The Student Room Group

Northumbria or Nottingham Trent?

I love the look of both of these unis. I know I need to decide my firm and insurance SOON as the accomodation is going so quickely. I know Northumbria is probably the better uni of the two but I think I prefer the course modules they offer at Nottingham Trent.

The main thing that puts me off Northumbria is the distance from where I am now and where my closest friends are. Should I really let this affect me though? I'm not sure if I should go to Northumbria as its the better one of the two / may be more employable / I may get a better degree / it sounds better.

Any advice?
Original post by Em Chal
I love the look of both of these unis. I know I need to decide my firm and insurance SOON as the accomodation is going so quickely. I know Northumbria is probably the better uni of the two but I think I prefer the course modules they offer at Nottingham Trent.

The main thing that puts me off Northumbria is the distance from where I am now and where my closest friends are. Should I really let this affect me though? I'm not sure if I should go to Northumbria as its the better one of the two / may be more employable / I may get a better degree / it sounds better.

Any advice?

Only 5% of applicants have chosen their firms....accommodation will not run out.

Don't be pressured into a decision by accommodation worries - people applying to both universities through clearing in August will end up with somewhere to live - you have a LOT of time to make this decision and you should use it.
Go with whatever will make you happiest.

I've firmed Northumbria and managed to get an earlybird offer on accommodation but I would not worry as there will be plenty of accommodation, it just depends how picky you are with what you want!

Have you been and visited both unis?
Reply 3
Original post by Jessicalw23
Go with whatever will make you happiest.

I've firmed Northumbria and managed to get an earlybird offer on accommodation but I would not worry as there will be plenty of accommodation, it just depends how picky you are with what you want!

Have you been and visited both unis?

I'm going to Northumbria this Saturday and then Nottingham on the 12th of next month, hoping I'll be able to decide by how much I like or dislike Northumbria though
Original post by Em Chal
I'm going to Northumbria this Saturday and then Nottingham on the 12th of next month, hoping I'll be able to decide by how much I like or dislike Northumbria though

I was really impressed with the facilities. I've booked accommodation that isn't ran by Northumbria though that's more near central Newcastle 😊 Atleast you'll visit both so you'll have a better idea! Good luck :biggrin:
I am in the same situation right now to choose between the two. Kindly advise, which university is the best, which one did you finally choose and how is it.
Original post by elza.shanti
I am in the same situation right now to choose between the two. Kindly advise, which university is the best, which one did you finally choose and how is it.

I doubt you will get a response from the OP as this thread hasn't been active for 6 years.
Original post by normaw
I doubt you will get a response from the OP as this thread hasn't been active for 6 years.

As new to this forum may be I have quoted and posted wrongly. But I wish to get the reply related to the same .
Original post by elza.shanti

Hi Elza!

Which course are you interested in studying?

A good way to find out if a University is the right fit for you, is to visit one of the open days. Northumbria University has some open days coming up on Friday 24th June and Saturday 25th June 2022 which you can find out more about here - www.northumbria.ac.uk/opendays

If you have any questions about Northumbria University please get in touch!

Best wishes,

Becky
UG Student Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending