The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahbx
Anyone had/got an interview for Huddersfield? What type of things do they do during the group interview?

I had mine a few weeks ago. It's really relaxed and the staff are so so friendly. Nicest interview I've ever been to. Group interview is nothing to worry about. Just introduce yourself then small group exercise followed by your individual interview x
Original post by SeeingIsBelieving
Me too. When is your interview?

my interview is tomorrow, I'm so nervous now! x
ive been declined for nursing for 4 of my choices, however worcester gave me an offer for a health and social course, king's is my last bet and i haven't heard ANYTHING!!! panicking now!!!!!
Original post by KirsttyyM
ive been declined for nursing for 4 of my choices, however worcester gave me an offer for a health and social course, king's is my last bet and i haven't heard ANYTHING!!! panicking now!!!!!

Where did you apply? Have they said why you were declined? x
Has anyone else not heard back from Cardiff or USW yet? Getting really nervous
Original post by AmyH81
Where did you apply? Have they said why you were declined? x

two were for lack of care work experience because i sent my application off too early and so didn't mention my expierience i have done or am doing which was not a good move, 1 i failaed the maths test and worcester just gave me an offer, because they loved my application but didn't think i was ready yetfor nursing so yah :frown:
Original post by bthom19
Has anyone else not heard back from Cardiff or USW yet? Getting really nervous

I haven't heard from Cardiff! I phoned and they basically said I was on the maybe list! They've given interviews to all the top people, and also have declined all the people they definitely don't want to interview! And we are just in between , she said they might be adding an extra interview day for us but nothing is confirmed yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
two were for lack of care work experience because i sent my application off too early and so didn't mention my expierience i have done or am doing which was not a good move, 1 i failaed the maths test and worcester just gave me an offer, because they loved my application but didn't think i was ready yetfor nursing so yah :frown:

What experience do you have then? Did they say why they didn't think you were ready for Nursing? How old are you? x
Has anyone got an interview at Southampton tomorrow?
Has anyone had an interview at Chester and if so how long did it take for them to get back to you with a dicision? X
Original post by jodiebaker
Has anyone got an interview at Southampton tomorrow?

Not tomorrow but I've got mine next friday :smile: good luck for yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BrogSmith
I haven't heard from Cardiff! I phoned and they basically said I was on the maybe list! They've given interviews to all the top people, and also have declined all the people they definitely don't want to interview! And we are just in between , she said they might be adding an extra interview day for us but nothing is confirmed yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agh that's so nerve wracking! I doubt I'll be lucky enough, have you applied to uni of South Wales too?
Original post by alice97
Not tomorrow but I've got mine next friday :smile: good luck for yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Good Luck for yours too.
Original post by Laugraham
Has anyone had an interview at Chester and if so how long did it take for them to get back to you with a dicision? X

i had my chester interview in January and still haven't heard anything, i phoned up and they said that they've accepted their top/favourites already (withing 2/3 days of their interviews) and rejected the worst, and once the interviews are done, they go back over everyone left and offer a few more places or will reject you or put you on a reserve list..so no news isnt bad news!
Original post by BrogSmith
I haven't heard from Cardiff! I phoned and they basically said I was on the maybe list! They've given interviews to all the top people, and also have declined all the people they definitely don't want to interview! And we are just in between , she said they might be adding an extra interview day for us but nothing is confirmed yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a interview at cardiff yet I'm sure they it was the last of interviewing as they have been interviewing all week. I haven't heard anything back from USW but I was with at least 10 others in the interview yesterday and they haven't heard either so not to worry there is still hope x
Original post by kaley jane
I had a interview at cardiff yet I'm sure they it was the last of interviewing as they have been interviewing all week. I haven't heard anything back from USW but I was with at least 10 others in the interview yesterday and they haven't heard either so not to worry there is still hope x

I know people who have Cardiff interviews in March, and they are apparently still bringing out more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllieS97
i had my chester interview in January and still haven't heard anything, i phoned up and they said that they've accepted their top/favourites already (withing 2/3 days of their interviews) and rejected the worst, and once the interviews are done, they go back over everyone left and offer a few more places or will reject you or put you on a reserve list..so no news isnt bad news!

Ahh Thankyou.
Reply 1237

Sorry to hear this but don't panic! :smile: when did you apply to King's? They can be a little slow to respond in my experience. If it's been a really long time you could try and send them a message through the Portal? Where else did you apply to? Did they give you any feedback on why you were rejected that you can work on?

It's good that Worcester offered you the Health course but if Nursing is what you want to do then I'd think carefully before you accept it, especially with bursary changing. You could contact some universities and ask if they still have space for you to apply through UCAS Extra. (If you haven't heard about it, you can apply for one more choice at a time until Clearing I think.) Sometimes you can ask the uni to send them a revised personal statement too if that's been a problem for you but they can obviously still see your original one.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1238

Sorry just seen this having replied to your other post. If you've got some experience recently but forgot to put it down then you could try using Extra and contacting the universities with spaces to explain the situation and send them the missing info. :smile:

Could you apply for March intake? It would give you some more time to get experience and you still get bursary for March 2017 I think. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in here applied to dundee?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending