The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread

I found a thread for other years but not for 2016, so I thought I should make one
I know that this is a thread that no hopeful medic wants to visit, but I think it is a good idea to have it as it can inform us about which medical schools have started handing out rejections.

If you have received a rejection, please post the name of the university that sent the rejection (and if possible, why).

If you have had a rejection, I am sorry and it only November so you still have chances with your other medical schools and good luck with the rest of your application!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I got all 4 interviews so maybe all 4 who knows
Reply 2
Original post by tutorscience
I got all 4 interviews so maybe all 4 who knows

Which Unis
Reply 3
Stats???
Reply 4
Just so you sort of know when to expect them, last year I received rejections from:
St Andrews (first week in December)
Dundee (the week before christmas)
Glasgow (not until February!)

Didn't get interviews for any of them, I think normally most medical schools start giving out interviews now and the majority of them give out all of their interviews before christmas, but there are a few exceptions
Original post by gemmac123455
got rejected from kings college london today :frown:

I am sorry to hear that, don't worry, it is still November, so you still have a chance with your other medical schools
Good luck with the rest of them!
Original post by hollyt93
Just so you sort of know when to expect them, last year I received rejections from:
St Andrews (first week in December)
Dundee (the week before christmas)
Glasgow (not until February!)

Didn't get interviews for any of them, I think normally most medical schools start giving out interviews now and the majority of them give out all of their interviews before christmas, but there are a few exceptions

Oooh good idea! That was a bit mean of Dundee with the timing tbh, hopefully you have better luck this year if you're reapplying! :smile:

Last year I got rejected from (no interviews):

Bristol (early December)
Aberdeen (sometime in January I think)
UCL and Edinburgh (both in March, about a week apart)

I think this might vary for different people with different stats, but if this helps anyone as a sort of rough guide (hopefully you won't need it in the end :wink:), then here you are.
Reply 7
Original post by lightwoXd
Oooh good idea! That was a bit mean of Dundee with the timing tbh, hopefully you have better luck this year if you're reapplying! :smile:

Last year I got rejected from (no interviews):

Bristol (early December)
Aberdeen (sometime in January I think)
UCL and Edinburgh (both in March, about a week apart)

I think this might vary for different people with different stats, but if this helps anyone as a sort of rough guide (hopefully you won't need it in the end :wink:), then here you are.

I actually got into Aberdeen Med school so I'm studying there now :smile: But thank you anyway, are you reapplying this year?

Hi! Dont worry! There are still other choices! :smile: Did they say You a reason why You got rejected?
Reply 9

stats?
Original post by hollyt93
I actually got into Aberdeen Med school so I'm studying there now :smile: But thank you anyway, are you reapplying this year?

Ohright sorry haha, congrats on that! How're you finding it?

And yeah I am, different ones this time though :smile:
Original post by lightwoXd
Ohright sorry haha, congrats on that! How're you finding it?

And yeah I am, different ones this time though :smile:

It's really enjoyable actually, I'd definitely recommend applying again next year it's so worth it

Sometimes having a year out can really help your application anyway since you can build up more work experience etc
Got rejected from kcl last week they don't give out feedback pre interview I'm only guessing it was because my ukcat score was too low I got 637.5 b 2.
what is the cut off at kings this year?
Original post by marcelinee
what is the cut off at kings this year?

I don't think they have released it yet
Was rejected from Edinburgh a few days ago as a graduant applicant post-interview.
Was rejected from Manchester on Monday because of my UKCAT being lower than the threshold.
Exeter, wasn't tier one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected from Oxford, BMAT score was too low I think :lol:
Rejected from KCL lol :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending