The Student Room Group

David Cameron shows his true colours in PMQs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/12171256/EU-referendum-Michael-Gove-David-Cameron-Boris-Johnson-Brexit-PMQs-live.html

PMQs: David Cameron tells Jeremy Corbyn to 'put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

I don't support Jeremy Corbyn because I find his policies to be far too extreme, but he's clearly principled and wants what's best for the country, so I have a lot of respect for him.

At the very least, he doesn't deserve to have insults like this thrown at him. David Cameron is acting more and more like a vicious school bully. It's becoming more clear that he's not only insincere and manipulative, he's also an outright awful person.

This repulsive little dinosaur needs to get the **** out of parliament.

Scroll to see replies

It was in response to a Labour jibe at him.
Original post by Dinasaurus

As our PM he could've reacted differently. Like two wrongs don't make a right. Tbh I think all politicians act despicably in PMQs, like a babbling bunch of monkeys all shouting over each other. No offence to monkeys.

If I was a suspicious man I might suspect that 'insult' was a plant...
Original post by similarBlank
Corbyn's a scruffy git. I don't normally agree with the Tories but Cameron was exactly right in what he said.

And David Cameron stuck his **** in a pig's mouth, but it's not appropriate or professional to shout it at PMQs.
(edited 8 years ago)
From Twitter

IMG_20160225_164911.jpg
If Corbyn sung the national anthem, you could bet any amount of money that Cameron and loads of Conservative supporters who currently criticise him for not singing it would then be calling him a hypocrite for singing a song about god protecting a monarch.

I have my issues with Corbyn, but I'm deeply unimpressed with a lot of the criticism of him, and with all the insignificant things that have been blown up into "news" stories (like the national anthem, or supposedly not bowing enough at the cenotaph).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Meh. It's PMQs. It's a panto. It doesn't count and will be forgotten next week. Political version of fish wrapping.
Reply 8
He should take the Prime Minister's advice.

Original post by RF_PineMarten
If Corbyn sung the national anthem, you could bet any amount of money that Cameron and loads of Conservative supporters who currently criticise him for not singing it would then be calling him a hypocrite for singing a song about god protecting a monarch.

Um, he said he would sing it in the future.

I have my issues with Corbyn, but I'm deeply unimpressed with a lot of the criticism of him, and with all the insignificant things that have been blown up into "news" stories (like the national anthem, or supposedly not bowing enough)

He bowed quite sufficiently at the cenotaph - I have no problem with his actions there at all - but the national anthem thing was his own doing. If you're going to put yourself forward for the highest political office in a country, it's absolutely insane if you give the impression that you won't sing its national anthem.
Original post by Serine Soul
From Twitter

IMG_20160225_164911.jpg

how do u call his hairstyle in the pic?. I really think it suits me
Original post by Duke Glacia
how do u call his hairstyle in the pic?. I really think it suits me

Don't know :dontknow:
Man's too cool to wear a proper suit, keep it smart casual init.

PMQ's is kind of embarrassing tbh, as said above it's just a pantomime really, planted questions/attacks on both sides.

Corbyn is too civil to respond in kind, shame. Cameron doesn't need to be telling people about mannerisms when he had a blowie from a dead pigs head, probably done a **** ton of lines off various animal body parts as well.

Funny thing is some criticized him earlier that day as in a video chat with the President....

No suit Dave, Obama ain't impressed.

Oh and here's Cameron a few hours after the comment at a pro EU rally......same shirt, lol poverty.

(edited 8 years ago)
They are all the same, PMQs does involve a lot of bullying - quite childish really.
Don't agree with most of what Corbyn says or believes, but he's taken the abuse in the HoC like a champ.
It's pretty childish at times which is one reason why I stopped watching PMQS. That and my ******** detector kept on overheating.

A jibe? The witticism was too finely polished, too rehearsed to be in response to a genuine jibe. I doubt you'll catch anyone on the recording saying anything of that nature from the Labour benches.
Original post by RF_PineMarten

I have my issues with Corbyn, but I'm deeply unimpressed with a lot of the criticism of him, and with all the insignificant things that have been blown up into "news" stories (like the national anthem, or supposedly not bowing enough at the cenotaph).

Come on, how difficult is it to not turn up looking like a tramp and then act normally at a memorial service?
Meanwhile...

Original post by KimKallstrom
Come on, how difficult is it to not turn up looking like a tramp and then act normally at a memorial service?
Unless you are Borris Johnson. Then looking like tramp is all part of your image. It is also easier to fit into your clothes if you are a fatty like Borris or Cameron.
(edited 8 years ago)

Don't talk about NHS. Talk about Corbyn's suit.

It's like I said in another thread. Some people can give it out all day and then let out deafening shrieks when they take it. Not Corbyn himself but his supporters for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending