The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else tried to join the Facebook group? There's only one admin and he hasn't added me yet!
Original post by Anderson171
Has anyone else tried to join the Facebook group? There's only one admin and he hasn't added me yet!

I'm on the group and it looks like i can add people so if i can find you on Facebook I'm happy to add you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 122
Hi guys, sorry about the delay in accepting people to the group - I've been away for a couple of days.
Massive congrats to those with offers, looking forward to meeting you all

Here is the group again: https://www.facebook.com/groups/972890076116450/
Hi guys,

I am thinking of applying for medicine and wanted to get a realistic opinion of if I would be considered into GEM at birmingham.

My academic qualifications are as follows:

GCSE: 1A* (CHEMISTRY) 3 As (MATHS, CITIZENSHIP, BIOLOGY) 4 Bs (ENGLISH LIT, ENGLISH LANG, LAW, STATISTICS) 1C (FRENCH). I completed DiDA (which is equivalent of 4 GCSE's. I also completed asset languages in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi.

AS levels: Psychology- B
A2 levels: Biology A, Maths B, Chemistry B, General studies B.
MPharm (Master in Pharmacy): 1st class honors, at my graduation I also received the pharmaceutical press prize award

Extra Circular activities:
Events coordinator of a university society (2nd year of university)
PR of a uni society (3rd year of university)
President of a uni society (4th(final) year)
Student ambassador (3rd and 4th year of uni)
Peer mentor (3rd,4th year)
Resident support assistant (4th year of uni) My hard work and dedication was noted and I received a student engagement award.
I also passed a motion at the students union.

Work experience
Retail (2010-2013)
Community pharmacy (2013-2014)
Pre-registration year at a large teaching hospital in the midlands (2015-2016). When I pass my exam in June I will be a registered pharmacist)

I have also completed a mental health first aid training and basic life support training.

I have passed a piloted version prescribing safety assessment test with a score of 83%, this test is required by some deaneries for junior doctors.

I have also had placements in boots, and an internship with a pharmaceutical company.

I am also a dyslexic student and wanted to get a realistic idea of getting into GEM at Birmingham or surrounding areas. I am from birmingham and would want to have a commutable distance to my university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending