The Student Room Group

A Female's road to Bath University's Computer Science Degree (Hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Finished 4 questions:
I shave marked them all and made examples for all except the fourth one.
Short break then going to carry on and try to complete the example for 4 and finish the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Did an extra half hour and finished there paper and marked it and made model answers ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456066037.697137.jpg
Got a High C so improving slowly.
It seems that kinetic energy and potential energy seem to be a weak point.
I am going to do another M2 paper as I feel like it. This one won't be based on hard questions but just be the Jan 2012. Be back in 1 and 1/2 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Did a second paper today and marked it.... Didn't go very well got a low D 😭 however thinking about it without a text book so not too bad. I have made model answers and have contacted a friend in the ones I stil don't understand (took 2 hours) .
Now I am going to sort out my list of equipment for my A2 physics coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Spent an hour sorting out my A2 physics practical assessment.
Now going to spend 1 hour and a bit on another M2 paper (will not let M2 defeat me !).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
So got back from school at 4. Finished the chemistry past paper we were doing in class and marked it making example answers for the incorrect ones for tomorrow's mock. Got a C 😟 but hopefully now I have gone through the silly mistakes I will get them tomorrow.
Correction page shown below:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1456161226.035982.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1456161237.327767.jpg

I am now going to file it away in my past paper folder and then do an M2 past paper for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
So did about 2 solid hours plus a bit on an M2 maths paper (Gold edexcel level 4) as a bit of a confidence booster for tomorrow because these are he hardest questions in the edexcel papers (not sure about from which years) and so hopefully it will make tomorrow's mock easier. Pretty happy I got an A (52/ 75 A* = 55!) so finally getting there !
I worked through the mark scheme on the questions I didn't get making model answers. As its now 20:22 and I have to be at school for 8:25 tomorrow I am be going to do any more revision tonight.
So next time I post on this thread I will have done two A2 mocks !!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
So did my chemistry mock today (June 2015 paper 1) I felt it went ok but not as well as I hoped. I got my chemistry course work mark 15/15 🤓 so now I have that and the 14/15 I got previously just the ten marker to go.
Did the M2 mock which didn't go as badly as expected in fact it went rather well. This one lamina question I had absolutely no idea but then near the end of the time it clicked. So glad I spent those hours on M2 during the holiday as I didn't know how much of the course I couldn't remember till I did a paper.
Tomorrow is FP1 retake mock. It is only the first four chapters. I have not yet finished the fourth chapter but only need to finish parametric equations (which we are doing in C4) and tangents and normals. I am going to go and have dinner and then plan to spend an hour on those topics.
Good luck to anyone else doing mocks this week !!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
Finished chapter 4 !!!!! Didn't do the last questions in the textbook but did the examples and did three past paper questions and marked them. They seem quite simple so hopefully tomorrows mock will have similar style questions. Ok no more work today will update tomorrow to say how the mock went and how I felt about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
So did my resit mock for FP1 today it was only on the first four chapters and felt it went quite well. Was quite confident going in as I have finished all the chapters going through the examples and some of he questions in the book and then loaadddddssss of exam questions. I was a bit worried about chapter 4 (coordinate systems) though as I only finished that last night and only have the energy to do three exam questions.
It started off badly and I blanked on the first two questions but then after going further into the paper it clicked and so I went back to them at the end.
Something I find helpful when stuck on a question (either at the beginning or end) is to draw a huge question mark on it in pencil that way when I am going back through it I can see really quickly which questions I didn't finish / answer.
I also indelible answer twice so that the examiner can see the answer really clearly and so I can see that I have finished the question.

I had a stats lesson (we have finished the course) so we started an exam paper. Sir started going through a question which I thought was really simple and finished quite quickly but then he kept asking me questions so had to follow along with it.
I had an hour free this afternoon (sorry "study period" ) and so did Part A of an OCR past paper and marked it. 10/20 Part A is always my worst part of the paper though lots of people say it's he easiest part. It's probably because it's less mathsy than part B where I get all my marks! I also made a cover sheet just for part A with model answers for the questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're so productive! :smile: The idea of using a correction sheet for each past paper is a really good idea. I'm used to doing them for real exams but not past papers. I'll definitely start doing this. Thank you! :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by Ara8311a
You're so productive! :smile: The idea of using a correction sheet for each past paper is a really good idea. I'm used to doing them for real exams but not past papers. I'll definitely start doing this. Thank you! :tongue:

That's ok good luck with your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Got my mock result for M2!!!! B super happy 😄 a few silly mistakes but the general idea was there.
For the next hour I am going to finish part B of the physics paper I was doing yesterday and mark it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Marked a chemistry paper which we did in class. I only managed to get an 1 extra marked compared to last time I did the paper so have decided to change how I revise for chemistry unit 1 for a bit (more on that later).
Have almost completed the physics paper (just the last question to go!) I am marking it one question at a time and making model answers using the mark scheme at the same time and notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Finished the past paper and made example answers and a cover sheet. I am going to do another past paper and try to mark it before the end of tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Finished and marked second paper after having read through the cover sheet of the first paper I did tonight. Upped the grade from and E to an A so hopefully it will go fine tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Did my physics mock today and then spent an hour revising statistics 1. I then did my statistics mock this afternoon. Got my physics grade already (sir had free due to mocks in the afternoon) I got an A so really happy. Made some silly mistakes apparently but still managed to get an A so pretty good. Haven't seen it yet so shall see. No more results today.
I will not be doing any more revision today as I have had 3 hours of mocks and done an hour of revision. I also have youth orchestra tonight.

Weekend goals:

FP2 past questions on First Order differentials
Chemistry -Revise and make notes for Ligands and transition metals and redox reactions
Physics - work out second practical experiment for A2 coursework
S2 - do a bronze-gold past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Going to spend the next two hours doing an S2 paper marking it and then making model answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Spent 1:30 on S2 have marked and done 5 exam questions making a model answer for one of them. Going to stop S2 now and have a short break.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Going to spend an hour on transition metals and Ligands. I am going to use a revision technique that I have adapted from something my biology teacher made us do at GCSE.
Mr biology teacher used to condense each unit into around 30 questions. If you pull answer all these questions the you will know the entire course.
I take true exam specification and change each statement or group of statements into a question I then use the text book (or mark schemes to past questions) to answer the question making notes which answer it thoroughly. Using the questions I can then test myself later. I have already done module 1 and 2 of unit 1 of OCR chemistry A and chapter 13 and 14 of OCR physics B.
So I shall now spend an hour creating questions from the specification and answering them on Ligands and transition metals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Finished making questions and model answers from the specification on transition metals and precipitation reactions and have started Ligands going to spend another hour hopefully can finish Ligands and complex ions and ligand substitution reactions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending