Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by tinkerbella~
You don't do really dumb

You'd be surprised.
Original post by Zacken
It was nice, yeah. How'd you do? :h:

ah whoops, i got 72/75 which is an improvement. Q8a threw me off, I didnt realise it was just a substitution :frown:( so got 3/6 for the first part of it

the reduction formula was lovely i thought, I love when you get some algebra(?)/manipulation with the In \displaystyle I_n term

Spoiler

Reply 802
Original post by DylanJ42
ah whoops, i got 72/75 which is an improvement. Q8a threw me off, I didnt realise it was just a substitution :frown:( so got 3/6 for the first part of it

the reduction formula was lovely i thought, I love when you get some algebra(?)/manipulation with the In \displaystyle I_n term

Spoiler

Aaah, that's still really good and I think it's still full UMS, iirc so good job! :biggrin:

I really liked the last question, to be honest. I felt that the reduction formulae was too "guided" from the first part linking to the second, etc... :redface:
Original post by Zacken
Aaah, that's still really good and I think it's still full UMS, iirc so good job! :biggrin:

I really liked the last question, to be honest. I felt that the reduction formulae was too "guided" from the first part linking to the second, etc... :redface:

ah wow nice :biggrin: other than the last one the paper seemed straightforward enough for me so I'm surprised boundaries are so low

I can never remember the revolution formula (i had to look it up), i think im going to make posters of them and stick them in my room, with little silly methods on how to remember them :laugh:. Yea it did make it obvious how to start but i think the multiplying by the squared term after doing IBP was tough enough for FP3 standard you know. They cant make it too hard (its not step III :laugh:)

Would you say FP3 is to STEP III what C4 is to STEP II?
Reply 804

I can never remember the revolution formula (i had to look it up), i think im going to make posters of them and stick them in my room, with little silly methods on how to remember them :laugh:. Yea it did make it obvious how to start but i think the multiplying by the squared term after doing IBP was tough enough for FP3 standard you know. They cant make it too hard (its not step III :laugh:)

Would you say FP3 is to STEP III what C4 is to STEP II?

Wait, whaaat? Those are in the formula booklet! I don't remember them either, but you can look them up in the booklet. :redface: So there shouldn't be any use for posters or such, riiiiight?

I suppose that's a fair model, yeah. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Wait, whaaat? Those are in the formula booklet! I don't remember them either, but you can look them up in the booklet. :redface: So there shouldn't be any use for posters or such, riiiiight?

he just told me that's a stupid analogy
Original post by Zacken

are they? I have the 2009 version of the formula book and its not in there, so unless they've been added since then? but yea they're not in my one anyway

I seen your recent post about a II mock, an S, niceee job :biggrin: how is III going?
Reply 807
are they? I have the 2009 version of the formula book and its not in there, so unless they've been added since then? but yea they're not in my one anyway

I've got the 2009 (I think) version as well, they're on a page of their own, just check again? It's on page 13 of mine.

I seen your recent post about a II mock, an S, niceee job :biggrin: how is III going?

Haha, that was a III, 2004 mock. Thanks! :biggrin: I'm finding II easier than III on the whole, I think.
Original post by Zacken
I've got the 2009 (I think) version as well, they're on a page of their own, just check again? It's on page 13 of mine.

Haha, that was a III, 2004 mock. Thanks! :biggrin: I'm finding II easier than III on the whole, I think.

I dont have a page 13, page 12 then goes to mechanics on pg14, ive noticed that before hahaha how weird that the page i miss has the most vital formula for me on it :biggrin: thank you i will go print that now

Oh that was III :eek: jfc you are doing amazing. I am liking II myself, im still a bit slow though :frown: but speed will come with time and more practice i guess
Reply 809
I dont have a page 13, page 12 then goes to mechanics on pg14, ive noticed that before hahaha how weird that the page i miss has the most vital formula for me on it :biggrin: thank you i will go print that now

You like printing stuff out, I see! Haha, yay! Now you won't need to memorise it. :biggrin:

Oh that was III :eek: jfc you are doing amazing. I am liking II myself, im still a bit slow though :frown: but speed will come with time and more practice i guess

Nah, it was just an easy paper. :redface: You could give it a try yourself, you'd probably do better than me! Slow is to be expected, don't worry. You're doing very well, from what I can see. :yep:
Original post by Zacken
STEP III, 2004:

Superb effort, great analysis as well. :borat:
Reply 811
Original post by SeanFM
Superb effort, great analysis as well. :borat:

Thanks a ton! Coming from you... :colondollar:
Original post by Zacken
@aymanzayedmannan hey, just wanted to check how far into S3 you've gotten. I've tried a few exercises and examples and I'm either being really dumb or the textbook has a bunch of mistakes. So I was wondering if I could check with you. :colondollar:

i haven't proceeded past chapter 3, been waiting for you to finish it up. what are you doubting?

Original post by Number Nine
why dont you ask me how im getting on

EDIT: someone rep me for moral support xoxo

u have my rep fam
Done FP3 2009 today, I seriously recommend it as your next mock, you will looveee it. :dance: (you'll know what question in particular im talking about once you do it)

Edit: @aymanzayedmannan you too mister :h:

ooo I've done that paper, but i just scraped 56/75. :frown: i'll be redoing it this weekend, do you think that's a good idea?
Reply 814
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
i haven't proceeded past chapter 3, been waiting for you to finish it up. what are you doubting?

S'all good, cleared it up. I've finished up Chapter 3 now, we can move on to Chapter 4! I presume you'll be starting over the weekend or sometime now?
Reply 815
I'll be redoing it this weekend, do you think that's a good idea?

Yes! Very much so.
Original post by Zacken
You like printing stuff out, I see! Haha, yay! Now you won't need to memorise it. :biggrin:

Nah, it was just an easy paper. :redface: You could give it a try yourself, you'd probably do better than me! Slow is to be expected, don't worry. You're doing very well, from what I can see. :yep:

I much prefer physical copies to digital ones, thanks again for pointing this out, otherwise I would have learnt them off unnecessarily

I dont want to get hooked on STEP III too haha, I and II will be enough for me (although I definitely will try those questions you and louis said were good), definitely not better than you though :laugh: yea so long as the scores are good i'm not worried about time at this stage :u:
ooo I've done that paper, but i just scraped 56/75. :frown: i'll be redoing it this weekend, do you think that's a good idea?

not zacken but if ur getting a low mark then i think theres some lack of understanding of the concept. Try finishing the review exercise and then attack the past paper. Worked for me

I actually redone a paper (by accident) about 2 weeks ago and didnt realise, so I think it would be a nice idea, you most likely wont remember the answer (at least I didnt) so it kind of feels like a new paper

Did you like the reduction formula question??
Reply 819
Original post by Duke Glacia
not zacken but if ur getting a low mark then i think theres some lack of understanding of the concept. Try finishing the review exercise and then attack the past paper. Worked for me

Nah, he did another paper a few days after and got 73/75. He was just sick or something on the day he did that paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending