The Student Room Group

Eurocamp holiday courier 2016

Hellooooo :biggrin:

Has anybody had their place confirmed to start working for Eurocamp this summer? I haven't seen any forums regarding working as a courier for the company for 2016 as of yet! I've been offered a place. I'm really excited and slightly nervous as I've never done anything like this before.. but mainly excited :awesome:

Any advice on what to take etc as the luggage allowance is only 20kg for 3 months? Also, I'm majorly hoping I am allocated to my requested country. For anybody whose previously worked for the company, what is the likelihood of this happening and was you allocated to your preferred country if you requested one?

Xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by holidayrep2016

Has anybody had their place confirmed to start working for Eurocamp this summer? I haven't seen any forums regarding working as a courier for the company for 2016 as of yet! I've been offered a place. I'm really excited and slightly nervous as I've never done anything like this before.. but mainly excited :awesome:

Any advice on what to take etc as the luggage allowance is only 20kg for 3 months? Also, I'm majorly hoping I am allocated to my requested country. For anybody whose previously worked for the company, what is the likelihood of this happening and was you allocated to your preferred country if you requested one?

Xxx

how long ago did you apply? i haven't got a reply yet
Original post by mangala
how long ago did you apply? i haven't got a reply yet

About 4 weeks ago. Have you had your interview yet?
Reply 3
About 4 weeks ago. Have you had your interview yet?

i only applied a couple of days ago they haven't emailed me back or anything - i'm note sure if i'll have finished college in time for it though

i know someone who went on it and she said it was good, it's all students who do the jobs so its fun they drunk quite a lot apparently
Original post by mangala
i only applied a couple of days ago they haven't emailed me back or anything - i'm note sure if i'll have finished college in time for it though

i know someone who went on it and she said it was good, it's all students who do the jobs so its fun they drunk quite a lot apparently

When do you finish college? Yeah I think a lot of uni students do it. I think you should hear back in a few days, took them about 5 or 6 days to send me an email after I applied. The interview will be in Cheshire!
Reply 5
When do you finish college? Yeah I think a lot of uni students do it. I think you should hear back in a few days, took them about 5 or 6 days to send me an email after I applied. The interview will be in Cheshire!

i finish about april/may ish

any tips for the interview? what kind of style is it?
Original post by mangala
i finish about april/may ish

any tips for the interview? what kind of style is it?

Yeah that should be fine then cause you could start in June

It was actually a nice relaxed interview, they made you feel really welcome and it wasn't firing questions at you, it was more like a general chat. They just want to see what you're like as a person, if you'd be a good team player, how you'd handle certain situations which may be difficult and why you're actually interested in the job. The interview isn't anything to worry about and all of the other candidates was lovely too
Reply 7
Yeah that should be fine then cause you could start in June

It was actually a nice relaxed interview, they made you feel really welcome and it wasn't firing questions at you, it was more like a general chat. They just want to see what you're like as a person, if you'd be a good team player, how you'd handle certain situations which may be difficult and why you're actually interested in the job. The interview isn't anything to worry about and all of the other candidates was lovely too

hope i get the job, i don't wanna be sat at home for months before uni just wasting time

which location are you hoping to go to?
Original post by mangala
hope i get the job, i don't wanna be sat at home for months before uni just wasting time

which location are you hoping to go to?

Did you go to your interview? I received my allocation now :smile:
Reply 9
Ohhh where r u going? :smile: And how long did it take for them to respond after the interview? I messed up on the hat questions.... really badly! :/ It sucks when you do that to yourself! I'm still waiting to hear back thou, fingers crossed they'll reply soon!
Original post by ilikefish
Ohhh where r u going? :smile: And how long did it take for them to respond after the interview? I messed up on the hat questions.... really badly! :/ It sucks when you do that to yourself! I'm still waiting to hear back thou, fingers crossed they'll reply soon!

I heard back within a few days after my interview :smile: I messed up BAD my interview but somehow they believed I could do the job (kids courier) and gave me the job. That was last Summer had such a good time! Now coming back again this Summer!

Xxx

Hiya! You're probably already working at Eurocamp now as it's been like a month since you posted. Do you know there's a Eurocamp couriers group on Facebook? Like almost all couriers are in it and it's great for getting all the info you need for the job! I worked at Eurocamp in South France last Summer and will be going back again - if you've got any questions please feel free to ask me! :smile:
Original post by mangala

Yeah everyone's like students - you drink pretty much every night - it's such a good time!!
Do you think i will struggle if i dont drink ?
Original post by 3498kinvara
Do you think i will struggle if i dont drink ?

No you'll be fine :smile: It's only like once a week where people do heavy drinking games and actually try and get drunk. Most nights people just drink while sitting chatting around the table in the staff area. Then we just get drunk as we just stay up drinking for so long. There was one girl who didn't drink last year and she still had a great time. Although around 2 months into the season she voluntarily started drinking each evening too.

There's a lot of smoking too (although that might just be my area). Like there were like 20 couriers at my campsite and around 15 of them smoked. Although there was never a pressure to smoke and I didn't smoke when I was there.

A lot of nights people were too tired to drink/ stay up chatting and so people just went to their tents and watched movies/ tv shows on their laptops/ tablets.

It's a really great time - its a million times better than jobs in the UK. Although I was in the kids club where we played games all day with 6-9 year olds - i wasn't in the cleaning team so i don't know how that was.
Original post by timincognito
No you'll be fine :smile: It's only like once a week where people do heavy drinking games and actually try and get drunk. Most nights people just drink while sitting chatting around the table in the staff area. Then we just get drunk as we just stay up drinking for so long. There was one girl who didn't drink last year and she still had a great time. Although around 2 months into the season she voluntarily started drinking each evening too.

There's a lot of smoking too (although that might just be my area). Like there were like 20 couriers at my campsite and around 15 of them smoked. Although there was never a pressure to smoke and I didn't smoke when I was there.

A lot of nights people were too tired to drink/ stay up chatting and so people just went to their tents and watched movies/ tv shows on their laptops/ tablets.

It's a really great time - its a million times better than jobs in the UK. Although I was in the kids club where we played games all day with 6-9 year olds - i wasn't in the cleaning team so i don't know how that was.

I've been offered a place to go for around the 15th May but still haven't heard anything...should i be worried? :smile: also could you link me to the Eurocamp Courier group please?

Xxx

Because you would have done this last year can you give me any feedback on how it went? I am starting in July until September this year as a holiday courier but after reading online some horror stories I don't know whether I should take the role now.

Terri
Reply 17
Hi, I'm AmyAnd I'm wondering if I'll be in a tent or caravan.My family said I'd be stopping in a caravan due to there aren't many tents for couriers now except for a few and I dont want to luggage a suitcase, my backpack and a sleeping bag.Any advice because I don't want to take my sleeping bag when I can use the pillows and blankets that are provided.
Original post by Tuckwell
Hi, I'm AmyAnd I'm wondering if I'll be in a tent or caravan.My family said I'd be stopping in a caravan due to there aren't many tents for couriers now except for a few and I dont want to luggage a suitcase, my backpack and a sleeping bag.Any advice because I don't want to take my sleeping bag when I can use the pillows and blankets that are provided.

Hi Amy are you due to go out this season ? It really depends on the site which you are going to whether the live in area is tents or mobile homes, each site varies
i think you are advised to take bedding be it a sleeping bag or duvet for whatever accommodation you are in but if your site is near a supermarket it is easy enough to pick one up when you arrive on site

If you have any questions i can try and answer them, there is also a facebook group and if you post on which site you have been allocated someone from that site will be able to help and tell you what live in area is like
i have had my interview and ive got the job :-) when will i recieve my allocation ive put down that i can start the beginning off the season till the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending