The Student Room Group

Could Britain apply to join the United States of America as the 51st state?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L i b
I wasn't aware Donald Trump was seeking election in the Caucasus. Has anyone informed the Armenian government?

He's also doesn't qualify as a redneck, being quite solidly from New York.

:rolleyes:
Reply 21
OP, you be trippin somethin awful. There's 3000 miles of atlantic ocean between us. That might not even sound like a lot if you're slow of brain but trying walking it.
Original post by RUCrazy
OP, you be trippin somethin awful. There's 3000 miles of atlantic ocean between us. That might not even sound like a lot if you're slow of brain but trying walking it.

Are you retarded? US owns Guam and Hawaii and Samoa and outlying Caribbean Islands, Alaska, etc

they're far away as **** from the U.S. union mainland.

I could scratch my head till it bleeds with you ppl.
Reply 23
Hawaii is America's holiday getaway. Can't see many yanks wanting to vacation in a rain soaked, wind-swept, miserable grey Island. Also, Alaska has oil.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Thomas2
If we leave the EU and it doesn't work out and we don't want to rejoin the EU under the harsh terms it would inevitable dictate to us...

No. EVERY SINGLE US Secretary of State has voiced the USA's firm commitment to the UK staying IN the EU. That's both Democrat AND Republican without exception!!

When John Kerry repeated this commitment at the recent Syria summit the anti-EU camp went ballistic, saying Kerry had been 'got at' by Cameron. That was a simple LIE. Kerry was only repeating what has been US policy since before the UK joined the Common Market, as they were keen for us to join when the UK was not.

It cannot be repeated enough: The US has never wanted UK to leave the EU, values our contribution to it and wants us to stay now. the UK has no future either in the US or in NAFTA, none.
Reply 25
Isn't Britain enough of a lapdog of America as it is?
UK+Australia+Canad+New Zealand if that happens I will be out of here one way ticket to Australia
Original post by _icecream
UK+Australia+Canad+New Zealand if that happens I will be out of here one way ticket to Australia

Why is that, then? :holmes:
Original post by Hydeman
Why is that, then? :holmes:

Nicer weather
Original post by Thomas2
If we leave the EU and it doesn't work out and we don't want to rejoin the EU under the harsh terms it would inevitable dictate to us...

There's no going back once we've left the EU ...
Reply 30
Neither side wants to unite I think.
Nicer weather

The weather would remain more or less constant regardless of whether the UK became a U.S. state or not...
I am not sure that Eurosceptics would support joining the US, considering their main argument against the EU is reduced domestic Parliamentary sovereignty. Leaving a supranational organisation for a national organisation might not exactly meet their objectives.
American here. Don't even think about joining the US of A
Feeling particularly evil and destructive today, eh OP?
Reply 35
Nicer weather

Bigger spiders.
Reply 36
Original post by Thomas2

Please list the "harsh terms it would inevitable dictate" to the UK?
Original post by Josb
Bigger spiders.

You would know, being French. :colone:
Reply 38
Original post by Hydeman
You would know, being French. :colone:

Our spiders are smaller than Australian ones. :hide:
Original post by Josb
Our spiders are smaller than Australian ones. :hide:

Whatever makes you feel better, honey. :console:

Quick Reply

Latest