The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Heey, received an unconditional for Business studies and gonna make Bournemouth my firm :biggrin: 🙌🏼
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 121
Original post by KatiePrenx
We should all talk and make friends. What do y'all think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I think it would be great to make some friends before the academic year starts for us. It will make a new environment less anxious if you get to know people going/already there beforehand.
Reply 122
Original post by Paige_kayleigh
Heey, received an unconditional for Business studies and gonna make Bournemouth my firm :biggrin: 🙌🏼

I recieved an unconditional to study Business studies at bournemouth too!
Original post by BStew
I haven't yet, had 3 rejections from Birmingham, Coventry and Leicester. So feeling nervous now!

Well I will cross my fingers for you! Think of rejections as one less place to decide between....makes your decision much easier!
Original post by tvh1997
Just wondering, when applying for the accommodation what are some of the preferences you get given? I know there is options like all girls/ all boys, en-suite etc. but what other preferences can you put down? for example music taste, background, interests? can you create your own profile? i'm going to apply to either dorchester or cranbourne and would be really helpful to know beforehandthanks :smile:

Hi Tvh1997!

My name is Patricia and I'm a final year at BU and also a representative for them on TheStudentRoom!

It's been quite a long time since I applied for my accommodation and it's a bit updated, you've got the general gist of it and yes, when the Accommodation Portal is open BU will send you an email and you log in details to create your profile. It'll be like a typical social media profile so you can upload a picture of yourself and little bio about your likes and interest. Also you'll be able to have a look at the people who have already chosen to be in a particular flat!

I can't say the specifics about the preferences only because I don't know them at this point in time, however if you have any other questions about this, please just message me and I can try my best to help!

Good luck!
Patricia :biggrin:
Hi ! I've got a conditional to study forensic computing and security. Soo as I already got my english results, I'm just waiting for the final exams , anyone else on forensic computing ? o.o

btw: whats the best accomodation considering this course is at talbot campus?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by reachmore
Hi ! I've got a conditional to study forensic computing and security xd soo as I already got my english results, I'm just waiting for the final exams , anyone else on forensic computing ? o.o

Personally i love living at dorchester, it is the furthest from the campus but even then excluding rush hour the journey takes only 15 mins and the stop is right outside- asda is directly opposite which helps too! Depends what you are looking from your halls really?
Original post by Jon Organ
Personally i love living at dorchester, it is the furthest from the campus but even then excluding rush hour the journey takes only 15 mins and the stop is right outside- asda is directly opposite which helps too! Depends what you are looking from your halls really?

uhm,I don't have much expectations beside the basic ( clean,nice people,easy to get to the uni) but I think price matters to me.How is dorchester comparing to the rest regarding the price? and also I would prefere it to be like..quiet?!
uhm,I don't have much expectations beside the basic ( clean,nice people,easy to get to the uni) but I think price matters to me.How is dorchester comparing to the rest regarding the price? and also I would prefere it to be like..quiet?!

Dorxhester is one of the more expensive halls only lansdowne is more- its £127 a week i think to stay here- it is a fairly quiet halls theres never been an issue of being kept up by music or anything- the rooms are really nice but i would recommend going on the tours they provide on the open days if you want to see them first hand- hope that helps
thanks for your answer, unfortunately I can't attend open days but there is still enough time ahead to research the options I guess
thanks for your answer, unfortunately I can't attend open days but there is still enough time ahead to research the options I guess

Well i would look at the prices of each halls per week and see what you are willing to spend but i would recommend dorchester for sure
Hi ! I've got a conditional to study forensic computing and security xd soo as I already got my english results, I'm just waiting for the final exams , anyone else on forensic computing ? o.o

Hi Reachmore,

Depends what your after. Although your course is on the Talbot campus, most students still opt to stay down in Lansdown. Lansdown has Dorchester, Lyme Regis, Landsdown point (Our new catered option), Purbeck, Chesil and Cranbourne. Due to the fact most students do stay down near the town centre, your accomodation rent will include a bus pass to get to and from the campus. They come every 10 minuites usually and there is bus stops outside all of the accomodations so no need to walk in the mornings!

However, if you're the type to wake up 5 minuites before your lecture you may want to consider the Student Villiage. It is the only accomodation on the Talbot campus and are little houses rather than flats. It is one of the cheapest accomodations, the only down side is that it doesn't include an ensuite like most of the halls do.

Some people may be put off with the Student Villiage just because it's slightly out from the nightlife. However if your not the biggest clubber then this shouldn't be an issue. Also I knew people that stayed there last year and lots of people end up getting together and chipping in for a taxi.

I saw on another post you said you was looking for somewhere a bit quiter. The student villiage, chesil and corfe are the halls known for being more quite. I think that is because Chesil is smaller than the others and then Corfe is based in Poole so it's a little further out.

However, I stayed in Dorchester last year and I didn't have any issues with noise. I think it may be a steotype that there is loud noise 24/7 at uni (although admitidely freshers week is a bit loud!)

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:
Gemma :biggrin:
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi Reachmore,

Depends what your after. Although your course is on the Talbot campus, most students still opt to stay down in Lansdown. Lansdown has Dorchester, Lyme Regis, Landsdown point (Our new catered option), Purbeck, Chesil and Cranbourne. Due to the fact most students do stay down near the town centre, your accomodation rent will include a bus pass to get to and from the campus. They come every 10 minuites usually and there is bus stops outside all of the accomodations so no need to walk in the mornings!

However, if you're the type to wake up 5 minuites before your lecture you may want to consider the Student Villiage. It is the only accomodation on the Talbot campus and are little houses rather than flats. It is one of the cheapest accomodations, the only down side is that it doesn't include an ensuite like most of the halls do.

Some people may be put off with the Student Villiage just because it's slightly out from the nightlife. However if your not the biggest clubber then this shouldn't be an issue. Also I knew people that stayed there last year and lots of people end up getting together and chipping in for a taxi.

I saw on another post you said you was looking for somewhere a bit quiter. The student villiage, chesil and corfe are the halls known for being more quite. I think that is because Chesil is smaller than the others and then Corfe is based in Poole so it's a little further out.

However, I stayed in Dorchester last year and I didn't have any issues with noise. I think it may be a steotype that there is loud noise 24/7 at uni (although admitidely freshers week is a bit loud!)

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions feel free to ask :smile:
Gemma :biggrin:

Hey Gemma,thank you for the infos', well Student Villiage really sounds like what I'm looking for,I just hope that when the booking starts I wont be too late.Any ideas of the dates or the process?
I received an unconditional offer to study cyber security management and I plan on making Bournemouth my firm choice! Just waiting on one more uni to get back to me so that I can reply
Hey Gemma,thank you for the infos', well Student Villiage really sounds like what I'm looking for,I just hope that when the booking starts I wont be too late.Any ideas of the dates or the process?

Hey Reachmore!

I lived in the Student Village last year and I really enjoyed it - feel free to ask me if you had any questions about the village :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer!

Thanks
Chris :biggrin:
Original post by joshlepine
I received an unconditional offer to study cyber security management and I plan on making Bournemouth my firm choice! Just waiting on one more uni to get back to me so that I can reply

Hey joshelpine,

Congratulations! Great to hear that you are choosing Bournemouth as your firm choice! Let me or any of the other ambassadors know if you have any questions!

Thanks
Chris :biggrin:

Hi Reach

My name is Amy and I am a final year student at BU and a student ambassador. Booking wont start until some time in the spring, but the uni will email you before hand to give all the details of the process.

As I understand it: you would make a profile for yourself, likes dislikes etc, and then you can pick a room in a house with people that match your likes and dislikes.

I wouldn't worry to much about it right now,

Is there anything else I could help with?

Amy
Hi Everyone,

Thought I should introduce myself properly (I am sure some of you have seen me around the thred already).

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador for BU. I work here on the forum every three weeks and I work as a normal ambassador as well.

I am also a student at Bournemouth, I am in my final year studying Bsc Archaeology. I have also applied to study a masters at BU (so wish me luck!) If you have any questions about Bournemouth, Bournemouth uni, accomodation or any of the archaeology courses feel free to ask! I check my mailbox regularly so if you want a quick answer feel free to message me!

All the best with your applications!

Amy
Original post by amypotts
Hi Reach

My name is Amy and I am a final year student at BU and a student ambassador. Booking wont start until some time in the spring, but the uni will email you before hand to give all the details of the process.

As I understand it: you would make a profile for yourself, likes dislikes etc, and then you can pick a room in a house with people that match your likes and dislikes.

I wouldn't worry to much about it right now,

Is there anything else I could help with?

Amy

Hi there Amy, thank you . Well I guess its time to just chill and get ready for final exams then huh #

Just wondering where are the other forensic future students o.o
Hi there Amy, thank you . Well I guess its time to just chill and get ready for final exams then huh #

Just wondering where are the other forensic future students o.o

It is coming up for those fun times :biggrin: good luck!

Normally there is a fair number of forensic students (they are one of the biggest courses in our school (applied science/scitech)...but then again my course only has 10 on it).

They will turn up eventually :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending