The Student Room Group

GSCE choices

I'm year 10 and I'm picking my GCSEs now and I'm doing triple award science, maths, further maths, English, English literature, German, music and half course re. I have another free subject that i have to choice and I don't know if I should do geography or technology and design? I haven't a clue what i want to do in the future and i enjoy them both. can someone please help me?
Original post by _rachaelkennedy
I'm year 10 and I'm picking my GCSEs now and I'm doing triple award science, maths, further maths, English, English literature, German, music and half course re. I have another free subject that i have to choice and I don't know if I should do geography or technology and design? I haven't a clue what i want to do in the future and i enjoy them both. can someone please help me?

I did D&T: Resistant Materials at GCSE, not Geography however. The coursework for D&T takes alot of time, especially outside of lessons. Me and my friends found this to be true across our D&T subjects (Product Design, Food Technology and Textiles - these were the only ones offered at my school). There is also exam content to learn in each D&T subject.

I took ResMats because I enjoyed it, and I did end up enjoying the course (AQA), and got an A* at the end of it, but be prepared for a lot of work though if you do take a tech subject(s).

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Dapperblook22
I did D&T: Resistant Materials at GCSE, not Geography however. The coursework for D&T takes alot of time, especially outside of lessons. Me and my friends found this to be true across our D&T subjects (Product Design, Food Technology and Textiles - these were the only ones offered at my school). There is also exam content to learn in each D&T subject.

I took ResMats because I enjoyed it, and I did end up enjoying the course (AQA), and got an A* at the end of it, but be prepared for a lot of work though if you do take a tech subject(s).

Hope this helps :smile:

Yeah, lots of people have told me that D&T is a lot of coursework but my teacher says that it will be changing and that most of our coursework will be done in class and we won't be doing as much at home as in previous years. i'm just worried that because of music there is a lot of coursework as well and i am also very busy outside of school, so i'm not sure if doing D&T will be too much work and that geography will be the safer option.....?
Original post by _rachaelkennedy

Those are all very academic subjects, so geography would probably fit in better.
Geography is really interesting, it's one of my favourite subjects, and it's really prestigous, colleges love it :smile:

Take geography! (although I am being rather bias haha)

Quick Reply

Latest