The Student Room Group

Muslim HouseHusband AMA

I'm a 26 year old Muslim househusband, ask me anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Househusband

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this your first account on TSR? :tongue:

(If so, well done on being able to make an AMA or indeed a thread on your first day, I certainly would've been confused/nervous :tongue:)
(edited 8 years ago)
"Househusband"

Cringed out of realms.
Lol househusband that quite funny. So what do you do on a daily basis? Make beautiful rotis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't you get bored?
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Is this your first account on TSR? :tongue:

(If so, well done on being able to make an AMA or indeed a thread on your first day, I certainly would've been confused/nervous :tongue:)

I've stalked this forum for quite some while, finally built up the courage to make an account :colondollar:
Original post by scubi doo
"Househusband"

Cringed out of realms.

Why?
Original post by Superhotfire
Lol househusband that quite funny. So what do you do on a daily basis? Make beautiful rotis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's a roti? :confused:
Original post by The_Internet
Don't you get bored?

At times yes, but I have a a 1 year old son and a 3 year old daughter to look after so there's not that much free time!
Do you enjoy being a househusband? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

House husband really? Pull your finger out a get a job not for yourself but your kids.
Serious goals.

Does your wife/partner work?

What are the worst things about being a househusband?
is bin laden in ur stove cuz
Reply 10
a traditional Muslim family is where the husband works and the wife stays at home, why have you chosen to the the opposite? does it affect your relationship with your wife? What are your qualifications e.g. degree compared to your wife :smile:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Have you blown anything up in the kitchen yet?

Not blown anything up, but I've set the smoke alarm off a few times!
Original post by Blondie987
Do you enjoy being a househusband? :smile:

I miss working at times, but I enjoy spending time with my little ones a lot more :smile:

Original post by ViewsFromSi6
House husband really? Pull your finger out a get a job not for yourself but your kids.

Play nice! The kids have everything they want!
Original post by asexual slug
Serious goals.

Does your wife/partner work?

What are the worst things about being a househusband?

Yeah she works, I guess the worst thing about it is the boredom, but the kids keep me occupied a fair amount of the time
Original post by donnieduckface
is bin laden in ur stove cuz

Yeah course!
Original post by mkap
a traditional Muslim family is where the husband works and the wife stays at home, why have you chosen to the the opposite? does it affect your relationship with your wife? What are your qualifications e.g. degree compared to your wife :smile:

Because we have young kids, we thought that at least one of us has to be around to look after them (rather than sending them to other relatives or daycare). It doesn't affect my relationship with my wife no, luckily we're in the same field! We're both ACA qualified accountants, she's 31 so has a few years on me (:tongue:), and was earning near double what I was (I graduated at 22 so only 4 years out of uni!), so we decided until the kids a little older then I'll stay home and look after them :smile: Luckily accounting is a career in which you just qualify and then there's not really any more exams, so I'll slot back in fairly easily when the time comes. I guess the perception is a little different for me, I hear that it's unheard of in Asian/Pakistani and Indian cultures for this to happen, but I'm half Spanish/half English so it's less of an issue I guess!

I'm hoping to transition back into work in the next 18 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you an Aquarius ?

:holmes:
Reply 13
How much sleep do you get?
Reply 14
You're half Spanish and half English? Did you convert to Islam to marry your wife?

Why?

It is a tautology. Husband is derived from the Norse word "hus" meaning house and "bondi" meaning occupier. Your name, essentially, is HouseHouse Occupier.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Yes, because the person who cringed at "HouseHusband" really did it because of etymological reasons.

You must be really fun at parties.

What other reason for cringing is there? A stay-at-home husband is not all that unusual these days, and certainly not to be sneered at. Couples are perfectly entitled to choose which of them should work, if only one of them is to do so, and if the woman can earn more or has more interest in doing so then what is wrong with that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you are an amazing human being and a role model to males lol its just that so many men support gender specific roles in the house men and women should share the chores and do their equal shares of housework nothing wrong with it most men just think its the womens job im going to make my husband share the household jobs for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where in her purse, does your wife keep your testicles?

I joke, good on you mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm curious, do you have a degree? :P x

Quick Reply

Latest