The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Is getting a degree worth it?

Hello,

I'm after some advice!
I'm 19 years old, I left sixth form and immediately went into a job which I got through work experience. Long story short, it's not for me and i'm trying to consider the best option for my future.

I've seen a course in LJMU "English, media and cultural studies." It seems like a really interesting course with a broad variety of career opportunities at the end.

I'd love to hear your opinions on whether going to uni is worth it in this day in age... or would it be more beneficial for me to get an apprenticeship? I'm very much stuck.. I'm not sure if I've maybe matured too much/too little to go to uni.. also, anyone on the course who could maybe give me an idea of what it's like?

I really like Liverpool & part of me feels like I've missed out on an experience that all my friends seem to be having (worried that this may be swaying my decision too much)

Thanks!
Original post by cfholdie
Hello,

I'm after some advice!
I'm 19 years old, I left sixth form and immediately went into a job which I got through work experience. Long story short, it's not for me and i'm trying to consider the best option for my future.

I've seen a course in LJMU "English, media and cultural studies." It seems like a really interesting course with a broad variety of career opportunities at the end.

I'd love to hear your opinions on whether going to uni is worth it in this day in age... or would it be more beneficial for me to get an apprenticeship? I'm very much stuck.. I'm not sure if I've maybe matured too much/too little to go to uni.. also, anyone on the course who could maybe give me an idea of what it's like?

I really like Liverpool & part of me feels like I've missed out on an experience that all my friends seem to be having (worried that this may be swaying my decision too much)

Thanks!

There are too many variables involved. You should specify some bullet points as to what you want from your career/life.
Liverpool
Original post by BestProfileName
There are too many variables involved. You should specify some bullet points as to what you want from your career/life.

What is the only variable is:

I dont know?
Reply 3
Original post by BestProfileName

I think I need to figure out what I want career wise!!! I think I just want the city life and the experience of university... What I want to spend the rest of my life doing... I don't think I know! That's the flipping problem!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending