The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iamflorence
Thanks for the reply! I haven't really thought about Bristol due to my weak GCSEs. But do you think I would suit it?

I don't know if this changes with the new A-levels, but Bristol scores 80% personal statement based and 20% academic (12% GCSE and 8% A-Level), I think.
This is all in their medicine admissions statement.

I don't know how Glasgow decides who to interview, though
Reply 1021
Glasgow says it takes everything into account but it's actually just min academics and then everyone scored by UKCAT.
So basically...the Scottish Funding Council still haven't released their intake and funding for controlled medicine intake...so until they do we can pretty much assume we won't hear anything because and all the medical schools won't know how many places they have to offer. But last week the Dentistry funding was released and Aberdeen basically gave out offers the next day...so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by kcampbell893
So basically...the Scottish Funding Council still haven't released their intake and funding for controlled medicine intake...so until they do we can pretty much assume we won't hear anything because and all the medical schools won't know how many places they have to offer. But last week the Dentistry funding was released and Aberdeen basically gave out offers the next day...so fingers crossed :smile:

Their Announcement always come out on Thursday. (probably have the meeting every Thursday or late Wednesday) So if they do come out tomorrow, then we may hear something this Friday.
I guess as soon as we see the guidance document here: http://www.sfc.ac.uk/communications/SectorCommunications.aspx, we can expect to start hearing back.
Original post by Marcus4004
I guess as soon as we see the guidance document here: http://www.sfc.ac.uk/communications/SectorCommunications.aspx, we can expect to start hearing back.

Pretty much...I know Aberdeen last year sent out their offers as soon as that information came out so fingers crossed it won't be too much longer...it can't be surely
It's normally released around this time so hopefully it'll be released soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still nothing lol hurry up sfc
Original post by kcampbell893
......Aberdeen doesn't have a dental school
Reply 1029
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Betty555

They do post graduate dentistry

It 100% does.
The wait continues
I'd say the SFC will probably release it by the end of next week at the earliest, I'm not too hopeful of getting offers before the week after
I meant undergraduate dentistry :smile:
Did anyone get a good feeling from their Glasgow interview - like they'd done well at the time ?
Did anyone get a good feeling from their Glasgow interview - like they'd done well at the time ?

In my non ethical panel yes, I was very confident with that felt well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt like mine went well right after because the people were really nice, but the more I reflect on it, I think my ethical one went quite badly.

I honestly didn't feel good about either of my panels. The ethics panel people were nice, but I didn't feel too comfortable at the other one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending