aid of the weed. He certainly sounds very inadequate. I can only make suggestions from here, and eventually it will be for you to finally work him out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kates David
Ok, I took it that everything was happening in rapid succession. I think the weed might be as likely to suppress mental states, but whilst causing some new ones of its own. Such as being delusional, for instance. He sounds like a candidate for being delusional. Schizophrenics are both delusional, and unable to form normal relationships. Some people simply become the fool that everybody already thinks of them as being/They take the path of least resistance.. "Crew room"? This was a school outing on a ship?!!

I don`t think he would be showing any interest in you now if he did not still fancy you however. It might just be that he fancies you too much, and that to go with you would be to confront his own inadequacy. The said same inadequacy that he is running from, and likely with the aid of the weed. He certainly sounds very inadequate. I can only make suggestions from here, and eventually it will be for you to finally work him out.

My apologies, I should have made that clear from the start. Crew room is just another word we use to mean staff room. How would you proceed from here personally? Everyone including work colleagues and people on here keep saying I should ask him out again.

I appreciate your opinions regardless
My apologies, I should have made that clear from the start. Crew room is just another word we use to mean staff room. How would you proceed from here personally? Everyone including work colleagues and people on here keep saying I should ask him out again.

I appreciate your opinions regardless

Are you a teacher then?
I would continue to do what you are doing, to gather more information, Where traits of character are concerned that are a distance from the norm, until it is understood reasonably well what it is that is making for the difference individuals must be considered higher risk for relationships in my opinion. My opinion would be the same should an individual be performing "too well". Why would a teacher have been so attracted to such an uneducated school boy. Perhaps a teacher pretending to be a pupil? Are they honestly called work colleagues now days?
Are you a teacher then?
I would continue to do what you are doing, to gather more information, Where traits of character are concerned that are a distance from the norm, until it is understood reasonably well what it is that is making for the difference individuals must be considered higher risk for relationships in my opinion. My opinion would be the same should an individual be performing "too well". Why would a teacher have been so attracted to such an uneducated school boy. Perhaps a teacher pretending to be a pupil? Are they honestly called work colleagues now days?

What? Oh no, Im not a teacher. We both work in unprofessional entry level jobs. Myself mainly because I needed some extra income whilst at uni.
What? Oh no, Im not a teacher. We both work in unprofessional entry level jobs. Myself mainly because I needed some extra income whilst at uni.

This guy we`ve been discussing sounds like somebody about fifteen years old? What`s he doing working with the students anyway? That`s where my concern would be. I don`t think it`s wise to even have him there. I suppose it makes life more interesting bringing men into a school environment that your uncertain of. I would n`t do it though.
(edited 8 years ago)
This guy we`ve been discussing sounds like somebody about fifteen years old? What`s he doing working with the students anyway? That`s where my concern would be. I don`t think it`s wise to even have him there. I suppose it makes life more interesting bringing men into a school environment that your uncertain of. I would n`t do it though.

Sorry, just to clarify, you seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick here. Neither of us work in a school or have anything to do with a school. Were fast food restaurant employees. The guy I'm talking about is 19, I'm 21. I work with customers, he works behind the counter.

Hopefully that's cleared everything up a bit
Sorry, just to clarify, you seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick here. Neither of us work in a school or have anything to do with a school. Were fast food restaurant employees. The guy I'm talking about is 19, I'm 21. I work with customers, he works behind the counter.

Hopefully that's cleared everything up a bit

I was thinking you meant unprofessional entry level jobs at a school...If he`s not too immature for you, there`s a better than even chance, in my view, that he wont cause you any really significant problems. This is n`t to retract from anything I`ve already suggested, but simply to further clarify. Madison nearly went for your job, she`s at Waitrose, the only one to have ever got through their training.at this branch.

As for jealousy, jealousy tends to come with fear of loss, and your fear of loss is heightened as consequence to having been in an abusive relation. These abusive relationships are very common for you girls. Most of the girls that have lived with me have been through this. I believe that as many as one in ten of you have suffered a degree of sexual abuse at the hand of men by the age of eighteen. The best response is a lightning fast jab to the adams apple causing suffocation. .

I`m currently trying to get her children back, but as they are held by a psychopath it`s virtually impossible. Psychopaths are the most powerful members of our society, and they play absolutely everybody, and most especially so called psychology experts. This is why you never hear that a person is a psychopath, yet they are very common.. The experts are totally inadequate in the real world!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending