The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Applicants 2016 Information

Hi everyone,

Are you interested in joining the University of Worcester in September 2016? This thread is definitely for you. It has lots of information about how to apply and you can also have a general chat here or ask questions about student life at Worcester.

If you need help and information about how to apply to study at Worcester, you can check the official website which also tells you more about what happens to your application and gives you interview advice. There is also information for offer holders there, so make sure you have a look.

The next Open Days at Worcester are the following, to which you can book a place on the website. You can also request a prospectus if you wish.

Thursday 31 June 2016, 10am- 3pm
Sunday 26 June 2016, 10am-3pm

There is an Applicants 2016 Facebook page where you can find out more about applying or studying at Worcester and you can follow us on Twitter too: @worcester_uni or Instagram: worcester_uni.

Our current students and recent graduates write blog posts about their daily student lives and are the best to speak with if you need tips and advice about studying or living in Worcester. You can read their articles in the Worcester Student Life blog.
We hope you'll find all this information useful and if you have questions, we're happy to help.

Take care everyone,

Corina and Laura.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone else applied? I've applied for Psychology and been given a conditional offer, just wondering if anyone else is considering it?

Natasha :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Hi! :smile:

I've applied for accounting and got a conditional offer!!
Reply 3
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but is there any chance anyone has any pics on the rooms in The Old Post Office? Would really appreciate it as I am soo wary as to where my accommodation will be/look like ..slight OCD lool. Thanks guys !

And I have an offer for forensic psyc :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ttashaaaxx
Has anyone else applied? I've applied for Psychology and been given a conditional offer, just wondering if anyone else is considering it?

Natasha :smile:

I have being given a conditional offer for Counselling Psychology, Worcester will be my firm. Good luck :smile:
Original post by demie1824
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum but is there any chance anyone has any pics on the rooms in The Old Post Office? Would really appreciate it as I am soo wary as to where my accommodation will be/look like ..slight OCD lool. Thanks guys !

And I have an offer for forensic psyc :smile:

I have a friend who lives in that accommodation. I'll see if I can get a few pics when I return to Worcester in the New Year. :smile:

Congratulations to all of you for your offers. If you have any questions or want someone to chat to, send me a message!
I applied in November and in two days I got an interview for the 20th of January, I had it yesterday and found that it went really well. I'll hear within ten days, however id love to hear in more like seven! Aha! I'm not sure what accommodation I should opt for? Logical way, is to opt for the traditional one, however I don't want to live in horrible conditions, it needs to be decent aha! And I can't come up for an open day because it's just too far to travel, 4-5 hours! So has anyone seen them and could give me some more insight? Thanks
Reply 7
Which is the best halls to stay!!
Original post by KirsttyyM
I applied in November and in two days I got an interview for the 20th of January, I had it yesterday and found that it went really well. I'll hear within ten days, however id love to hear in more like seven! Aha! I'm not sure what accommodation I should opt for? Logical way, is to opt for the traditional one, however I don't want to live in horrible conditions, it needs to be decent aha! And I can't come up for an open day because it's just too far to travel, 4-5 hours! So has anyone seen them and could give me some more insight? Thanks

Hey Kirsty, have you applied for accommodation yet? Which option did you choose?
Original post by Olly..
Which is the best halls to stay!!

Hey Olly, it depends on what you want really. There is something for everyone. Have you had a look on the website? Is there any type of accommodation you would consider? I could tell you more about it.

http://www.worcester.ac.uk/your-home/living-in-halls.html

Corina :smile:
Original post by The University of Worcester
Hey Kirsty, have you applied for accommodation yet? Which option did you choose?

Hello, i haven't firmed Worcester yet as i haven't received all my offers, however,i will be firming and i will be going to the traditional £91 a week accommodation,i wanted to go higher as i have job up in Worcester however i'd like to live as cheaply as possible :wink:
Hello, i haven't firmed Worcester yet as i haven't received all my offers, however,i will be firming and i will be going to the traditional £91 a week accommodation,i wanted to go higher as i have job up in Worcester however i'd like to live as cheaply as possible :wink:

Hi Kirsty,

I understand, which course will you be studying?

The traditional accommodation is not bad at all, it has the largest room which is great. When I was a student, I lived there during the summer until the contract for my new accommodation started and I had a really great time there.

The floor has 2 wings and in the middle you have the shared kitchen. Each wing has 4-5 rooms and a toilet and a shower, if I remember well. You have a sink in your room which is always handy.

I think it's fine that you want to save and spend your money in different ways, it's all about having a great student experience. One the university blog, there is a post about managing on little money, which you may find interesting.

Hope to see you around the campus soon. Let me know if you have other questions.

Corina :smile:
Does anybody know when we hear back about getting our accommodation confirmed?
Original post by Charliewhitexo
Does anybody know when we hear back about getting our accommodation confirmed?

Hi Charlie, as the deadline for accommodation applications is at the end of May, the confirmations will probably be sent from June onwards. Which type did you pick?

Corina
Original post by The University of Worcester
Hi Charlie, as the deadline for accommodation applications is at the end of May, the confirmations will probably be sent from June onwards. Which type did you pick?

Corina

I picked ensuite!
Original post by Charliewhitexo
I picked ensuite!

That's great! Hopefully, you'll get that one and then you can enjoy having your own bathroom. Are you excited to start in September?

Hope you don't mind me asking but on what grounds did you have to have an interview? :smile:
Hi,
Was wondering what the nightlife is like in Worcester? I know all the basics from blurbs and stuff but would like to hear more about it from a real student's perspective. Also, what is it like living in Worcester as a city? Again, I know Worcester relatively well but am just interested to see what other students think about it especially in terms of its size, considering it's smaller and quieter than a lot of other uni cities… Thanks in advance. :smile:
Original post by SabbyCat
Hi,
Was wondering what the nightlife is like in Worcester? I know all the basics from blurbs and stuff but would like to hear more about it from a real student's perspective. Also, what is it like living in Worcester as a city? Again, I know Worcester relatively well but am just interested to see what other students think about it especially in terms of its size, considering it's smaller and quieter than a lot of other uni cities… Thanks in advance. :smile:

I'm perhaps not the best person to answer on nightlife as I only started going out when I arrived at Worcester, but generally speaking it's quite fun; you've got three major clubs (one of which is big and split up three), and there's usually a big event going on every few weeks. They're all close together as well, so they're easy to get to and navigate between.

Worcester is a lovely city and really quite beautiful. It's not massive, but there's plenty of shops and things to do. Depending on where you live and which campus your lectures are, you may have to walk roughly a mile to-and-fro, but it's easy.

I like the uni is great, but it's also very student driven. If you can, get involved with doing extra curricular activities such as helping your course out. :smile:

Hope that helps! :smile:
anyone had a human geog interview at worcester? i have one on sunday

Quick Reply

Latest