The Student Room Group

Can I get into UNIVERSITY without MATHS GCSE C

im in year 12 and was wondering could i get into university without a gcse grade c in maths, lets say grade d. and to mention i autistic which makes it really difficult to process mathematical information. i know its early and im resitting my maths, but i just want to know. i got a grade e in maths. i want to do fashion at university and want to go to the london college of fashion if anyone want to know.

thank you!!!

Scroll to see replies

Yes you can but still try and re take maths this year. AS LONG as you get the grades you put down at your universitey they will offer you a place depending on what you would like to study. But do check your track UCAS to see the requirements.
Original post by nasrinali
im in year 12 and was wondering could i get into university without a gcse grade c in maths, lets say grade d. and to mention i autistic which makes it really difficult to process mathematical information. i know its early and im resitting my maths, but i just want to know. i got a grade e in maths. i want to do fashion at university and want to go to the london college of fashion if anyone want to know.

thank you!!!

lol why you even thinking about university if you can't pass maths?? get off tsr and start studying!
ummm I have all my offers and I haven't passed maths gcse and im studying international relations and I am in year 13. IF YOU ARE REALLY SMART answer my question the one you commented on saying "do your own homework"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hellohelp666
ummm I have all my offers and I haven't passed maths gcse and im studying international relations and I am in year 13. IF YOU ARE REALLY SMART answer my question the one you commented on saying "do your own homework"

are you a troll?
ARE YOU mentally disabled ?
ARE YOU mentally disabled ?

1327974741374.png
I thin you should get your money up
Check the course's entry requirement on the university website.
Reply 9
I'm very sorry but according to my research most universities don't accept u to study any subject if you don't have a minimum grade of C in maths and English at GCSE 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can maybe do functional skills level 2 in maths or alternatively contact your uni and explain to them your situation, I think this is your best option.
Reply 11

thank you!!!

Hey! To be honest, maths is a very important skill, and this is coming from someone who just scraped a C at GCSE and absolutely hates it.Its really important in everyday life too, so while it might not be a necessary requirement for all uni courses (esp. if it has no relevance to maths whatsoever), I would still persevere at least!

GOOD LUCK, (practice past papers, trust me it helps!)
Yes of course you can get into University without Maths GCSE at a grade C. Everyone here is messing around, some are even serious cause they are elitist but dont listen to them. As long as you are comfortable with not going to one of the best Universities and wont be studying Maths or a Science based subject, given that you have good A Levels you will be able to get into Uni.

thank you!!!

There are lots of undergraduate courses at universities that don't require a GCSE in maths.
Go to the London college of fashion web site and check out the entry requirements for courses that attract you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!!!

why go uni for fashion, like throwing £27,000 in the bin lol
i was under the general impression that you needed a c. Also if you can only get an e, what does that say for your study/work ethic? Do you even understand how much harder university life is than a levels, let alone gcses??
Hi there!

If you are currently studying A Levels, then you should check the University's entry requirements for those A Levels. But as far as I know, you need English C and Maths C. You always have the option of retaking it though.

Good luck!

Leo
Some poeple have a genuine disability or great difficulty lets start to respect that......I AM ONE OF THEM....

thank you!!!

I'm in year 13 and I'm still resitting maths. I am also autistic, but I never let it get in the way of my studies! I've literally just applied to university to do media (I'm waiting for comments on how it is a Mickey Mouse degree but it isn't :smile:)) the unis wouldn't be offering it if it was) and all of mine need maths. I'm okay with that though, as Maths is such an essential qualification, and I've learnt that it is not the end of the world if a C isn't attained first time round. If you get a C after retaking, then great!! You don't need to worry about it again. But if you don't, don't worry. People will help you with it!!! :smile: my school has offered me an opportunity to do functional skills level 2, so if I can pass both then that's great

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you already have all your offers then why are you asking this question?

Quick Reply

Latest